View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

so far, i have seen two threads about ppl wrecking their supras on here. one was due to a tire blowout on the freeway, the other was a faulty wheel bearing. neither of them was due to racing or intentional abuse.

and yes, i have tried, found and once owned a 67 camaro. it was almost completely shot. i replaced the floorpans, trunk, cowl and blasted the body down. then the project became too much for a final year HS student, so i had to sell it.

maybe where you are, you cannot find parts (im still curious of which parts you are trying to find as well, some rare OEM stuff??) cuz around here, i have no trouble finding mk3 parts for little to no cost. i picked up an 88 turbo 3 months ago for peanuts (i.e.-i went and hauled it off for him.) got the parts i needed of it and sold the rest of it to a mk3 enthusiast here.

i just dont understand what you could have so much trouble finding, considering it can all be bought here from either a parts chain or dealer or online. i have called about several trim pieces for various years of supras and had no trouble locating them for my freind in orofino.

from what youve said, u feel like noone under 25 should be allowed to own a mk3 supra. they should all be saved, locked away for your generation (more importantly, you)

and kiddo? is everyone on this board who doesnt agree with you a child? we may be from different generations, but i can see i have a better attitude and outlook for things. and i do look to the future, as well as learn from the past. you seem to be stuck in the past.