View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

green, apology accepted. not a "kid" but not an old man either. been into engines for about 10 years, just always stuck with a "tune by screw driver" carb setup, except for the turbo 93 altima i had (jim wolf ecu retune).

anyway, i havent checked maftpro yet, ill look into that, im gonna call AEM again today as well as APEXi, see if they say anything promising about swapping to gte electronics. everyone said that the turbo electronics wont run in N/A form. i dont see why, its would just run out of boost for the time being, and in my mind, probably be more efficient due to the multi coil design, full electronic timing control, etc. combine that with the AEM tuning capability (or maftpro) and i think i may be able to at least get it running decent, till the S/C goes on.

i have to get the motor in the bay and see how i can mount the S/C, its a lil tight but i think ill have enough room in the ac position, if i make the custom brackets and remove the stock one. im going to try to retain the stock bracket, but may come to down to a bust.

neway, ill be able to use the extra block to fit it all too once i can get some measurements.

so im guessing the consensus is: SAFC Neo is out (not enough capability), AEM is possible if i can swap to gte electronics, and maftpro is worth looking at/talking to someone about.

any other comments? sorry if i had a digi cam id take some pics and my damn celly camera broke 2 months ago (run over in parking lot)

once again, thanks for any comments, aside from "go turbo" ones, haha.
87hilux7mge is offline   Reply With Quote