Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #11
87mk111
3" Exhaust

87mk111 is on a distinguished road

all i have to say is good luck...

87 N/A 5spd BHG, soon to be gte with r154
87mk111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 AM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
i would sure love to see the 900hp dyno test when your finished

until then im not really convinced
Agreed, sounds full of it. The engine management you'll need to get this power out of a Supra will run you over $600 (and that's the bargain bin equipment)... add another $600+ for injectors large enough and you're already at half your budget.

And there are better than Cometic. Cometic makes a nice gasket and it's VERY forgiving if you can't get the head and block machined clean, smooth and flat enough for a real monster like the HKS Stopper.

You remind me a LOT of another fellow who USED to be on here... start giving crap advice and you'll follow suite. Keep it cool when you get challenged on here and stop laying it on so thick. That's the only warning I'm giving.

For the rest of you, there is a guy over on SM who's putting down around 800HP at the wheels on an engine built to STOCK specs and using all NEW OEM parts... Except of course for the EMS, injectors, clutch and turbo (all of which ran more then the quote claimed here... naturally).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 04-22-2010 at 04:06 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #13
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Agreed, sounds full of it. The engine management you'll need to get this power out of a Supra will run you over $600 (and that's the bargain bin equipment)... add another $600+ for injectors large enough and you're already at half your budget.

And there are better than Cometic. Cometic makes a nice gasket and it's VERY forgiving if you can't get the head and block machined clean, smooth and flat enough for a real monster like the HKS Stopper.

You remind me a LOT of another fellow who USED to be on here... start giving crap advice and you'll follow suite. Keep it cool when you get challenged on here and stop laying it on so thick. That's the only warning I'm giving.

im not giving crap advice actually i didnt give any advise at all so please dont insult me or my knowledge i do this for a living i know what im talking about and i may not have built a 7m before but the basics are the same between all engines also i wasnt getting angry or anything like that it may have seemed that way through the wonders of text but i wasnt and im sorry that it seemed like i was and i already priced out my injectors and they were alot cheaper than 600 for new 1400cc i was quoted 275 and thats if i dont like the injectors that come with the kit they are said to be 1400cc but idk how accurate their ratings are being that the kit is so cheap and last i was thinking of running the "juicebox" setup which i could find used for close to nothing if the piggyback system wont do enough but im sure it would except for timing

ps the evo made 850 on our mustang brand awd dyno its actually the lowest reading dyno in fl. it has a correction factor of 16% compared to a dynojet so to get into it the evo makes 986whp according to most dynos ... therefore i really dont get why 900hp is so unbelievable do these engine just run extremely inefficient or something? we build 500-700 hp subarus and 240s all day long there all 4 cyl so my straight 6 should make 900 easily maybe even running meth or water injection if necessary
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

A few things... I have no idea where you're getting quoted $275 for 6 1400cc injectors but I'd be very worried about running them in my lawnmower... Venoms (which are absolute crap) cost twice that wholesale.

Juicebox? The only juicebox EMS I know of is a BMW exclusive system... do you mean megasquirt?

Don't get on me for questioning you, you're the one who couldn't find the check engine light.

I'm very proud of your evo... keep in mind it's also not a 22 year old car and probably made more power from the factory than a well modded 7M-GE ever could.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 04-22-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #15
87mk111
3" Exhaust

87mk111 is on a distinguished road

I think that you should talk to Nate, he has one of the most powerful 7m powered supra's on this site.

87 N/A 5spd BHG, soon to be gte with r154
87mk111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottlesrqsupra View Post
i really dont get why 900hp is so unbelievable do these engine just run extremely inefficient or something?
22 years old, nowhere near as robust as the JZ series, I've yet to see one that didn't need a complete rebuild (unless it just had one), cast internals, air flow isn't horrible, but not great, expensive parts, oiling issues.

Enough? I've got more.

EDIT: Sorry, 24 years old.

EDIT 2:
I wasn't being crass when asking about the "Juice Box" you mentioned... do you mean MegaSquirt or is something else using the JB name out there? The BMW one isn't even a full EMS, just a piggyback.

Also, I'm not saying that 900RWHP isn't doable, it is, but not for the price ticket you've got in mind... not by a long shot. You'll spend that much replacing the stock components if you actually want to see this build last.

Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 04-22-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #17
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
A few things... I have no idea where you're getting quoted $275 for 6 1400cc injectors but I'd be very worried about running them in my lawnmower... Venoms (which are absolute crap) cost twice that wholesale.

Juicebox? The only juicebox EMS I know of is a BMW exclusive system... do you mean megasquirt?

Don't get on me for questioning you, you're the one who couldn't find the check engine light.

I'm very proud of your evo... keep in mind it's also not a 22 year old car and made more power the a well modded 7M-GE ever could.

yes i meant megasquirt idk why i was thinking juicebox and i dont mean to get on your case for questioning me and i only couldnt find the check engine light because it had been rubbed to black and i did end up finding it behind a gauge that the previous owner had installed for some reason and the injectors were modded stocks another shop locally owned by adrien (idk if anyone is local on here) builds them it just consists of redrilling the screen (this is where most of the cost is) or maybe just removing it we'll have to test it to find its cc then replacing the springs and altering the circuits a little he hasnt built a set of these before but he builds injectors all the time so yes you are 100% correct to actually buy the injectors i would spend alot more i should have clarified that i would not be just ordering a brand name injector and if it comes to it then i will and ill go over my target budget its not my actual budget just a goal from research and pricing ive been doing for the past 2 days after i bought the car maybe im way off idk but those are all the actual prices (rounded obviously) to the parts i was looking at purchasing and if they dont make my target 900hp then close to nothing will being that any turbo bigger will take all year to spool and i would be running enough psi and volume to make 1000hp or more in most engines, we have a customer with a skyline r33 that comes in all the time making 780 whp at 25psi with a 77mm turbo and hes runnind the rb60 which is also a 3.0 so idk maybe im just basing my numbers off of other engines too much and the 7ms dont flow right or something but IMO i should be able to make my target 900whp with the parts im purchasing

also a little off topic but i noticed in your sig it says your running 10psi on a 7mge and i was just wondering if you tapped the block or something for piston squirters (the guy earlier said the ge doesnt have them) and do you have any hp #s on that maybe im just not being realistic enough... it just seemed to work out on paper and in my head mathematically

Last edited by turbonicsperformance; 04-22-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #18
Peter M
Stock

Peter M is on a distinguished road

Well, just to post.

Orginally when i got my 89 toyota supra.
i got it in good working order, and i had a bit over 2.5 grand.

My brother had a freind that would make it basically as close as i could get to a 10-12 second car.

now i dont know how true that is, i never got into that much because i was rearended from a drunk driver on new years and the insurence didnt cover all of it, so i lost basically all my money

but 900hp is alot, and idk if you can do it.

but for 3 grand and a good working supra you can make it very very fast
Peter M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

i must ask what do you do with your hp overdoses
do you race, drift??
Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #20
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
i must ask what do you do with your hp overdoses
do you race, drift??
i plan on having 3 saved tunes one for drag one for drift and one for dd all on different fuels and all making way different power i wanted to push the 900 for 1/4 mile drag and make no more than 550 for drift and about 400 for dd just so i get atleast 9-11 mpg

also i paid 575 for my car it was an awesome find all it needed was a fuse re-wired and a coil already had a 3 inch exhaust its going though it was built with crush-bends cat-delete electric fan and a filter then i put an old aem intake i had on it and took his ebay swirly turbo out and drove it this weekend im doing plugs, wires, cap and rotor, shift bushings, and driver window switch then next weekend is try to find a dash mine is cracked horribly and a center console top also install my radio