Thread: Finally got ONE
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
suprafann
3" Exhaust

suprafann is on a distinguished road
Default Finally got ONE

Picked up my 93 supra TT auto on wednesday, and finally got home today (drove it back home)

car had 178,400 miles on the body, 80,000 on engine and 30 on tranny.

I was skeptical about it, finally saw it and the paint was great, car drove/stopped/turned/handled great.

Couldnt find a problem with it..did a checklist of it (from i-supra), and everything checked out...drive it 2300 miles home and didnt have a problem. Idles fine, boost fine....amazzed by the stock power, never though it would be that quick.

JUST a couple of issues....:

The driver power seat only works when you want to move the actual seat up and back(laying flat back or straight up). The power optino to move it back and foward (closer or away from gas pedals) does not...What could be the problem?

Also Im not sure if its supposed to be liek this but i doubt it, the LIGHTS in the switches that control the heat (for example on your legs/head..etc) do not light up....only the LED that tells you its on does......how woudl i fix that and what could be causing that.

Third.....cruise control....it worked fine for a while, than we hit a rocky highway and the cruise started to flash, after that it does set anymore. CRUISE still lights up, but you cannot pick a speed, i donno what happend...

LAST, the turbos seem to boost fine, the cars pulls crazy, and the turbos dont die at all.....The sellers bro (the mechanic), told me that the lady who owned the car previous never beat on it etc. So what happened was the second turbo actuator froze. So what he did was Make both TURBOS activiate at teh same time, istead of having one kick, and than anotehr kick at hiher rpm. Is that fine? or am i losign power?

The seller and his mechaniv were great, they had about 5 supras in their garage, including a Quicksilver ahrdtop that was auto/non turbo and they swapped it to a 6 speed/ twin turbo. They gave all toyota paperwork about the cars history as in oil changes,timing belt, power steerign and a whoel lot more.......from going through them the lady seemed to take care of her car,, with oilc hanges every 2-3 ,months.

NE WHO its ncie to be a supra owner
suprafann is offline   Reply With Quote