Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #11
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
i dont really agree with the attitude here. im not going to get into an argument here, but comments like this dont belong here i believe.
Tell you why, they still make Cameros unlike Supras. There are no more being made, why i saw a 3 year old Mustang for 11.5 k. If the kids kill all of the Supras, there will be no need for a forum. Second this forum is all about speed and drifting. Not about restoring the cars to proper operation. Down to the interior now. He is looking fine, will post some pictures soon.
I do not race due to a medical condition from being wounded in Iraq. However there is more than life with my daily a Honda civic. Do you understand where I am coming from?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #12
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

rofl.. some people need chill pills.

Firstly.. as a poster (a couple above me mentioned).. my car will be my son's as well, but not until I die..

He is waiting patiently.

Secondly.. I have the occasionaly street race.. and do the occasional burn out. Ragging on a guy who makes a "comment" about doing a burn out is beyond insane.. lol. If you dont do the odd thing wrong in your life.. your pretty boring.

There's a difference between driving fast and driving stupid. Those who remark about "bad choices" probably dont know the difference. As I said.. 48 years old.. have done lots of "stupid" things in a car.. and because I had.. I managed to save 6 people in my car when someone did a "stupid" thing. Never hurt a person with my vehicle.. probably never will. But I will enjoy it how I see fit.

'nuff said.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
Tell you why, they still make Cameros unlike Supras. There are no more being made, why i saw a 3 year old Mustang for 11.5 k. If the kids kill all of the Supras, there will be no need for a forum. Second this forum is all about speed and drifting. Not about restoring the cars to proper operation. Down to the interior now. He is looking fine, will post some pictures soon.
I do not race due to a medical condition from being wounded in Iraq. However there is more than life with my daily a Honda civic. Do you understand where I am coming from?
regardless of whether or not they still make camaros or not vs supras, bottom line, cars come and go.

they dont make 67-69 camaros anymore, what about that? and frankly, there are plenty of discussions on this forum due to reconditioning and restoration of the supra. yes there are alot of hp and drivetrain threads, but thats to be expected.

how about a model T? they dont make those anymore, havent for about 80 YEARS. guess what, theres a crap ton of forums for them. and alot of the guys take them and turn them into rat rods, that they could have restored to original.

and mostly, no i dont understand where your coming from. ive seen more than one thread where you have made some pretty stretched assumptions and rash accusations. coming down on someone repeatedly for choosing to race in their supra is wrong. IT IS A SPORTS CAR. meant to be driven.

ive already stated that i dont agree with street racing completely either, but your skewing a fine line here.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
Ranma
12psi boost

Quote:
regardless of whether or not they still make camaros or not vs supras, bottom line, cars come and go.

they dont make 67-69 camaros anymore, what about that? and frankly, there are plenty of discussions on this forum due to reconditioning and restoration of the supra. yes there are alot of hp and drivetrain threads, but thats to be expected.

how about a model T? they dont make those anymore, havent for about 80 YEARS. guess what, theres a crap ton of forums for them. and alot of the guys take them and turn them into rat rods, that they could have restored to original.

and mostly, no i dont understand where your coming from. ive seen more than one thread where you have made some pretty stretched assumptions and rash accusations. coming down on someone repeatedly for choosing to race in their supra is wrong. IT IS A SPORTS CAR. meant to be driven.

ive already stated that i dont agree with street racing completely either, but your skewing a fine line here.
Driven is not wrecked, have you tried to find a first generation heartbreak of America? I am having a very hard time finding parts for my guy and it is only going to get worse. The difference between you and me is you live in the present without thinking of the future, while my mind is on the future.
You know kiddo, I have seen my "assumptions" in the past and will again in the future.
Well my soap box is doing things right, not destroying the very material of this blog, Toyota Supras and no street or parking lot racing.
Think our trouble communication is one from being in different generations.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
Grandavi
walbro fp

Whats a first genereation heartbreak of America?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
Ranma
12psi boost

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandavi View Post
Whats a first genereation heartbreak of America?
It is a first generation Camero or Firebird. They really had a lot of problems. The engineering and quality control needed a bit of help.
From Chevy ad "The heartbeat of America", my last three GM or government motors cars sucked. My friends 04 Sun Chicken had its clear coat peeling within 2 years. "Sorry, it is not covered by warranty" Thus it is "The heart break of America"
Anyhow it is another reason to use American hot rods to drift, race, etc.
Compare the engineering that went into our Supras to a GM? Do you get the picture?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
Grandavi
walbro fp

Ah, I knew it sounded familiar, but I ignore American built cars so much that I couldn't recall where I heard it.. lol. It was bugging me.

I love the looks of the Camaro and Firebird, but having driven a 78 Z28 and a 81 T/A, I steer away from them. Would love to get a 57-69 muscle car, but unfortunately the initial costs steer me away. I had to choose between going with a Corvette or a MKIII (MKIV is too european looking for my tastes) and I am glad I chose the MKIII. I dont drive it much (maybe 1000-2000 km per year), but I can stand and look at it. Thats all it takes.. lol.

Definitely different engineering though considering that a 70's Cutlass would roll if you took a high speed corner wrong.. at least the Japanese were a little more forgiving for mistakes on the roadway.

Im a MKIII guy. The cost to fix doesnt bother me and never really will because I have owned new, old, foreign and domestic. I think in the "get-what-you-pay-for" area.. Supra pretty well has it covered.

Too many people doing hack jobs though, which is why I can pick em up really cheap when I get the itch.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

so far, i have seen two threads about ppl wrecking their supras on here. one was due to a tire blowout on the freeway, the other was a faulty wheel bearing. neither of them was due to racing or intentional abuse.

and yes, i have tried, found and once owned a 67 camaro. it was almost completely shot. i replaced the floorpans, trunk, cowl and blasted the body down. then the project became too much for a final year HS student, so i had to sell it.

maybe where you are, you cannot find parts (im still curious of which parts you are trying to find as well, some rare OEM stuff??) cuz around here, i have no trouble finding mk3 parts for little to no cost. i picked up an 88 turbo 3 months ago for peanuts (i.e.-i went and hauled it off for him.) got the parts i needed of it and sold the rest of it to a mk3 enthusiast here.

i just dont understand what you could have so much trouble finding, considering it can all be bought here from either a parts chain or dealer or online. i have called about several trim pieces for various years of supras and had no trouble locating them for my freind in orofino.

from what youve said, u feel like noone under 25 should be allowed to own a mk3 supra. they should all be saved, locked away for your generation (more importantly, you)

and kiddo? is everyone on this board who doesnt agree with you a child? we may be from different generations, but i can see i have a better attitude and outlook for things. and i do look to the future, as well as learn from the past. you seem to be stuck in the past.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
and on this note, i appreciate your service, but there are several vets that are racing, with ONE LIMB. several british soldiers with limbs missing are competing in the dakar rally. where there is a will, theres a way. if you wanted to and tried, you could do it.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Ranma
12psi boost

Quote:
[so far, i have seen two threads about ppl wrecking their supras on here. one was due to a tire blowout on the freeway, the other was a faulty wheel bearing. neither of them was due to racing or intentional abuse.
Not on this board but there is a lot of stuff out there on the internet.

Quote:
and yes, i have tried, found and once owned a 67 camaro. it was almost completely shot. i replaced the floorpans, trunk, cowl and blasted the body down. then the project became too much for a final year HS student, so i had to sell it.
I had a 69 Camaro convertible and it was too expensive for me to restore. This was in 76 so he was not too old. However it was rusted out, the systems were junk, etc. He did run ok but when I was at Army training, my dad junked it because he would not start.

Quote:
maybe where you are, you cannot find parts (im still curious of which parts you are trying to find as well, some rare OEM stuff??) cuz around here, i have no trouble finding mk3 parts for little to no cost. i picked up an 88 turbo 3 months ago for peanuts (i.e.-i went and hauled it off for him.) got the parts i needed of it and sold the rest of it to a mk3 enthusiast here.
Well I need make pretty parts, am missing the front grill, trim pieces, though he paint them and they look great. Need interior parts, a new dash, etc. Being 25 years old means another cars dash boards are trash too.

Quote:
i just dont understand what you could have so much trouble finding, considering it can all be bought here from either a parts chain or dealer or online. i have called about several trim pieces for various years of supras and had no trouble locating them for my freind in orofino.
from what youve said, u feel like noone under 25 should be allowed to own a mk3 supra. they should all be saved, locked away for your generation (more importantly, you)
Well, as long as they do not wreck them. My friend in college had a 57 Chevy Bel Air. Was driving with him and all of a sudden he was running over all of the side markers on the road and started to sideswipe telephone poles. He stalled and I made it out the window to safety. I ran out into the Arizona desert. Well he left and I started to walk toward Douglas Arizona. So torn clothes from the escape and cuts from glass went limping down the road until given a ride to hospital. Hey I was alright just looked bad. Anyhow genius tried to take out a pole directly. The result was telephone pole 7, punk 0. Anyhow I have no trouble with younger drivers having as long as they do not do the STUPID.

Quote:
and kiddo? is everyone on this board who doesnt agree with you a child?
Means I am being "playful", you can call me a kid anytime you like. I do not feel my age or act like it. Age to a big extent is a state of mind.

Last edited by Ranma; 10-17-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Ranma is offline   Reply With Quote