Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, other people's pics... I've got pics of it in front of three different houses and in an apartment complex parking lot... But yeah, my neighbor does drive an Escalade.

Man these cars get some wild looks... The engine in back thing and the styling really throw some people...

The sound is soo very different than the Supra and when the engine screams over your shoulder when you nail it it is a bit of a change... plus it's not that deep roar I'm used to.

Like I said though, I bought one of these new back in '93, so I knew what to expect and I'm not at all disappointed.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #12
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

So you like the mr2's, I’ve been a fan of them for a while. It s funny the place I’m getting my used engine from to fix my Celica, is a mr2 business. He has a few of each generation. Personally if I had my choice, I’d go with a mk3 mr2 and swap in the 2zzge with the c60. It makes it have about 2200lbs with 180hp stock. Here is the guys links if it comes in handy.

http://www.twosrus.com/
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, I installed a new shifter and floormats and some other parts from them yesterday. You should get me a discount on my next order.

Never been a fan of the MK3 MR2.... Spyder's just don't appeal to me and they're too underpowered... can't believe they allowed such a hit in performance; should have offered a turbo option.

I just need to get a MAFT Pro in this to get rid of the VAFM and get boost control in it and I'll be happy. I'd prefer to go with a MAF versus speed density though as I really don't care to dick with the tuning so much to get the S/D running perfectly.... BUT it all depends on whether Bob enabled the use of a MAP sensor in conjunction with a MAF so you can use boost control while measuring air flow with a MAF or not.... couldn't before, but it was on his to do list last I heard. No one's running the MAFT Pro on one of these cars yet...
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

bryanf89 is on a distinguished road

its time for cre to take the mr2 into a new realm lol
bryanf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I don't know man... some of the things some people have done with these is insane... a twin turbo V8? Can you imagine that roaring into your ear from right behind you???

I'm going to stick with a 4cyl and a big turbo... hard enough to work on the 4 cyl without dropping it than a V6 or bigger. I mean damn that shit's in there tight. Oil changes are CAKE though!!!! Same for spark plugs. Hope the gear oil isn't too bad because that's on the list for next weekend.

A friend freaked today when he realized the engine was in back.. lol. It just doesn't get old.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #16
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

I miss my mr2.. love my supra tho

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #17
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

bryanf89 is on a distinguished road

how does it handle with the engine in the back?
bryanf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #18
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

It's nothing huge while just cruising... but damn, when you hit the corners... oh yeah!

That's a big part of what brought me back to getting another.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Too Much Racing and Sports

Well Guys too much Football and racing motorcross when I was a wee bit younger has me convinced that I have done a lot of work on my Supra, cause I am SORE ALL OVER!

Hey Cre, how is the gas mileage with Squirt?

An MR2 might make a great fun commuter for me someday.... Scott

batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 AM   #20
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I haven't really had time to get a good idea about mileage... last tank was 22MPG almost all city and a lot of boosting... It's MUCH better than the Supra and I haven't finished tuning things up.

It is a lot of fun and get TONS of attention... not always good, but I'm trying to tone down my driving... and it's working there... I'm driving the bat signal.

Tip Jar --->