View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #26
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafann
ya he seems legit, the only thing i worry about NOW is that it might have been rebuilt privately.

I took his exact address, and posted it in yahoo.com, it came up with a repair/collision shop. So asked him if he owns a repair shop. He said no his dealership was called xxxxxxx, and that the repair shop is his parnters, the owner is his friends.

Now thats fine, he owns a dealership and his parnter which he told me about a long time ago owns a collision shop. This makes me think that the car might have been in a car accident and their collision shop jsut fixed it.

The carfax report came back clean, carfax buy back guarantee good.

let me know what you think, and what steps i might be able to do to check if its been repaired.

PS: I already sent an inspection through SGS, so maybe they will find sumthin, but i dont think check to see if the body is straight etc
Yes this is easy. As far as body work goes knock the body and listen for any bondo. Also when any car gets repainted there is always some overspray, paint clumps, or different shades. Look for all these very carefully. Look under the running boards, the front and rear bumpers even the wheel wells.

Now motor wise look in the engine bay for any signs of engine removal or installation meaning look for any dings or scratches in the engine bay that would be caused by a motor. Also look at the frame to be sure that there is no frame damage. If there is then it has obviously been in an accident.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote