Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default need help making power 94tt

Hi im from south africa bought a 94tt supra not many here this side need help making power out of my dream car. bougt a godspeed branch t4 need to know what exhaust housing wil work dont whant to much lag so 4000rpm is fine.busy with atermarket ecu,extra feul pump at least 23 psi with racing feul any comments welcome
warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
Hi im from south africa bought a 94tt supra not many here this side need help making power out of my dream car. bougt a godspeed branch t4 need to know what exhaust housing wil work dont whant to much lag so 4000rpm is fine.busy with atermarket ecu,extra feul pump at least 23 psi with racing feul any comments welcome
Gosh...here's my advice (for now). Please slow down! One step at a time! Please do not get the fuel kit yet. Please do not invest in the aftermarket ecu yet. Let's come up with a plan that matches your horsepower level...if you want power at 4000 rpm, most likely the turbo will be small enough to work fine with the oem ecu. Also, any turbo with its max efficiency point at 23psi will be moderate sized at most. The Mkiv TT is an amazing, very upgradeable vehicle - and a lot of the stock parts are good to MUCH more than the oem rating. Ok?
Who is telling you to do all of these crazy things right now?
Where can I find specs on the "godspeed branch T4"?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
warmkop

Default need help making power 94tt

bought the branch on ebay. previouse owner fiddle with the twin turbo system and is giving me problems.whant to get the most power out of the enjin stock.already have the aftermarket management gotech pro x.not sure how much boost the stock motor can handle ive read it is alot.im not sure what size turbo to use a/r dont whant to buy to big and have to much lag dont want to use nos. will a ar86 twinscroll exhaust be to big.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
bought the branch on ebay. previouse owner fiddle with the twin turbo system and is giving me problems.whant to get the most power out of the enjin stock.already have the aftermarket management gotech pro x.not sure how much boost the stock motor can handle ive read it is alot.im not sure what size turbo to use a/r dont whant to buy to big and have to much lag dont want to use nos. will a ar86 twinscroll exhaust be to big.
The stock engine can take a LOT of boost, but only on race fuel (and/or alcohol injection). What is the octane of fuel you have available? Also, please provide the formula used to calculate the octane (RON, MON, R+M/2?, etc.)

Turbos aren't primarly rated in AR...they're rated in inducer size (eg. 58mm, 66mm, 71mm, 76mm, etc.). Please get me more info on the system(s) you're considering.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
warmkop

Default need help making power 94tt turbo sizes

il start of with afgas 100/115 LL it has 0.3 TEL dont know much more ,first will use stock injectors and see how much boost i can get. later stage want to use e85 ethanol.this sizes apparently is for 450-600 hp turbo that is all they say.Does the sizes look rite or not

Intake :4 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .70 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 66.71 /84.20
Turbine wheel diameter : 63.56 /73.60
Exhaust trim: 1.00ar
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
il start of with afgas 100/115 LL it has 0.3 TEL dont know much more ,first will use stock injectors and see how much boost i can get. later stage want to use e85 ethanol.this sizes apparently is for 450-600 hp turbo that is all they say.Does the sizes look rite or not

Intake :4 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .70 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 66.71 /84.20
Turbine wheel diameter : 63.56 /73.60
Exhaust trim: 1.00ar
1) You have what's usually referred to as a 67mm turbo. This is considered an approximate 700rwhp turbo through a 6spd.
2) This turbo will outflow the stock injectors, so running it without an upgraded fuel kit is dangerous. If for some reason your boost control fails, your air outflows your fuel, and melted pistons result (even with race fuel or aviation fuel). You need to get rid of the oem fuel system immediately. Your new fuel system should use at least 780cc (75#) injectors.
3) Boost is not determined by the fuel, it's determined by your turbo and your fuel controller. If you block off your wastegate (or modify the boost controller to achieve the equivalent) your turbo is capable of well over 35psi of sustained boost... However, don't run it that high! You must use your boost controller to ensure that you do not run more boost than the octane of your fuel can support.
4) Are you running an auto or a 6spd?
5) I believe that the exhaust a/r on this turbo is inappropriate for your application (too large). Ask your supplier if you can replace it for a smaller exhaust housing (eg. .80 a/r)
6) The compressor housing outlet is a bit small. See if you can get it replaced with a housing that has a 3" outlet.
7) Which intercooler are you planning to use?

Last edited by pwpanas; 04-10-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
warmkop

Default need help making power 94 tt

I have a 6spd. i havent bought a turbo yet so can still get any size.
Still have the stock cooler on it is difficult to get good brand names in SA and to import a new one is very expensive. the coolers this side does not have specs they just give size
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I have a 6spd. i havent bought a turbo yet so can still get any size.
Still have the stock cooler on it is difficult to get good brand names in SA and to import a new one is very expensive. the coolers this side does not have specs they just give size
Great. I hope you haven't got the fuel system yet either. Okay, my next two questions are:
1) What is your application? Roadrace? Daily driver? Autocross? Drag race? Drifting? Top speed? etc.
2) What is your horsepower goal? ...or what is your goal for your application (eg. specific lap time?).

Old 03-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
warmkop

Default Need help making power 94tt

No haven't bought the fuel system yet.
Drag racing and roadrace.
±500whp don't know what the 1/4 mile time will be.
Did compressure test all cylinders fine.
Standerd it made 272whp and 14.3 on 1/4 mile.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #10
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
No haven't bought the fuel system yet.
Drag racing and roadrace.
±500whp don't know what the 1/4 mile time will be.
Did compressure test all cylinders fine.
Standerd it made 272whp and 14.3 on 1/4 mile.
  • Drag + roadrace is a very tough combo...especially for the suspension. For example, the best dragrace setup is no front sway bar a stiff rear sway bar, and really mushy rear suspension. For roadrace, you want a stiff front sway bar, a relatively weak rear sway bar, and a good balance of spring rates front to rear. See what I mean?
  • 500whp through a 6spd is very doable with a relatively small turbo on the stock fuel system.
  • Precisely what were your compression test numbers? Please feel free to send them to me privately.