Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
jdmmilhouse
Stock

jdmmilhouse is on a distinguished road
Default what do i need to run low 12's in mk3?

hey guys i need some help.....my goal next year is to run low 12's or high 11's in my turbo mk3 ..... now should i keep the 7mgte? what will it take to reach my goal?.....or should i do a 2j with bolt ons?.......fabrication wiring and welding isnt a problem my guy has a ae6 with a 2jzgte swap he did in his garage! so he will be doin the harness and fab work if needed.

just trying to prove to the honda camp out here in chicago that toyotas arent dead dinosaurs ! lol
all suggestions will be appreciated .....thanx
jdmmilhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
jdmmilhouse
Stock

forgot to mention , i already have a bic ddp, 3inch hks super dragger, cat delete pipe, walbro 255, ss braided fuel line from tank to motor.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
jdmmilhouse
Stock

come on guys! help me b4 i start spending money on useless things.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
jdmmilhouse
Stock

Cool

nothing? help please
Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

it depends...
what do u want for hp??
are you ready for hp?
there is no doubt about it the 1jz and 2jz TT both have more power and capability
i myself am going to be putting money into a 7mge N/A and going for a 300-400 HP mark, and i dont want to exceed...
make sure you are able to handle the power before u do, because i have fucked up drifts even with my stock supra 200hp
things can get sticky fast when your going fast
CanadianBak'inSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmilhouse View Post
hey guys i need some help.....my goal next year is to run low 12's or high 11's in my turbo mk3 ..... now should i keep the 7mgte?
Sure, a 7M-GTE can reach the power levels needed... how much power it will require depends on how much the car weights and drive train losses as well. To get there on a 7M-GTE *RELIABLY* you'd need to completely rebuild using forged internals, rebuilt transmission, upgraded fuel system and a larger T4 turbo with other supporting mods including a larger and more efficient intercooler. Aftermarket engine management or a monster piggyback like the MAFT Pro is a requisite.

Of the engines you listed the 2JZ would be the quickest route for most. They're newer and as such are often in much better shape and far more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
i myself am going to be putting money into a 7mge N/A and going for a 300-400 HP mark.
Not going to happen... at all... I don't think you'd even be able to make it far past the 300RWHP mark with one hell of a shot of nitrous oxide. I can introduce you to a few people who do have thousands and thousands of dollars invested in fully built 7M's and aren't out of the 200 range. I (and most others) think the head is the problem; even with a thorough port and polish, larger valves, custom cams, matched headers it just can't flow enough. Hell, usually you can't even get enough power out of one to even need to upgrade the injectors.

The two biggest builders I know are Defiant7M (finally abandoned the project, the guy was the 7M-GE world's icon) and AJ's88 (making maybe as high as the mid 200's on one hell of a build). They're both members over at SupraMania if you want to look them up. Defiant seems to have pretty much abandoned the MKIII after everything he dumped into his. His project was MASSIVE and unbelievably expensive and he still only estimated as high as the mid 300's (the build was fully blue printed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
make sure you are able to handle the power before u do, because i have fucked up drifts even with my stock supra 200hp
things can get sticky fast when your going fast
There's plenty you can do to reduce the power output on a turbod vehicle. Hell, with most engine management systems you can add a switch to change, on the fly, from one setup to the other... one streetable and one track, for example. Besides, power has nothing to do with how fast you drive... it's how fast you get there.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
evosupra
Banned

evosupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hey guys i need some help.....my goal next year is to run low 12's or high 11's in my turbo mk3 ..... now should i keep the 7mgte? what will it take to reach my goal?.....or should i do a 2j with bolt ons?.......fabrication wiring and welding isnt a problem my guy has a ae6 with a 2jzgte swap he did in his garage! so he will be doin the harness and fab work if needed.

just trying to prove to the honda camp out here in chicago that toyotas arent dead dinosaurs ! lol
Hey Bro, just stick withe 7MGTE ! the 2JZ aint shit in comparison.
The stock Bottom end on 7M is capable of up to 1000 Hp.
Now, Ive dumped a but load of money in mine but I compete in Drift events with mine. check out the profile pics," newbie but sweet ride" in the show and tell section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine powder coat.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	2556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple Blurple.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2558  

Last edited by evosupra; 11-13-2009 at 03:43 AM.
evosupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:50 AM   #8
evosupra
Banned

evosupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Im back guys ! and ready to help you guys who have the need for speed !
What do you need help with? you want 12s in your Supra, right?
what's in the block? what kind of mods do you have on the head? is it ported and polished? oversize valves, Brian Crower stage 2 cams and springs and lifter kit. an HKS head gasket, egr bypass, turbo upgrade,BOV, External wastegate, injector upgrade, FMIC.... i could go on and on !
Just stay away from Ebay for supra parts !
Ill be glad to hook you up with links to cool ass stuff Yo !
evosupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:24 AM   #9
jdmmilhouse
Stock

jdm 7mgte so no egr...3inch hks super dragger,hks test pipe, bic ddp(NOT ATMOSPHERIC), walbro255, ss braided fuel line from motor to tank,

NOT INSTALLED PARTS.....
lexus afm, apexi safc1, xs manual boost controller,xs bov, hks hg, arp head studs
Old 11-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

A good start would be adding a piggyback or better yet going to a standalone which can eliminate the stock air flow meter, integrate fuel control and boost control and give you accurate control over spark advance.

I didn't say you couldn't make enough power with the 7M, I said that the 2JZ would probably be the quickest (and most likely the less expensive) route. The 2JZ's been proven to take over 1000RWHP on the stock bottom end many times... the highest put down on a stock 7M (fully rebuilt to stock specs) is about 780RWHP and even the owner says it's just an experiment until it grenades... which he expects will be soon. Your build, while thoroughly impressive, is MILES from stock.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote