Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 AM   #11
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
ill be sure to snag some numbers for you in N/A and SC form when i can.
That'd be great, this forum needs some concrete numbers when it comes to what you can and can not accomplish with N/A tuning. And S/C, well, doubt anybody here does that so that info would be great to have to
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

mind you, wont be for at least a couple months lotta work left to do. and they prolly wont be amazing numbers cuz of the big tires, but we will see. be nice to be one of the first to get get some real numbers out of this, so everyone can see what can be done with these motors.

seen way too many questions and not enough doing. i feel confident i can get into the lower-mid 200s with the n/a. SC version, who knows. may top 300 depending on the pulley and tune
87hilux7mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
Supra Saiyan
3" Exhaust

Supra Saiyan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
mind you, wont be for at least a couple months lotta work left to do. and they prolly wont be amazing numbers cuz of the big tires, but we will see. be nice to be one of the first to get get some real numbers out of this, so everyone can see what can be done with these motors.

seen way too many questions and not enough doing. i feel confident i can get into the lower-mid 200s with the n/a. SC version, who knows. may top 300 depending on the pulley and tune
I have always dreamed of a SC Supra MKIII.. So rare and tasty.. Better than chocolate!! BETTER THAN SEXX... Haha.. "Stop looking at me swan!!"
Supra Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra Saiyan View Post
I have always dreamed of a SC Supra MKIII.. So rare and tasty.. Better than chocolate!! BETTER THAN SEXX... Haha.. "Stop looking at me swan!!"
ha, donno bout better. and unfortunately it wont be in a MKIII
87hilux7mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

What are you building the truck for, on road or off?
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

it was my daily driver, so it will continue that duty, but ill take it off road occasionally, and if the SC setup proves worthy, ill try it all the strip here, see what it can do while still being nice too it.

basically its an all around. i have two other cars, but i love driving my truck
Old 01-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #17
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

ok, sorry its been a bit since an update. im waiting on funds to come in for the rest of my parts, so ive taken that time to clean the engine bay and prep it for paint, and get some of the unnecessary wires, hoses, etc out of there, and change the batt cables to the other side (ill run a dual batt anyway, but this makes the alternator wiring easier for me)

other than that, im fabbing up my fuel pump mount on the tank, and getting my custom rear sump pan drawn up. ill try and get pics up soon, gonna snag a camera or get a new fone soon as i get the afor mentioned funds. so basically ull get to see all the new parts and process then.

cheers!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

Default pics n such

finally got some pics uploaded to my facebook account from my buddy and my old fone. sorry theres alot, and i cant figure out how to upload them here. i should have an open view account so go ahead and check them out.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...231&aid=246719

lemme know if theres any trouble, thanks, enjoy!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

Default small update

hey all, its been a while yet again. had a few setbacks recently that have affected my budget kinda seriously. had to help my sister and bro-in-law fix their 4runner, blew the hg and they drove on it for bout 220 miles. roasted the poor lil 22r. as they are pretty much outta cash, i offered to postpone my project a while to help pay for a new motor. now they are up and running again, but sadly i had to sell the cams i bought and hold off on a few other essential parts for a while.

anyway, aside from that new, i feel good overall about the project. i finally found some 5m mounts, and have an extra set in fact. got the cyl head assembled and the short block put together. the head has the comp cam springs, and at install height they are providing 64lbs of seat pressure. up from stock but not over done. the bearing clearances came out suprisingly well on my main and rod journals, they are as follows: main journals; 1-.0021", 2-.0019", 3-.0019", 4-.0020", 5-.0021", 6-.0019", 7-.0021". rod journals; 1-.0017", 2-.0017", 3-.0016", 4-.0017", 5-.0016", 6-.0018".

the mains i could swap halves around and maybe close up the couple .0021" ones and make the majority .0020", but i think 2 ten thousandths is pretty damn close. same on the rod journals. im just hoping the slight lenience on the #6 rod journal combined with teh slack #7 main journal dont translate into a problem down the road.

my pistons are protruding .0024" above the deck, so with the MHG i should be hitting around 9.7-9.9 comp approx. i was dissappointed a bit, cuz i picked up an extra 90 cressida motor, and after disassembling it, i looked at the pistons from both it and the jdm motor compared to my new pistons. the old pistons have only approx 1/16th dish compared to my new pistons 1/8th dish. mine are stock compression, 9.2:1, so im wondering what the old pistons would have yielded. im thinking stock 9.5-9.6:1. tho after searching i found no company (nor could my machine shop) that makes a pistons for the 7mge with that small of a dish, unless custom ordered (eff that). oh well .

anyway, ill be using the stock cressida cams, they looked wonderful, and just reshimming the head i have.

ordering efi in a couple weeks, and just have a few small parts to get now. the oil pan is designed, and ill be gettin sheet metal this week to build it. it should hold about 5-5.5 qts. i may add some capacity after i get the motor/tranny in and get some real concrete measurements. i really want to have about 6 qts capacity. other than that all i need is a couple stock sensors (gonna use the stock 22r temp sensor for the guage so it reads right) and cam gears and my rad to complete fab. all my parts are painted up with aluminum high temp ceramic paint, and my header is blasted, painted and ready to be wrapped. i still expect a solid 200 hp out of this motor w/o the cams, and i may upgrade to them down the road. also the supercharger idea is still in effect, just going to wait till the truck is drivable till i start on that end.

also, moving soon is another road block, but im crossing those bridges while i get to them. im not sure if anyone has seen pictures yet, but if i need a host site to post them for you guys, lemme know, ill try to get something worked up. if the FB post above works, then all the pics are on there, check em out and lemme know what you think back here! thanks, ill keep updating when i can!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

well, some more updates. i got my hks MHG, Cam gears, cam cover, rad and a few misc parts ordered. i also picked up a billet rear spool from a buddy of mine (free, thanks john!) and all the misc sensors and parts i needed. the motor will be dropped in on two weeks. the sds efi is on the waiting list. the oil pan is waiting final measurements when the motor is in.

on the off side ( i know this isnt a 4x4 forum, but its kewl nonetheless.) i went to the local pull n save yard, and found a few dirt cheap goodies. first off, an 83 celica throttle cable that will work perfect for this particular swap (7mge in pickup/4runner). i also happened to find, a mint eaton m90 supercharger (the price was literally, amazing. $17 bux) i have since found an adapter plate from a company that allows simple adaptation to intercooler/intake piping. so, instead of my centrifugal from my firebird, ill use this one, especially since it has the bypass valve. i will mount it where the A/C pump was, after i get the engine broke in.

in addition to this, i found a York A/C pump, from an 80's volvo. i will use this for OBA (on board air) as it is a far superior design to any other a/c pump. this was also, $17. to give everyone an idea of how much i scored, these pieces were $250+ anywhere else. so i essentially saved $450 on some kick ass parts. i will rebuild and port the S/C, and refurbish the A/C compressor. ill have about $150 into that.

once again, sorry its for a 4x4, but the S/C find really lit a fire under my ass. basically, the m90 puts out 90 CFM/ 1.5L of air per revolution, so in .5 revolutions of the crank shaft, ill fill each cylinder completely (by mathematics.) this should push my motor, into around the 275-300 hp range, depending on tuning. i should be able to have the efi ordered by the beginning of june, and the truck running by the end of that, including dyno tuning. so get read for N/A numbers by mid june, and S/C numbers by mid july.

im also ditching the 6 puck ceramic clutch, and getting an exedy hd kit from my freind john (yet again, thanks!) to help with drive train shock and drivability.

after all this, anyone got prospectives on 1/4 mile times? im thinking around low 13's.

ill prolly be upgrading to a R series trans soon, as the W series will surely detonate not long after the supercharger add-on. its taking alot longer than i wanted, but this will prolly be one of the funnest and most unique vehicles many have seen, cuz i believe ill be one of the first ppl to achieve the supercharged version (7MGZE!) in running form

as stated b4, im also moving soon so that may impact progress some, but i accounted for that in my due dates. if anyone has questions, please ask!

and idk if anyone has seen pics at all, and im unsure how to post them up here, but id really like all to see them. ill see if i can get that figured out tonight. anyway, for any followers, keep checking, ill be posting progress soon.