Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
ochowdero
12psi boost

ochowdero is on a distinguished road
Default doing a 7mgte swap.. can you tell me what im missing? LOL

heres some pics of where my cps goes and of my turbo intake.
can you tell me alil more about what im missing?

this is where the cps goes, correct? ..well my question is can i use the component from my 7mge and put it on the 7mgte? if not, how much will this cost? D:

----------------

this is the turbo intake, well idk what its spose to look like or what else goes to this. this is the only piece i have for the intake part. what else is there? (under the yellow foam is a gold grill, "MAF" im assuming.)

---------------------

also i have the harness and ecu for the 7mgte but the wires that plug into the ecu(car side) dont fit and on the ecu theres is another connection that i dont have on the car side.. what do i do? or what is needed to do?

thaNKS IN ADVANCE this is very much appreciated from any feedback.

i really want turbo
ochowdero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
ochowdero
12psi boost

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp! please help

i really want turbo
Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have time right now to post anything in depth... The CPS is there, but it's missing it's cover. They're plastic and tend to crumble with age. You should be able to order a new cover and the seal for it from Toyota without hurting the pocket book significantly.

The part under the gold thingy is indeed the KVAFM (AFM for short... no MKIII uses a MAF).

I don't see any of the oil cooler components nor the intercooler components, still waiting on those?

Not the best pictures to go by. Some pics of the front and thermostat housing would be helpful too.

Yes, it looks like the bulk of the intake is all present.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #4
ochowdero
12psi boost

sorry i took forever to respond..

so the cps is there? cool, ill just get the cover and seal.
toyota dealer is the only way i can get that huh? even if i did get it from a junk, that isnt the best idea right?

oil cooler lines? :O i didnt know the stock turbo had them.
and i wouldnt even know where they go/look like

i figured i had everything for the intake, but i heard htat theres an adapter for the intake so you can have a cone filter?

i really want turbo
Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post

Not the best pictures to go by. Some pics of the front and thermostat housing would be helpful too.
may i ask for what? i would be happy to take some lol

i really want turbo
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Sonyps307
Lexus & 550's

Sonyps307 is on a distinguished road

U can get the CPS cover from driftmotion.com he has the stock one and a metal one.
Sonyps307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochowdero View Post
sorry i took forever to respond..
That's alright... The forum's not charging yet.

Quote:
oil cooler lines? :O i didnt know the stock turbo had them.
and i wouldnt even know where they go/look like
Yes, the MA71 has an oil cooler, not so with the MA70 (that's turbo and N/A, respectively). The MA71's oil cooler isn't great though as it's only a bypass cooler and it's pressure based, not temperature. I recommend you put together an aftermarket, full-flow oil cooler setup. I've posted pretty extensively about it before so please reference my past discussions on the matter.

Quote:
i figured i had everything for the intake, but i heard htat theres an adapter for the intake so you can have a cone filter?
You should know my feelings on the matter. A mildly upgraded 7M-GTE won't outflow a GOOD OEM filter and will supply air that's significantly cooler than a conical element which is openly exposed to the engine bay. Unless you're planning on boxing it in an enclosure or extending the piping to put the filter outside of the engine bay I say skip it.

Quote:
may i ask for what? i would be happy to take some lol
Getting bashful? I was just trying to be thorough and determine whether all of the sensors were present... Not a big deal and you'll know soon enough.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Yes, the MA71 has an oil cooler, not so with the MA70 (that's turbo and N/A, respectively). The MA71's oil cooler isn't great though as it's only a bypass cooler and it's pressure based, not temperature. I recommend you put together an aftermarket, full-flow oil cooler setup. I've posted pretty extensively about it before so please reference my past discussions on the matter.
ooh, coooooool. more money. whats your preferance.. im 10 mins away from driftmotion but if theres better ones out there for cheaper or worth the money. i prefer those.

Quote:
You should know my feelings on the matter. A mildly upgraded 7M-GTE won't outflow a GOOD OEM filter and will supply air that's significantly cooler than a conical element which is openly exposed to the engine bay. Unless you're planning on boxing it in an enclosure or extending the piping to put the filter outside of the engine bay I say skip it.
i forgot about that. i remember that post with those "hot" air intake(CAI) haha yes, i thought about it, and im trying to save as much money as i can to get this running. i prefer stock air box anyhow.

Quote:
Getting bashful? I was just trying to be thorough and determine whether all of the sensors were present... Not a big deal and you'll know soon enough.
??not at all.. i was just wondering why? figured you noticed something wrong/gone or broke on my engine. just wanted to make sure. ill snap some photos when i can if you want

i really want turbo
Old 02-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyps307 View Post
U can get the CPS cover from driftmotion.com he has the stock one and a metal one.
yeah i figured they have one.. ill have to research that

i really want turbo
Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Oh, I'm sure the DM crew could put together something worthwhile, but yeah, it's not the most complex of things and can be done without a premium.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...il-cooler.html

I know I've posted in more detail about this in the past but I don't have the time to dig for it right now.

Basic shopping list:
Around 18' steel braided oil hose
block adapter (mounts where the filter is)
remote oil filter head
thermostatic valve
oil cooler (I suggest around 8" x 12" or larger)
Some 1" x 1/8" aluminum stock from home depot to make mounting brackets.

Everything should be 1/2" or -10AN.

Tip Jar --->