Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
johnkarl
Stock

johnkarl is on a distinguished road
Post how important or does it matter

I have a non turbo 3.0 1988 supra that runs great , but when i bought the car , the person who had the car before me said , that he did not think that the vacuum pipes were connected to the right places .I have since looked on our site and found a diagram of the pipes of a turbo model [i think] and some if not all of the pipes are going to the wrong place . Can anyone please tell me if this will cause the car any harm , or does it not matter , as it is trivial , any help on the matter would be appreciated , especially the vacuum diagram of a non turbo [UK model]

Last edited by johnkarl; 01-08-2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: missed a bit
Old 01-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

I got a repair manual that came with the car (cuz I needed it already)lol

But idk if its jus for the usdm engine but I will try to look for the diagram and post it as soon as I can

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Talking

Now ask yourself this: will a car run "properly" if the doors are put on upside down??

And........If the transmission is mounted backwards, can I just reverse the shift pattern to drive "properly" ??

Same answer for the vacuum lines routing.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road
Cool

usually there is a hose diagram right under the hood on one of these little white stickers that no one ever looks at .
My Supra KiXGaS
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hoses

At the Cygnus X1 On-Line site, the TSRM "Emissions Control Systems" section and "EFI Systems" section have some diagrams that might help you out. And when you get it straightend out, take a lot of pictures. I did that and they proved invaluable.

Whatever happened to "Chilton" books? Have they gone out of business? I always thought they were the greatest.

Scruffboy
Old 01-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
johnkarl
Stock

Thumbs down doors on upside down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye
Now ask yourself this: will a car run "properly" if the doors are put on upside down??

And........If the transmission is mounted backwards, can I just reverse the shift pattern to drive "properly" ??

Same answer for the vacuum lines routing.
if i was stupid enough to buy a car with the doors on upside down ,the last thing i would be worried about was if it ran ok , although if you can fix the doors on upside down ,i would doubt if it would stop the engine from running ok ,as for putting the transmission on the wrong way, again if it can be done ,obviously you being so cleaver you, and only you, might be able to do this, i still doubt if this would stop the engine from running well ,thanks for your help on this one and look NOT FORWARD to hearing from you in the future, all i wanted to know was in what way would it affect the running of the engine ,not sarcasm from someone like you
Old 01-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkarl
if i was stupid enough to buy a car with the doors on upside down ,the last thing i would be worried about was if it ran ok , although if you can fix the doors on upside down ,i would doubt if it would stop the engine from running ok ,as for putting the transmission on the wrong way, again if it can be done ,obviously you being so cleaver you, and only you, might be able to do this, i still doubt if this would stop the engine from running well ,thanks for your help on this one and look NOT FORWARD to hearing from you in the future, all i wanted to know was in what way would it affect the running of the engine ,not sarcasm from someone like you
You are considerably older than I, so I will try to be as respectful as possible. If you had taken his comment light-hearted and not so belligerently, you would've seen thru his sarcasm and got your answer. What he tried to say was that the car will run with the vacuum hoses in the wrong places. But it will not run to potential. It will not run the way it should. Now if they are in the right place, then the car will run the way it should. I don't know how long you have owned the car, in case you havent noticed yet, you will need to make sure everything is running right otherwise it WILL come back to bite you in the arse.

And you might want to be more careful with whom you pick fights with in the future. He is also a moderator of this site. No one on this forum is looking to pick fights with anyone. Albeit, his response was not the best way to put it, but it did get the point across. Present yourself this way again and I'm sure that the forum members will be discouraged to help you.

Follow this and reroute your vacuum lines.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 AM   #8
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Talking rephrase

Quote: (johnkarl) from original post......
Can anyone please tell me if this will cause the car any harm , or does it not matter , as it is trivial...

New answer: YES ! it can/may cause harm to the car !
Yes ! It does matter ! Things should function properly.
NO ! It is NOT trivial.

Everything under the hood serves a purpose. Toyota (or any manufacturer) would not waste $$$$ placing things under the hood (bonnet) that were un-necessary (trivial).
Old 01-10-2007, 05:43 AM   #9
johnkarl
Stock

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye
Quote: (johnkarl) from original post......
Can anyone please tell me if this will cause the car any harm , or does it not matter , as it is trivial...

New answer: YES ! it can/may cause harm to the car !
Yes ! It does matter ! Things should function properly.
NO ! It is NOT trivial.

Everything under the hood serves a purpose. Toyota (or any manufacturer) would not waste $$$$ placing things under the hood (bonnet) that were un-necessary (trivial).
Thank you, thats all that i needed to know ,i shall remove all the vaccum pipes tomorrow, as i am not using the car as yet ,that is if this rain ever stops. Thanks again
Old 01-10-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
johnkarl
Stock

Thumbs up fight picking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
You are considerably older than I, so I will try to be as respectful as possible. If you had taken his comment light-hearted and not so belligerently, you would've seen thru his sarcasm and got your answer. What he tried to say was that the car will run with the vacuum hoses in the wrong places. But it will not run to potential. It will not run the way it should. Now if they are in the right place, then the car will run the way it should. I don't know how long you have owned the car, in case you havent noticed yet, you will need to make sure everything is running right otherwise it WILL come back to bite you in the arse.

And you might want to be more careful with whom you pick fights with in the future. He is also a moderator of this site. No one on this forum is looking to pick fights with anyone. Albeit, his response was not the best way to put it, but it did get the point across. Present yourself this way again and I'm sure that the forum members will be discouraged to help you.

Follow this and reroute your vacuum lines.
fight picking is the last thing that i want to do, and i don't want to upset any one, and ,as i am as old as gods dog ,so is my supra, but it is still a very nice car really ,and i am from north east England ,so rather than upset anyone else i shall try to refrain from posting any more and try and sort out my problems with our FAQ, and hopefully these will be few and far between . SUPRAS FOREVER !!!,good luck
Closed Thread