Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

BTW, anyone else thinks it's funny how we all defend and practically worship a guy we've never met? Is someone starting a new religion/cult on here.... ?
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
BTW, anyone else thinks it's funny how we all defend and practically worship a guy we've never met? Is someone starting a new religion/cult on here.... ?
Guy?? ? sheesh, well at least you got the first letter right...

yeah, you're right though, it's very weird.

the koolaid is almost ready, BTW.

there are worse things than deleting the EGR, but it's not worth doing without a good reason and is too widely encouraged by the ignorant masses.on some cars it makes a much bigger difference too.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not the end-all of auto knowledge either. I'm ignorant of much, just know how to find the answer s and good at knowing what questions to ask. If you want brillianttalk to jetjock, jdub, ij. and others from supramania.com.... read some stuff by corky bell.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default The Shrine

Actually I worship all you guys that have helped me and all the others on other forums I am getting answers from. Bad advice or good, it's the fact that anyone would take their time to try and help in this crazy selfish world is a GEM that goes for 907, Cre and the rest of this Merry band of Brothers and Sisters. In my opinion all of you are Robin Hoods, you give us the wealth of fixing a problem ourselves rather than giving our limited monies in this disaster of an economy to the auto repair bandits, that at times can be less than honest.

I am realizing that Cres advice is probably dead on with my car. I stopped at the radiator repair and spoke with someone I have been dealing with for a long time. I described my symptoms and he thinks my radiator is clogged or blocked somewhat. He said $75 for a cleaning and check out of the radiator.

I am running fine in the 100 degree heat without my AC but with the AC on, my car is still climbing into the hi temps and returns after AC is shut down. I am going to swap my radiators from my Black Supra to my Red one and see if this fixes it though my Black one has set for years as well. If this doesn't fix it it will be time to buy a new radiator. Don't see any point to having an old radiator cleaned for $75 if I can get a new one for a little more. Time to call Auto Zone or look on ebay.

batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #15
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

no worship.. just common courtesy..

I wouldnt invite a person over to help me with my car and then tell him he made no sense. I also would offer beer!

Not slamming the OP, just pointing it out that if you make a comment like that, you may turn off the guy who would have had exactly the answer (or girl) that you were looking for. Words dont carry body language.

Again.. common courtesy (and on a forum its even more important)
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote