Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 06-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Meet Squirt... not at all a lemon... ;) (mah new ride.)

I picked this up last weekend. 1991 MR2 Turbo, 112K, excellent mechanical shape, all original (except for some stupid "universal" replacement shift knob, shift boot and floormats which must have come in a set and were a kind of sickly orange/yellow... replaced them today with parts and a short shifter). Sound system is aftermarket. It's got a TON of pep; not as fast as the Supra, but a shade over 200 HP in a little car like this with it's crazy front to rear weight ratio... it's a kick in the butt! I knew all this going in though, I used to own a '93 Turbo.

There is a dent in the passenger side door which I've hear from a couple people "shouldn't" be too bad for paintless repair. and I'm still trying to find a good deal on window tint... I got lower quotes on the Supra!!! WTF??? Oh, and it's got a semi-decent respray which needs some wetsanding and buffing in some areas.

Not planning much in the way of mods right now other than a small bump in boost once I get a set of blueprinted injectors to swap in. Down the road I'll probably install a MAFT Pro to get rid of the VAFM these cars use (I hate those).... but for now I'm keeping it mellow. My Supra would eat those for a snack, but before building the Supra up this would have eaten it.... but this would out handle it both then and now.

All in all I'm very happy with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ext1_sm.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	3107

Name:	ext2_sm.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	3108

Name:	int_sm.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	3109

Oh and my wife insists on name the cars... the minute lemon started rolling off her tongue I told he she could call it Squirt but to use THAT word...
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Did I mention it's YELLOW?!

I was kind of surprised when I saw it in person and actually stayed to test drive it.... lol...

The 140mile drive back along the mountains from the guys place where I bought it was WONDERFUL!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
mkiiisupra
Lexus & 550's

mkiiisupra is on a distinguished road

Looks nice, trying to convince the wife to let me get a 1989 one
mkiiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

bryanf89 is on a distinguished road

I LOVE MOUNTAIN DRIVES!
i went to vermont with my supra adn went thru the back country roads, it held up =)
bryanf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I'm eager to get out this morning, but I've got to go do some work on the Supra..... and sign some paperwork... she's sold and going to a new home (about 3 miles away to a friend who'll keep her a weekend toy instead of a daily driver... he paid for a big chunk of the complete rebuild we just did).

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

sweet man...side by side comparison pics?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Nice Ride Cre

You guys would love our mountain roads in WV. The curves and climbs, and scenery!

batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The rockies man... nice this time of year while everything's still green... I am jealous, though, out there it's green sooo much longer.

Had a great drive today, lots of fun in the twisties...

The Supra's not living here anymore... The trollop moved out most of her things this morning. If I think on it when I'm over there next I'll shoot a photo or two.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #9
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

that mountain scenario is when i turn the radio off and let the sound of the engine and turbo become one with me, its a beautiful bond between man and machine...i miss vermont driving =(....im really considering going out there 4 times a year...each time for a season lol
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

from the pictures is deduced were you are located. Ill be over for dinner.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote