Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIV Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/)
-   -   need help making power 94tt (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/18843-need-help-making-power-94tt.html)

87hilux7mge 09-22-2011 05:53 AM

sorry for butting in here, but remember as well that if you run e85 or e100 or any mix of that with gasoline (as in a flexfuel vehicle) you must have the appropriate fuel delivery components such as:

stainless steel tank or teflon coated fuel tank, stainless steel fuel hard lines, teflon coated rubber efi hose and a compatible fuel pump/injectors capable of flowing more fuel and combating e85/e100's corrosive nature.

dont forget that if you plan to run both at seperate times or a mix of the two, your tune must change if you run full e85 or full gasoline, or a mix.

e85 is great under boost, as its octane rating sits around 100ish, some say less some say more, i go by testing ethanol from my local e85 station. (god i love having freinds in the lab), and its cheaper than regular gas.

e100 is even more appropriate for boost, as the octane rating has been said to test as high as 120, but dont quote me on that.

anyway, just some pointers, good luck with it!

pwpanas 09-22-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge (Post 98234)
sorry for butting in here, but remember as well that if you run e85 or e100 or any mix of that with gasoline (as in a flexfuel vehicle) you must have the appropriate fuel delivery components such as:

stainless steel tank or teflon coated fuel tank, stainless steel fuel hard lines, teflon coated rubber efi hose and a compatible fuel pump/injectors capable of flowing more fuel and combating e85/e100's corrosive nature.

dont forget that if you plan to run both at seperate times or a mix of the two, your tune must change if you run full e85 or full gasoline, or a mix.

e85 is great under boost, as its octane rating sits around 100ish, some say less some say more, i go by testing ethanol from my local e85 station. (god i love having freinds in the lab), and its cheaper than regular gas.

e100 is even more appropriate for boost, as the octane rating has been said to test as high as 120, but dont quote me on that.

anyway, just some pointers, good luck with it!

Great post - very informative!

warmkop 10-17-2011 08:01 PM

need help makin power

wat flywheel is better aluminum or act street lite steel flywheel need to buy new one

pwpanas 10-18-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98732)
wat flywheel is better aluminum or act street lite steel flywheel need to buy new one

I assume you mean "what" when you said "wat". Please let me know if this assumption was not accurate. If you meant something else, this response may not make any sense (I've never heard of a "wat flywheel" - maybe that's a new brand? If so, please provide a link):

The decision depends what you're going to use it for. If you're going to be drag racing with high horsepower, a heavier steel flywheel makes a turbo car much easier to launch. If you're going to roadrace with a good traction control system (eg. RaceLogic), then as I already said above a very lightweight aluminum flywheel will let your driveline rev up much more quickly. For daily-driving street use, the oem dual-mass flywheel can't be beat...it's heavy which makes for foolproof smooth launches, and the dual-mass dampening keeps everything as quiet as possible.

warmkop 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

Need help making power 94tt

I meant what sorry.I decided to build the supra for the dragstrip.
Took the clutch out last week but the flywheel has to much play/wear need to replace it.
Wil the stock ignition system be okay with the aftermarket managment.

pwpanas 10-19-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98755)
I meant what sorry.I decided to build the supra for the dragstrip.
Took the clutch out last week but the flywheel has to much play/wear need to replace it.
Wil the stock ignition system be okay with the aftermarket managment.

The oem TT ignition is fine if your aftermarket engine management system has at least six ignition outputs. Iridium spark plugs are recommended.

Note that (for example) the AEM gen-1 has only four ignition outputs, which puts the 2jz-gte into "waste spark" mode...and in "waste spark" an ignition amplifier like the "HKS DLI-2 Twin Power Ignition Amplifier", or an "AEM CDI Ignition System" is required.

warmkop 10-20-2011 03:45 PM

Need help making power94 TT

The managment im gone use has 6 outputs.Can you give me some advise on the stock flywheel to look if it is really necessary to replace it.

pwpanas 10-21-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98784)
The managment im gone use has 6 outputs.Can you give me some advise on the stock flywheel to look if it is really necessary to replace it.

If your current (used) oem Mkiv TT flywheel has play in it, then it's probably time to get a new oem flywheel. For drag racing, the oem flywheel with a strong aftermarket pressure plate and carbon-puck disk works fine up to about 700rwhp. At that point, you need to move to a twin disk clutch in order for it to reliably and repeatedly hold hard launches. All twin clutches come with their own flywheel.

warmkop 11-16-2011 05:03 PM

need help making power 94tt

Have so far the turbo the manifold,1200cc injectors for e85 new lamda sensor,clutch kit just waiting for the flywheel.
2 fuel pumps,fuel rail with FPR with aftermarket managment starting it soon ANY COMMENTS cant wait to see what power she can make.what degree timing do you run normally on the supra.

pwpanas 11-17-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 99321)
Have so far the turbo the manifold,1200cc injectors for e85 new lamda sensor,clutch kit just waiting for the flywheel.
2 fuel pumps,fuel rail with FPR with aftermarket managment starting it soon ANY COMMENTS cant wait to see what power she can make.what degree timing do you run normally on the supra.

Unless you're spraying nitrous, you don't need to modify the oem TT timing curve...at least not right away.

Again, the oem intake plenum is just fine for a 67mm turbo. You only need to change it out for 750rwhp+ (6spd) applications. If you want to modify the oem plenum, just block off the EGR valve (us-spec mkiv tt's only).

Are those fuel components part of a kit that you purchased? If not, be very careful running the line(s) and wires through the fuel tank cover. It'll also be a lot of fun figuring out the line lengths and all the right fittings to use. Oh, will you be running a center return or a return at one or both ends of the rail?