Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #151
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
Phoned toyota today they say the part nr you gave me for the terminal repair does not exist are you sure that is the right nr.
I bought a 1jzgte enjin for other conversion i want to start as soon as the supra is fixed,anyway i swop its coils with mine it still had the same miss i'm first going to get new connectors to see if it is not the connectors.
Have you ever heard of a supra having problems with its ecu or crank pick up just wondering.
That may be a Lexus part number - please check if your dealer can find it under Lexus.

Yes, the metal 'tooth' plate on the crankshaft can come loose, and/or the magnetic pick-up sensor (or its harness) can be faulty. The troubleshooting steps in the TSRM go through diagnosing and correcting any of these possible issues.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #152
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default Need help making power 94tt

So i swop my ecu,igniter and coils with other ones today and tried a new set of plugs[again] still the same miss.
It leaves me with crank pick up and injectors to test.
I see if i plug out my map sensor it revs a bit beter.
warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #153
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
So i swop my ecu,igniter and coils with other ones today and tried a new set of plugs[again] still the same miss.
It leaves me with crank pick up and injectors to test.
I see if i plug out my map sensor it revs a bit better.
Note: The toothed gear behind the crank pulley/dampener can get knocked off - it's only a press-fit.

Please keep us informed.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #154
warmkop

Took car back to the dyno my tuner say it is running lean he think there is something wrong with the fuel pump but will keep updated as soon as i know something.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #155
warmkop

Took the injectors in today to get tested only one was right.
Think it is maybe fake bosch inj.
will buy new ones soon
Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #156
warmkop

Bought new injectors car is 100% now.Did a breakfast run today drove her 300 km far no problems.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #157
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Bought new injectors car is 100% now.Did a breakfast run today drove her 300 km far no problems.
That's an unusual problem. Did the original injectors you purchased come with any sort of warranty?

Although hindsight is 20-20, would you agree that whenever possible, other forum members reading this should stick with proven-reliable sources for parts (ideally name-brand parts)? I know this is tough when you're on a budget, but (again in hindsight, and for example) bad injectors really could have ruined the engine... Also, please let me know if there's anything I'm missing in this analysis/recommendation/lessons-learned post.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #158
warmkop

No they had no warranty but yes wen it comes to parts stick to brand names and make sure they are not fakes,specially wen it comes to fuel and timing.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #159
warmkop

I have 1 or 2 problems on the car that must be fiks it drives fine at 0.9bar but at 1.5bar it feels like the wasgate is opening and closing going to look at that next.
I also had her at the 1/4mile boosting 0.9 why to much wheelspin had 225 semis on the back just to test her.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #160
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I have 1 or 2 problems on the car that must be fiks it drives fine at 0.9bar but at 1.5bar it feels like the wasgate is opening and closing going to look at that next.
I also had her at the 1/4mile boosting 0.9 why to much wheelspin had 225 semis on the back just to test her.
Please remind me - what kind of boost controller are you using? Also, what is the boost specification of the spring that's in your wastegate?

What's a "semis"? Is that the same as a "Drag Radial"? Also, why only 225 width (that seems pretty darn narrow).

315-width drag radials on 11.5" width rims are very popular here in the US for the strip. Also (of course MT drag slicks).
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...techspec_table
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...hp?item=ETDrag

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.