Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Code 24 and 31 are to be expected unless you power the MAFT Pro BEFORE the ECU. I've covered this on my website and provide a wiring diagram how to power the MAFT Pro before the ECU. Take some time to go through what I have up on my site *thoroughly*.... A lot of your issues may be explained.

As for the code 34... It's not reliable as you're tampering with the airflow signal. Code 34 is based on airflow and RPM. With the MAFT Pro improperly tuned or setup the airflow signal could easily be well out of the "acceptable" range.

Yup, still need a bin and log...

I hope you've disabled PTT (Part Throttle Tracking) and AFR Tracking as I previously instructed.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #12
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

1989toyotasupraandpickup is on a distinguished road

How exactly do you disable ptt and wot tracking. I set the idle tps to 0 and the cruise tps to zero under the ptt menu. then i went to the wot menu and put the mintps value to 0. Plugged the oxygen sensor took the efi fuse out for 30 seconds then put it back in. Drove the car for a few minutes and ran great but all of a sudden the car started to bog down and misfire real bad. could not go over 20 mph. the afr gauge said very lean when all this happened. it was choking by not having enough fuel.
1989toyotasupraandpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989toyotasupraandpickup View Post
How exactly do you disable ptt and wot tracking.
http://www.fadingworld.com/CRE/Autom...nual%205.x.php

You didn't read it all. With WOT tracking min TPS sets the minimum the TPS signal must be at for WOT AFR tracking to be active. In this menu you want to set it higher than is realistic. Set it for 5v+. Alternatively you may set either min RPM or min Load higher than possible (ie: setting min RPM for 8000), OR you may set Gain to 0. It's a bit confusing that PT and WOT tracking are the opposite.... I really figured Bob would have done something about that by now.

Now, if you haven't made any significant changes to the car's fuel system you should be able to zero out the fuel maps and the car should fairly normally. Now is the time to adjust the trim and tip in/out (decay) settings. Then once it feels good, disconnect the O2 sensor and see what needs tweaked. Then plug the O2 sensor back in, setup the ETPS system and tune for upper-mid and WOT and let the ECU deal with the lower loads.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

Thank you cre for that link. it really helped me out and everyday i am learning something new about the system. im not perfect at it but at least im trying and i have people on here that will help me you in particular!!!!! Thank you so much and im sorry for all the questions you may think are dumb questions. I will tweak with the settings. still trying to learn about the vf signal and how to enable it on the maft pro and how to view it on the sensor screen. if you could give any advise that would be great. Thanks again cre!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I've never found Vf to be all that useful for tuning. It's a decent diagnostic aid but unless you're trying to maintain a stock tune it's not really helpful. Setting it up is easy enough, you wire the Vf pin to one of the MAFT Pro aux inputs, set the Aux In parapeter in the MAFT Pro's CFG Settings menu to 0 and then in the SensorMonitor you set one of the four monitors to Ax1 to see the readout (0v to 5v). You'll need to define the input in TunerPro if you want it to show up in TunerPro's logs.

Tip Jar --->
Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

CRE. It will not let me load up the file for you. i was going to attach the log file but it says invalid. can i send the file to you?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

You should be able to attach it by either zipping it up in a zip archive or possibly by adding .txt or .zip to the file name after the real extension.

Tip Jar --->
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

ok i think i got it. take a look and make sure that i have the right files. they seem to work good. the log has 2 sessions. the first one is the driving no boost and the other is the one under boost. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maft files.zip (78.6 KB, 86 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

Here is the bin file forgot to add that to the zip file i gave you. sorry
Attached Files
File Type: zip binFile.zip (398 Bytes, 56 views)
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #20
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I've been away due to a death in the family. I don't have TunerPro or the supporting software installed on any of my computers but as soon as I get a chance I'll go through what you've posted and see if anything calls out to me.

Tip Jar --->