Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 12-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #21
suprafann
3" Exhaust

suprafann is on a distinguished road

i think one pof the pics had his rear license, he gave me the vin and it checked otu clean, guanteeed by carfax
suprafann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #22
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafann
i think one pof the pics had his rear license, he gave me the vin and it checked otu clean, guanteeed by carfax
Ok now ask him if it would be ok if you met him to pick up the car.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #23
suprafann
3" Exhaust

ya that was agreed upon right away, he said he wants payment in cash, or chque but i have to wait till it clears, but i cant because i cant waste a whole week downt heir waiting for it to clear.

Plans are to fly down their, buy the car and drive it back. He owns a dealership and states that he is bonded etc., and i just setup an inspection with SGS, he actually said get one done ASAP because after x-mas hes going to be opening up offers to others

Ive been talking to him for about 2 weeks now, he seems, he was sking 17,500, he said he can ive me soem what of a deal because im flying down their etc. He than told me straight up that the lowest he will go is 16,000, and i agreed because that was gonna be my offer.

I dont know but he seems legit, willing to take cash/cheque i person, ive talekd to him numerous times on the phone. It took him a week to get morep ictures because he was sick, most scam artiists would try to get them ASAP to get your moeny quikc, but ya.

As long as the SGS inspection goes well, ill have a new supra the fist week of january
Old 12-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #24
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

Quote:
ya that was agreed upon right away, he said he wants payment in cash, or chque but i have to wait till it clears, but i cant because i cant waste a whole week downt heir waiting for it to clear.

Plans are to fly down their, buy the car and drive it back. He owns a dealership and states that he is bonded etc., and i just setup an inspection with SGS, he actually said get one done ASAP because after x-mas hes going to be opening up offers to others

Ive been talking to him for about 2 weeks now, he seems, he was sking 17,500, he said he can ive me soem what of a deal because im flying down their etc. He than told me straight up that the lowest he will go is 16,000, and i agreed because that was gonna be my offer.

I dont know but he seems legit, willing to take cash/cheque i person, ive talekd to him numerous times on the phone. It took him a week to get morep ictures because he was sick, most scam artiists would try to get them ASAP to get your moeny quikc, but ya.

As long as the SGS inspection goes well, ill have a new supra the fist week of january
Yea so far from the pics you have given me and the info you have said about him it seems he is legit. Also make sure he gives you his address and business name and phone number. Make sure you call the business and check if he really owns it. Also check and make sure when the check clears you follow up asap on the retrieval of the vehicle. Also when you retrieve that car you MUST go to the DMV and get the title of ownership changed to your name. Or else technically he can claim the car was stolen and then get the car back. I have heard this has happened too.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #25
suprafann
3" Exhaust

ya he seems legit, the only thing i worry about NOW is that it might have been rebuilt privately.

I took his exact address, and posted it in yahoo.com, it came up with a repair/collision shop. So asked him if he owns a repair shop. He said no his dealership was called xxxxxxx, and that the repair shop is his parnters, the owner is his friends.

Now thats fine, he owns a dealership and his parnter which he told me about a long time ago owns a collision shop. This makes me think that the car might have been in a car accident and their collision shop jsut fixed it.

The carfax report came back clean, carfax buy back guarantee good.

let me know what you think, and what steps i might be able to do to check if its been repaired.

PS: I already sent an inspection through SGS, so maybe they will find sumthin, but i dont think check to see if the body is straight etc
Old 12-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #26
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

Quote:
ya he seems legit, the only thing i worry about NOW is that it might have been rebuilt privately.

I took his exact address, and posted it in yahoo.com, it came up with a repair/collision shop. So asked him if he owns a repair shop. He said no his dealership was called xxxxxxx, and that the repair shop is his parnters, the owner is his friends.

Now thats fine, he owns a dealership and his parnter which he told me about a long time ago owns a collision shop. This makes me think that the car might have been in a car accident and their collision shop jsut fixed it.

The carfax report came back clean, carfax buy back guarantee good.

let me know what you think, and what steps i might be able to do to check if its been repaired.

PS: I already sent an inspection through SGS, so maybe they will find sumthin, but i dont think check to see if the body is straight etc
Yes this is easy. As far as body work goes knock the body and listen for any bondo. Also when any car gets repainted there is always some overspray, paint clumps, or different shades. Look for all these very carefully. Look under the running boards, the front and rear bumpers even the wheel wells.

Now motor wise look in the engine bay for any signs of engine removal or installation meaning look for any dings or scratches in the engine bay that would be caused by a motor. Also look at the frame to be sure that there is no frame damage. If there is then it has obviously been in an accident.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:32 AM   #27
suprafann
3" Exhaust

if say a lot of work was done at toyota, would that work be on a carfax report?

he said he has a lot the receipts from toyota but car fax olny reports 1 lube/filter changew
Old 12-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #28
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

Quote:
if say a lot of work was done at toyota, would that work be on a carfax report?

he said he has a lot the receipts from toyota but car fax olny reports 1 lube/filter changew
I guess it would depend on how explicit carfax is. Now as long as he has the receipts from toyota and it says on the receipt the same make and model the car is and the part numbers and everything match up then I would render it legit.