Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #31
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

sorry for butting in here, but remember as well that if you run e85 or e100 or any mix of that with gasoline (as in a flexfuel vehicle) you must have the appropriate fuel delivery components such as:

stainless steel tank or teflon coated fuel tank, stainless steel fuel hard lines, teflon coated rubber efi hose and a compatible fuel pump/injectors capable of flowing more fuel and combating e85/e100's corrosive nature.

dont forget that if you plan to run both at seperate times or a mix of the two, your tune must change if you run full e85 or full gasoline, or a mix.

e85 is great under boost, as its octane rating sits around 100ish, some say less some say more, i go by testing ethanol from my local e85 station. (god i love having freinds in the lab), and its cheaper than regular gas.

e100 is even more appropriate for boost, as the octane rating has been said to test as high as 120, but dont quote me on that.

anyway, just some pointers, good luck with it!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
sorry for butting in here, but remember as well that if you run e85 or e100 or any mix of that with gasoline (as in a flexfuel vehicle) you must have the appropriate fuel delivery components such as:

stainless steel tank or teflon coated fuel tank, stainless steel fuel hard lines, teflon coated rubber efi hose and a compatible fuel pump/injectors capable of flowing more fuel and combating e85/e100's corrosive nature.

dont forget that if you plan to run both at seperate times or a mix of the two, your tune must change if you run full e85 or full gasoline, or a mix.

e85 is great under boost, as its octane rating sits around 100ish, some say less some say more, i go by testing ethanol from my local e85 station. (god i love having freinds in the lab), and its cheaper than regular gas.

e100 is even more appropriate for boost, as the octane rating has been said to test as high as 120, but dont quote me on that.

anyway, just some pointers, good luck with it!
Great post - very informative!

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #33
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default need help makin power

wat flywheel is better aluminum or act street lite steel flywheel need to buy new one
warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #34
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
wat flywheel is better aluminum or act street lite steel flywheel need to buy new one
I assume you mean "what" when you said "wat". Please let me know if this assumption was not accurate. If you meant something else, this response may not make any sense (I've never heard of a "wat flywheel" - maybe that's a new brand? If so, please provide a link):

The decision depends what you're going to use it for. If you're going to be drag racing with high horsepower, a heavier steel flywheel makes a turbo car much easier to launch. If you're going to roadrace with a good traction control system (eg. RaceLogic), then as I already said above a very lightweight aluminum flywheel will let your driveline rev up much more quickly. For daily-driving street use, the oem dual-mass flywheel can't be beat...it's heavy which makes for foolproof smooth launches, and the dual-mass dampening keeps everything as quiet as possible.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-19-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #35
warmkop

Default Need help making power 94tt

I meant what sorry.I decided to build the supra for the dragstrip.
Took the clutch out last week but the flywheel has to much play/wear need to replace it.
Wil the stock ignition system be okay with the aftermarket managment.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #36
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I meant what sorry.I decided to build the supra for the dragstrip.
Took the clutch out last week but the flywheel has to much play/wear need to replace it.
Wil the stock ignition system be okay with the aftermarket managment.
The oem TT ignition is fine if your aftermarket engine management system has at least six ignition outputs. Iridium spark plugs are recommended.

Note that (for example) the AEM gen-1 has only four ignition outputs, which puts the 2jz-gte into "waste spark" mode...and in "waste spark" an ignition amplifier like the "HKS DLI-2 Twin Power Ignition Amplifier", or an "AEM CDI Ignition System" is required.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-19-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #37
warmkop

Default Need help making power94 TT

The managment im gone use has 6 outputs.Can you give me some advise on the stock flywheel to look if it is really necessary to replace it.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #38
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
The managment im gone use has 6 outputs.Can you give me some advise on the stock flywheel to look if it is really necessary to replace it.
If your current (used) oem Mkiv TT flywheel has play in it, then it's probably time to get a new oem flywheel. For drag racing, the oem flywheel with a strong aftermarket pressure plate and carbon-puck disk works fine up to about 700rwhp. At that point, you need to move to a twin disk clutch in order for it to reliably and repeatedly hold hard launches. All twin clutches come with their own flywheel.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #39
warmkop

Default need help making power 94tt

Have so far the turbo the manifold,1200cc injectors for e85 new lamda sensor,clutch kit just waiting for the flywheel.
2 fuel pumps,fuel rail with FPR with aftermarket managment starting it soon ANY COMMENTS cant wait to see what power she can make.what degree timing do you run normally on the supra.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #40
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Have so far the turbo the manifold,1200cc injectors for e85 new lamda sensor,clutch kit just waiting for the flywheel.
2 fuel pumps,fuel rail with FPR with aftermarket managment starting it soon ANY COMMENTS cant wait to see what power she can make.what degree timing do you run normally on the supra.
Unless you're spraying nitrous, you don't need to modify the oem TT timing curve...at least not right away.

Again, the oem intake plenum is just fine for a 67mm turbo. You only need to change it out for 750rwhp+ (6spd) applications. If you want to modify the oem plenum, just block off the EGR valve (us-spec mkiv tt's only).

Are those fuel components part of a kit that you purchased? If not, be very careful running the line(s) and wires through the fuel tank cover. It'll also be a lot of fun figuring out the line lengths and all the right fittings to use. Oh, will you be running a center return or a return at one or both ends of the rail?

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-18-2011 at 06:38 AM.