View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmilhouse View Post
hey guys i need some help.....my goal next year is to run low 12's or high 11's in my turbo mk3 ..... now should i keep the 7mgte?
Sure, a 7M-GTE can reach the power levels needed... how much power it will require depends on how much the car weights and drive train losses as well. To get there on a 7M-GTE *RELIABLY* you'd need to completely rebuild using forged internals, rebuilt transmission, upgraded fuel system and a larger T4 turbo with other supporting mods including a larger and more efficient intercooler. Aftermarket engine management or a monster piggyback like the MAFT Pro is a requisite.

Of the engines you listed the 2JZ would be the quickest route for most. They're newer and as such are often in much better shape and far more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
i myself am going to be putting money into a 7mge N/A and going for a 300-400 HP mark.
Not going to happen... at all... I don't think you'd even be able to make it far past the 300RWHP mark with one hell of a shot of nitrous oxide. I can introduce you to a few people who do have thousands and thousands of dollars invested in fully built 7M's and aren't out of the 200 range. I (and most others) think the head is the problem; even with a thorough port and polish, larger valves, custom cams, matched headers it just can't flow enough. Hell, usually you can't even get enough power out of one to even need to upgrade the injectors.

The two biggest builders I know are Defiant7M (finally abandoned the project, the guy was the 7M-GE world's icon) and AJ's88 (making maybe as high as the mid 200's on one hell of a build). They're both members over at SupraMania if you want to look them up. Defiant seems to have pretty much abandoned the MKIII after everything he dumped into his. His project was MASSIVE and unbelievably expensive and he still only estimated as high as the mid 300's (the build was fully blue printed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
make sure you are able to handle the power before u do, because i have fucked up drifts even with my stock supra 200hp
things can get sticky fast when your going fast
There's plenty you can do to reduce the power output on a turbod vehicle. Hell, with most engine management systems you can add a switch to change, on the fly, from one setup to the other... one streetable and one track, for example. Besides, power has nothing to do with how fast you drive... it's how fast you get there.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote