View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
[so far, i have seen two threads about ppl wrecking their supras on here. one was due to a tire blowout on the freeway, the other was a faulty wheel bearing. neither of them was due to racing or intentional abuse.
Not on this board but there is a lot of stuff out there on the internet.

Quote:
and yes, i have tried, found and once owned a 67 camaro. it was almost completely shot. i replaced the floorpans, trunk, cowl and blasted the body down. then the project became too much for a final year HS student, so i had to sell it.
I had a 69 Camaro convertible and it was too expensive for me to restore. This was in 76 so he was not too old. However it was rusted out, the systems were junk, etc. He did run ok but when I was at Army training, my dad junked it because he would not start.

Quote:
maybe where you are, you cannot find parts (im still curious of which parts you are trying to find as well, some rare OEM stuff??) cuz around here, i have no trouble finding mk3 parts for little to no cost. i picked up an 88 turbo 3 months ago for peanuts (i.e.-i went and hauled it off for him.) got the parts i needed of it and sold the rest of it to a mk3 enthusiast here.
Well I need make pretty parts, am missing the front grill, trim pieces, though he paint them and they look great. Need interior parts, a new dash, etc. Being 25 years old means another cars dash boards are trash too.

Quote:
i just dont understand what you could have so much trouble finding, considering it can all be bought here from either a parts chain or dealer or online. i have called about several trim pieces for various years of supras and had no trouble locating them for my freind in orofino.
from what youve said, u feel like noone under 25 should be allowed to own a mk3 supra. they should all be saved, locked away for your generation (more importantly, you)
Well, as long as they do not wreck them. My friend in college had a 57 Chevy Bel Air. Was driving with him and all of a sudden he was running over all of the side markers on the road and started to sideswipe telephone poles. He stalled and I made it out the window to safety. I ran out into the Arizona desert. Well he left and I started to walk toward Douglas Arizona. So torn clothes from the escape and cuts from glass went limping down the road until given a ride to hospital. Hey I was alright just looked bad. Anyhow genius tried to take out a pole directly. The result was telephone pole 7, punk 0. Anyhow I have no trouble with younger drivers having as long as they do not do the STUPID.

Quote:
and kiddo? is everyone on this board who doesnt agree with you a child?
Means I am being "playful", you can call me a kid anytime you like. I do not feel my age or act like it. Age to a big extent is a state of mind.

Last edited by Ranma; 10-17-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Ranma is offline   Reply With Quote