Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 01-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
suprafann
3" Exhaust

suprafann is on a distinguished road
Default Finally got ONE

Picked up my 93 supra TT auto on wednesday, and finally got home today (drove it back home)

car had 178,400 miles on the body, 80,000 on engine and 30 on tranny.

I was skeptical about it, finally saw it and the paint was great, car drove/stopped/turned/handled great.

Couldnt find a problem with it..did a checklist of it (from i-supra), and everything checked out...drive it 2300 miles home and didnt have a problem. Idles fine, boost fine....amazzed by the stock power, never though it would be that quick.

JUST a couple of issues....:

The driver power seat only works when you want to move the actual seat up and back(laying flat back or straight up). The power optino to move it back and foward (closer or away from gas pedals) does not...What could be the problem?

Also Im not sure if its supposed to be liek this but i doubt it, the LIGHTS in the switches that control the heat (for example on your legs/head..etc) do not light up....only the LED that tells you its on does......how woudl i fix that and what could be causing that.

Third.....cruise control....it worked fine for a while, than we hit a rocky highway and the cruise started to flash, after that it does set anymore. CRUISE still lights up, but you cannot pick a speed, i donno what happend...

LAST, the turbos seem to boost fine, the cars pulls crazy, and the turbos dont die at all.....The sellers bro (the mechanic), told me that the lady who owned the car previous never beat on it etc. So what happened was the second turbo actuator froze. So what he did was Make both TURBOS activiate at teh same time, istead of having one kick, and than anotehr kick at hiher rpm. Is that fine? or am i losign power?

The seller and his mechaniv were great, they had about 5 supras in their garage, including a Quicksilver ahrdtop that was auto/non turbo and they swapped it to a 6 speed/ twin turbo. They gave all toyota paperwork about the cars history as in oil changes,timing belt, power steerign and a whoel lot more.......from going through them the lady seemed to take care of her car,, with oilc hanges every 2-3 ,months.

NE WHO its ncie to be a supra owner
suprafann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road

The heater buttons have LEDs in them. Mine go off on some buttons, then next time they might be on. I have seen these and several other cars heater control assy's out of the car. It looked like an impossible task to fix, so I just leave mine alone. After awhile you'll get used to where the button is that you'll want to press.
If you do ever pull it out and fix it, be sure and take notes to make a nice writeup for us.

The seat problem may be the switch. You'll have to trouble shoot it all out. There is a motor under the seat that moves it front/back, hopefully its not that.

I believe the TSRM for your car has a whole section for cruise control diagnosing, like the MK3.

Last edited by mrnickleye; 01-14-2006 at 06:18 AM.
mrnickleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
suprafann
3" Exhaust

also is their a stock BOV on the car, cant hear one....jus curious

and how hard is it to install one? or is it better to wait till i ifugre out what im gonna do with the turbos.....single/upgrade twins/etc
Old 01-14-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Well congratulations!
Let’s see some pictures of it.
I bought two Supras so I know how exciting it is to have a new ride like that.
Both times I arrived home at night after the purchase and went cruising through town with my friends.

As far as the BOV, I am pretty sure that you car has one.
I actually did not hear my BOV all that much at all, but never doubted I had one.

Good luck and get some pictures up!
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafann
...LAST, the turbos seem to boost fine, the cars pulls crazy, and the turbos dont die at all.....The sellers bro (the mechanic), told me that the lady who owned the car previous never beat on it etc. So what happened was the second turbo actuator froze. So what he did was Make both TURBOS activiate at teh same time, istead of having one kick, and than anotehr kick at hiher rpm. Is that fine? or am i losign power?...
Running TTC is a bit slower, but not a lot slower.
Quote:
also is their a stock BOV on the car, cant hear one....jus curious...
Yes.
Quote:
...and how hard is it to install one?...
About 1-2 hours if you buy a 100% complete kit, including the recirculation fitting(s) and hose(s).
Quote:
...or is it better to wait till i ifugre out what im gonna do with the turbos.....single/upgrade twins/etc
The oem bov has been known to leak boost on some higher mileage Supras. A good quality aftermarket bov is a good investment, and will also work for a small single turbo. Midsize and large single turbos require either a very large bov (like the HKS Type II Racing, GReddy Type-R or the Turbonetics 'Godzilla')...either that, or two regular-sized bov's (eg. HKS SS, Blitz DD or GReddy Type-S).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-15-2006 at 02:41 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
suprafann
3" Exhaust

i dont know how to make them smaller
Old 01-15-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
suprafann
3" Exhaust

oh on how to make pictures of my supra smaller so i can post them here
Old 01-15-2006, 02:49 AM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
oh on how to make pictures of my supra smaller so i can post them here
Most image editing programs will let you 'shrink' the resolution of a digital photo. I use an older one called Lview Pro, but there are dozens (probably hundreds) of shareware image editors available.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:18 AM   #9
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

I know you must have MS Paint (what comes with Windows).

Open a pic in MS Paint.
Click [CTRL W]
Enter what ever percent you want the pic to be.
Click [OK]

Easy as that.

EDIT: for below

PM sent.

Last edited by TONY!; 01-15-2006 at 04:26 AM.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:24 AM   #10
suprafann
3" Exhaust

how about one of u guys send me your email and ill send a couple through htier....i dotn have great pics jsut teh rear/front/side///its stock