Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > The Future of the Toyota Supra

Old 07-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #101
mazola790
Stock

mazola790 is on a distinguished road

isphius do you have any links to your monte? I love the 85ish style. would like a national or a monte ss myself someday.

As for a v-8 (tt) or turbo. How many production cars out there do you see with anything bigger then a v-6 turbo. the answer is very few and theres many reasons. price, development, design..etc. The only cars i can think off of hand are super cars. (or in some casses other people modifiying cars, ie rousch).

I'm pretty sure it will have a 8 and thats it. will they come out with another engine perhaps but i doubt it will have any turbo's. Ya i would love to see it also but i've learned a lot about how companys actually produce cars lately and they seem to keep things as pratical as they can. look for this and the lexus to have the same chasis and very similar engines. Its just to sad that they dont even have a spoiler on this supra!
mazola790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:43 AM   #102
Toyotafanatic
3" Exhaust

Toyotafanatic is on a distinguished road

The Su[ra looks pretty close to a Infinity G35
Old 07-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #103
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazola790
isphius do you have any links to your monte? I love the 85ish style. would like a national or a monte ss myself someday.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/685690

Quote:
As for a v-8 (tt) or turbo. How many production cars out there do you see with anything bigger then a v-6 turbo. the answer is very few and theres many reasons. price, development, design..etc. The only cars i can think off of hand are super cars. (or in some casses other people modifiying cars, ie rousch).
Chevy/ford/Dodge diesels. 6.6-8 liter v8s, All turbo. lol. This is just a joke. But one that i do know of...Vector, in the 80s, Made a car with a twin turbo cadillac or oldsmobile( i think)v8 and front wheel drive trans/axles/suspension, In a mid engine car. It was also made out of aluminum and balsa wood and glue, Very clever design. Very ugly car thou, So boo at them.

Last edited by Isphius; 07-29-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #104
mazola790
Stock

isphius, i keep my statement. bigger then v-6,v-8 t or tt CARS. very few production cars out there with it. Of course theres turbo diseals out there. that helps with the torque. :-p

Also if anyone knows of a 67-68 mustang fastback for sale please email me at mazola790@yahoo.com I'm kind of looking for a cheap one to (more of a project but open for anything atm) hopefully redo and have as a graduation present.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:54 AM   #105
SulphurDave
Stock

SulphurDave is on a distinguished road

I'll be having a decision to make as well in a couple years on what car to buy. That's why I registered to find out info as it comes available. These are some of the cars I'm interested in...

SulphurDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:02 AM   #106
mazola790
Stock

well for all the people out there if you already have your daily driver i'd suggest getting a older car that you like they just hold there value much better. threw every years everyone wants a new car but to be practical its hard to keep getting ones you like unless you have a really nice job.

The camaro n challenger im thinking about myself i like the challengers being i got a 70. Also i do like the new fords i wouldnt mind have a 68 n a new one almost identical. At first i loved the new evo design i still like it better then the old ones n think its one of the better looking 4 doors along with the 300.

The corvettes always nice, i saw a new one with a full bodykit for the first time and i gotta say i was impressed. I heard theyre making a all carbon body corvette called blue devil or something im wondering how much that might cost.

A viper needs to be restyled, sorry its looking kinda like a sky now with just a bigger body n engine.

That mazdas the ugliest car i think i've ever seen a picture of. Bring back a rx-7 already the 8's okay but all say it once and again you cant have great performance with a sedanish car, the rx-7 was so great bcuz of the design the size and the engine, the new ones just about marketing the rotary engine. its not a bad car but theres others i'd rather have, its sad when i want a rx-7 with a fortune side bodykit more then a new one. for a new car to sell well you have to WANT that one over the previous model. or atleast i think so.

The skylines tight, awd, but i saw some spyshots and it looks more like a infinity luxary car then a sports car, thats my opinion n yes its still a nice car, just might be a diff kind of skyline then most of us are use to. The acura tl is nice but im waiting for the new nsx, should be a beast of a car, new engine n design.

Have you seen the new lotus thats a pretty nice design, not the elise but another mid engine coupe. Also i heard porshe is switching the carrera gt to more of a sports car, good choice being theres some production cars that go 0-60 in under 3 secs.

For subaru i like the design but its not that much better looking then the old sti's. the headlights are kinda weird looking i think. still a nice awd car.

I think dodge will be getting a increase in sales n i think gm will also with there new designs, but toyota has cheaper production so who knows what might happen later down the road.

Anyone know if chrysler ever is producing the firepower? i liked that car but it might be overpriced. only american car thats got me wanting to see it on the road. the new ford gt is tight but i think too overpriced. I remember the good old days when seeing a viper was a gloryish site. now days i rarely have seen any 70k+ cars on the roads, well i guess downtown theres a bit :-).

all in all theres more options today and im sure theres a price range car out there and performance wise for anyone!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #107
SulphurDave
Stock

Well my past income has only allowed me to choose a car under 25k so just recently I bought a 2006 RSX Type-S which I have been wanting for a long time. I'm pretty proud of it and all but I just started a whole new career working offshore and not to boast but in a couple years my salary will be approaching the 6 figure mark. It's a blessing to be able to make that much so my gears have been changing more toward a new nicer house and save up to buy a really nice really fast car. I've been dreaming of fast cars since I was a kid playing with hot wheel cars. Now I'm not talking about a Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT or anything like that but maybe something sub 100k.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #108
james3189w
Stock

james3189w is on a distinguished road

It would have been nice if they kept the inline 6 instead of putting a v6 or v8 in it.
james3189w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #109
SulphurDave
Stock

I don't care how it produces its horsepower as long as it's fast. Although I do love the sound of turbo spooling up.

Last edited by SulphurDave; 07-31-2006 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #110
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
isphius, i keep my statement. bigger then v-6,v-8 t or tt CARS. very few production cars out there with it. Of course theres turbo diseals out there. that helps with the torque. :-p

Also if anyone knows of a 67-68 mustang fastback for sale please email me at mazola790@yahoo.com I'm kind of looking for a cheap one to (more of a project but open for anything atm) hopefully redo and have as a graduation present.
Yes, I wasnt disagreeing, just saying i know of 1. That would be cool tho, Turbo v8. mmm. That is a good idea tho, noone else having that.