Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 07-27-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

Supra91_ishot is on a distinguished road

This sucks. Last night I went out of town around 11 p.m. at night and I was going like around 80 mph on a 65 mph highway and this one stupid cop pulled me over and he wrote me a citation. I guess the freakin ticket will cost over $150 plus. Now my clean dirving record will have a damn ticket on it and my insurance will go up a little and my father will be pissed.

Stupid cop was in front of me but I couldn't see him, and he told me he was fallowing me for like a while than he decided to pull me over.

Oh well, I guess I am really going to sell my Supra now.

Might sell it for $3800 or $3500. Depends on how much I've used to fix the car. I'm going to have to say good-bye to my favorite car.

It's hard slowing down when your in a Supra.

My only guess, pay for my own insurance from now on.
Supra91_ishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:45 AM   #2
SuperSupra86
3" Exhaust

SuperSupra86 is on a distinguished road

That sucks

get a fuzz buster h34r:
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

ooo selling huh.....gimme some specs and tell me where you located at
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #4
monkihead
SP58GT

monkihead is on a distinguished road

DUDE!! dont give up.. if you really have a clean record you may be able to get off of it. in texas we have probation, from which you pay the ticket and if you dont have another violation in 90 days, its taken off your record.
another one is, if you take defensive driving, pay a small fine, its off your record. but, you cant take defensive driving again. plea with your judge for your options!!

i'd be screwed if my mom wasnt a driving instructor.

lol

monique- better off dead

monkihead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road

it is one of the prices you have to pay for owning a supra

i have had enough tickets to get sent to drivers re-training twice . and i'm on the edge right now, one more ticket within a 1 yr period and i get sent again

i can't remember ever seeing my insurance rates go up as a direct result of the tickets .

and 80 mph is like the nicest speed to travel in the car .

cops suck anyway
My Supra KiXGaS
ddmcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

I dont live in Texas, I live in MN, so we have a different set of laws here. Three years of clean driving records will wiped out your ticket. Other than that, it's going to stay there for three freakin years... <_<

Going 80 mph in a Supra is pretty fun and drivable. But if your going 60 mph, it seems like your only going 30 mph. The Supra is so heavy it makes driving fast seems like it's going slow.

Today, I'm not driving the Supra, I'm driving my Jeep . That way I can go 60 mph ONLY. lol

About the spec, what kind of spec do you mean? I only know a little about cars, so some details would be nice. Anyways, its a 1989 white Supra turbo. Has at least 174,500 miles on it right now with new metal head gasket replace around 120-130k miles. I also bought a new exuast like four months ago too. Stock (white) wheels and maybe need new tires. Everything is stock from interior to exterior. Except, it's got a new cd deck and cd player and new two front speaker, all Pioneer :P. I just bought those like two months ago. Got all four rotors re-paired (machined) at a Toyota Shop because the rotor was in bad shape but now looks like new. Plus new brake pads too, all these done around four or five months ago. But now the brakes, I believed are making a little speaking noise sometimes but it ain't no big deal. I also have those bass and sub woofer wires that BestBuy installed for me two or three months ago but I decided to not want the sub because it's too loud and I refounded back but the wires are there if I ever need to get a new Sub. Other than those, everything is stock and the engine needs to get checked up because it has a "check engine" light on (sometimes only). But I'm still driving it and it still drives very good. Haven't gotten the money yet to fix it.

All in all, the cars interior is in good shape and it's clean because I'm that kind of person who don't like messy cars :lol:. Except that on the driver side the seat had a little tear and the driver side door also has a tear to it.

I'm located in St.Paul, MN. If I have time, I'll post up some pics of my car. By the way, I'm Asian, but I care for my car like it's my girlfriend

Anyways, these are just some details about my Supra, but I haven't made up my mind yet wheather or not I want to sell it or not. I still love the car and I am worried it would take me like forever to find another MKIII in the future, that's why I am having a second thought. But if I ever do really want to sell it, I'll post it up in here. But for now, I have two minds, one is saying, "sell it", and the other one is saying, "do NOT sell it".

But after this ticket that I had :angry: Kind of want to sell it. Again, we'll see.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #7
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

By the way, I ain't going to Court, I'm only 20 yr old and I have a better life than fighting and aruging with stupid cops and the Judge and make me lose face and get embarrased. I'm not someone whole likes talking in front of peoples. All I might do is get into a training class and hopefully, there is no stupid tickets in my driving record.

Truth is, I do speed sometimes but I am not a reckless driver or by any means am I a bad driver, I'm a good driver. In MN, there are a lot of cars and people races a lot. If your on the highway going on a 55 mph road, you better watch your back because there will be people crossing over you going like 80-90 mph.

Sometimes, I just feel like "need for speed" when I'm driving my Supra. But when I'm driving my Jeep, I'm like a calm person who will only drive the speed limit and don't care how fast other drivers on the roads are going. Whoever tailgates me better be ready to be slowed down because I'll just step on the brakes :lol:. And if your going too fast and you change lanes so close in front of me without signaling, you better be ready to see my fog lights blinking on the back of you (when I'm in a bad mood). Or if I'm in a good mood, I'll just luagh :P .
Old 07-28-2005, 12:56 AM   #8
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

Okay, I'm kind of dumb bubt sorry, I just found out ther specs. He He

Here's to my knowlegde, some info's are from myself and some I found it on a Supra site.

My Supra Turbo Specs:

Horsepower: 230 @ 5600rpm (232 89+ models)

Torque: 246 ft-lbs (256 89+ models)

Weight: approx. 3400-3500

Engine: 7M-GTE

Transmission: Auto

Boost (A/T): 4.8 - 6.0psi

Turbo: Toyota CT-26

Spark Plugs: Bosh Spark Plugs

Injector Size: approx. 440cc, low impedance

Compression: 8.4:1

6 Cylinder Pressure: 142

Fuel Pressure: 33-40psi

Fuel Cutoff: approx. 10-13psi

Intercooler Efficiency: 3psi drop @ 6.8psi
Old 07-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
Makavelli
3" Exhaust

Makavelli is on a distinguished road

Don't sell her, unless you really want to get rid of the car. Instead, get a Pre-Paid Legal service. I use Hyatt Legal for my Pre-Paid, but there are several companies that offer this service. I only pay $7 per month, and just fax my tickets (I get a lot) to my lawyer, and he fights em for me. I get mine at a steep discount, but I think it typically runs $40 bucks or so. Well worth it. Drive how you want, let the lawyers take care of it!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Stock...for now</span>
Makavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #10
SuperSupra86
3" Exhaust

SuperSupra86 is on a distinguished road

Dude just go to court showing up there is enough for the judge to take some action....i live in Wisconsin and cops are total dicks around madison (it seems like i get pulled over daily for my exhaust)....Generally he/she will lower the cost of the ticket or give you some options...its not just something in Texas....Anyway, if worse comes to worse sell it, but don't unless you absolutely have to....you probably won't be able to relive her beauty ever again...Trust me, im 19 have 0 speeding tickets, but have been pulled over 7 times in the last 2 months (all cept 1 for my exhaust).... Generally in a 65 MPH zone a cop won't stop you for going 80.... hell i was going 87mph in a 55mph zone and got of with a verbal warning.....Whatever you do don't give up