Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 06-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
warbird
Stock

warbird is on a distinguished road

I have been searching the US for some Toyota or general RI's to help me bring in a right handed drive Toyota Supra MK IV. I have found some that specialize in Nissan Skylines ( he actually had 2 for sale ) in Cali, but havent' come across any Supra Specific Companies yet. I am just sending this out to any1 and every1 to see if anyone had seen or has or heard of someone who OWNS or SHOWED a Toyota Supra Right Hand Drive before. I have been trying to deal directly with some companies in Japan, but without an RI I am screwed. I have found some that run about 10k to purchase, plus import fees.

Peace

warbird
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
jza80 Supra C-I TT
3" Exhaust

jza80 Supra C-I TT is on a distinguished road

well its gonna cost a lot isn't it? the dash board has to be molded, totaly different wiring, your radio and ac have to be moved, and alot more. you sure u wanna be driving this in cali?

<span style='color:green'>300 horsepower is 299 too much for any camaro</span>
MKIV POWER *cough* suprra _girl *cough cough*
jza80 Supra C-I TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
Deadtoday
Stock

Deadtoday is on a distinguished road

Hey warbird, i'm in the same boat you are, for the past month or two i have been doing heavy research on a right hand drive Supra...
What i can tel you is this, Ive e-mail toyota about it, they wont help you whatsoever on that.
Importing one isn't a good idea because of what i have been told by Supra owners and others trying to do the same thing. The reason it is a bad idea is because a Supra from japan is ILLEGAL in the US as you might now... because of emissions. So the only way to legalize it is to modify the car, the only way to legalize it in this aspect is to DETUNE the car which is pretty stupid to do. You could always retune it i guess when it's back, but good luck on your emissions tests after that. LEGALLY... it would be a hassle and a half to get a right hand drive supra from Japan in the US. But hey if you know some poeple in customs or for inspections... let me know!! hehe.
As for converting a left hadn drive to a right hand drive, i've heard that it can cost from 10k to 15k to do and there is one problem that could occur. The Turbo on a Supra (i am assuming you are seeking a turbo, if not then im not sure what the deal with this is...) But, the turbo is on the passenger side of the car, so if you convert a left hand drive to a right hadn drive the turbo will then be on the driver side, and with moving and re-mounting everything it could cause a problem, someone told me about having to install a heat shield between the Turbo and whatever is moved to that side.

After 2 months of researching and searching i have slowed down because if there is one of these out there in the US i dont know how easy it would be to find. :-/

But hey, my e-mail is deadtoday@gmail.com Let me know if you come across anything or if anything i said is wrong, (again im not 100% positive about everything i said, it's things i've heard from other poeple). Send me your e-mail so if i come across anything i can let you know. Good luck man!

-Mark
Deadtoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Spoolin Spyder
Stock

Spoolin Spyder is on a distinguished road

theres a company called evolution imports, they are in florida, they will import and legalize a rhd supra for you.
Spoolin Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
monkihead
SP58GT

monkihead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadtoday@Jun 9 2005, 02:23 PM
Hey warbird, i'm in the same boat you are, for the past month or two i have been doing heavy research on a right hand drive Supra...
What i can tel you is this, Ive e-mail toyota about it, they wont help you whatsoever on that.
Importing one isn't a good idea because of what i have been told by Supra owners and others trying to do the same thing. The reason it is a bad idea is because a Supra from japan is ILLEGAL in the US as you might now... because of emissions. So the only way to legalize it is to modify the car, the only way to legalize it in this aspect is to DETUNE the car which is pretty stupid to do. You could always retune it i guess when it's back, but good luck on your emissions tests after that. LEGALLY... it would be a hassle and a half to get a right hand drive supra from Japan in the US. But hey if you know some poeple in customs or for inspections... let me know!! hehe.
As for converting a left hadn drive to a right hand drive, i've heard that it can cost from 10k to 15k to do and there is one problem that could occur. The Turbo on a Supra (i am assuming you are seeking a turbo, if not then im not sure what the deal with this is...) But, the turbo is on the passenger side of the car, so if you convert a left hand drive to a right hadn drive the turbo will then be on the driver side, and with moving and re-mounting everything it could cause a problem, someone told me about having to install a heat shield between the Turbo and whatever is moved to that side.

After 2 months of researching and searching i have slowed down because if there is one of these out there in the US i dont know how easy it would be to find. :-/

But hey, my e-mail is deadtoday@gmail.com Let me know if you come across anything or if anything i said is wrong, (again im not 100% positive about everything i said, it's things i've heard from other poeple). Send me your e-mail so if i come across anything i can let you know. Good luck man!

-Mark
toyota wont help you because they already have a supra designed for your country. since its at your request for wanting one, you'll have to pay the price. as for de-tuning i havent seen it true. my friend has an 84 annaversary edition fairlady and didn't have to de-tune. besides japanese emissions are TIGHTER than ones in the us. i'll post a site later where you can get one shipped left hand drive.

monique- better off dead

monkihead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:48 AM   #6
SEXYRZ
Stock

SEXYRZ is on a distinguished road

Okies well New Zealand has all right hand drive Supras. So if you are looking at importing, maybe you might want to check out the specs of getting one from here?
SEXYRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
monkihead
SP58GT

SUPRA

monique- better off dead

Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road

only $1,200.00 to ship it !
My Supra KiXGaS
ddmcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:28 AM   #9
Deadtoday
Stock

Deadtoday is on a distinguished road

Yea, $1200 to ship to US is pretty good.

"as for de-tuning i havent seen it true. my friend has an 84 annaversary edition fairlady and didn't have to de-tune. besides japanese emissions are TIGHTER than ones in the us. i'll post a site later where you can get one shipped left hand drive. "

Post some more links for import supras from japan, new zealand UK wherever... Next summer ima make something happen.

Mark
Deadtoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:19 AM   #10
monkihead
SP58GT

i've been eyeing a black 91 from that site and am hoping to buy it or something similar september. its a debate now between that car and a bike.

monique- better off dead