View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Ah, I knew it sounded familiar, but I ignore American built cars so much that I couldn't recall where I heard it.. lol. It was bugging me.

I love the looks of the Camaro and Firebird, but having driven a 78 Z28 and a 81 T/A, I steer away from them. Would love to get a 57-69 muscle car, but unfortunately the initial costs steer me away. I had to choose between going with a Corvette or a MKIII (MKIV is too european looking for my tastes) and I am glad I chose the MKIII. I dont drive it much (maybe 1000-2000 km per year), but I can stand and look at it. Thats all it takes.. lol.

Definitely different engineering though considering that a 70's Cutlass would roll if you took a high speed corner wrong.. at least the Japanese were a little more forgiving for mistakes on the roadway.

Im a MKIII guy. The cost to fix doesnt bother me and never really will because I have owned new, old, foreign and domestic. I think in the "get-what-you-pay-for" area.. Supra pretty well has it covered.

Too many people doing hack jobs though, which is why I can pick em up really cheap when I get the itch.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote