Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIV Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/)
-   -   need help making power 94tt (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/18843-need-help-making-power-94tt.html)

warmkop 09-16-2011 03:37 PM

need advise

peoplei n SA is advising me against ethanol is afgas just as good or not.How good is the aftermarket intake manifolds on ebay peolple also say it is crap because it gets smaller at the end and cyl 5.6 runs hotter can build my own just need spec. do i need to make my fuel lines bigger for 1200cc injectors.any advise welcome

pwpanas 09-16-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98127)
peoplei n SA is advising me against ethanol is afgas just as good or not.How good is the aftermarket intake manifolds on ebay peolple also say it is crap because it gets smaller at the end and cyl 5.6 runs hotter can build my own just need spec. do i need to make my fuel lines bigger for 1200cc injectors.any advise welcome

Do not run aviation fuel. Race fuel (specifically for motorsports applications) is proven for high horsepower applications. E85 is okay too.

The oem plenum is what causes a lean condition in #6 for high horsepower applications. Aftermarket plenums solve this issue. That's why they were invented! However I definitely agree that you should stay away from the cheaply-constructed plenums on ebay and go with a name brand like veilside, virtual works, or sound performance.

I can't answer the question about you fuel lines because you have not told me how much fuel your engine will be consuming. For example, I could make 1200cc injectors work just fine with the stock twin turbos and the oem fuel lines. If you still have that 67mm turbo, 1200cc injectors are too big unless you're going to run E85. A 67mm turbo's fuel requirements do outstrip the oem fuel pump and lines. You need to get a complete fuel system - don't try to piecemeal one together yourself.

warmkop 09-16-2011 04:22 PM

so basically afgas is crap i must just buy racing fuel wat is the problem with ethanol,what do you think about building my own manifold. do you know the brand name brian croward want to order a set of 272 cams fom them. Im getting a hks head gasket with arp bolt and boost as much as possible.what do you mean about the fuel system what is the best ruit to take.must i get rid of the fuel tank and get a fuel cell with 2/3 pumps or is that over kill

pwpanas 09-16-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98129)
so basically afgas is crap i must just buy racing fuel wat is the problem with ethanol,what do you think about building my own manifold. do you know the brand name brian croward want to order a set of 272 cams fom them. Im getting a hks head gasket with arp bolt and boost as much as possible.what do you mean about the fuel system what is the best ruit to take.must i get rid of the fuel tank and get a fuel cell with 2/3 pumps or is that over kill

Pure ethanol may be okay but I know of no Supra race team or individual that has achieved proven results with it. E85 and methanol are proven.

Afgas is crap. Wrong balance of short and long chain hydrocarbons unless you're up at 20,000 feet.

Do you have a flow bench? If not, don't try to build your own plenum.

Use HKS or JUN cams imho, not crower.

Why are you changing the head gasket?

No fuel cell but you definitely need more than one pump. Here is a complete fuel system :
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/...-98_Supra/3660

warmkop 09-16-2011 09:39 PM

need advise

I know racing is expensive but with the rand to dollor i must multiply the amount with 8 so it is very very expensive to get the parts here.The fuel system i want to build is basically the same so that is sorted out. I dont know if the old gasket wil handle the boost.how bad is the stock manifold cant i improve it i do have all the engineering equipment and skills.

pwpanas 09-19-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98131)
I know racing is expensive but with the rand to dollor i must multiply the amount with 8 so it is very very expensive to get the parts here.The fuel system i want to build is basically the same so that is sorted out. I dont know if the old gasket wil handle the boost.how bad is the stock manifold cant i improve it i do have all the engineering equipment and skills.

1) The oem (Toyota) 2jz-gte head gasket will handle the boost just fine. If someone told you differently, please send him/her to me.
2) Pay to play. Sorry, but you can't get away from that. If you want to maximize your investment, don't buy stuff you don't need like an HKS head gasket or an ebay intake plenum.
3) The oem intake plenum is just fine for a 67mm turbo. You only need to change it out for 750rwhp (6spd) applications. If you want to modify it, just block off the EGR valve (us-spec mkiv tt's only).

warmkop 09-19-2011 05:56 PM

need advise

Il keep the head gasket on il just upgrade the fuel system.how strong is the stock clutch and flywheel.can you tel me what the diffrence is between e85 an ethanol.thanks for the advise so far you have been a great help.

pwpanas 09-19-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98189)
Il keep the head gasket on il just upgrade the fuel system.how strong is the stock clutch and flywheel.can you tel me what the diffrence is between e85 an ethanol.thanks for the advise so far you have been a great help.

Then oem pressure plate will only hold about 400rwhp* long-term reliably. With an Act or RPS or South Bend pressure plate, the oem flywheel and clutch disc will hold about 600rwhp*. With a carbon-ceramic clutch disc, it'll hold about 700rwhp*. Above that point you'll need a double or triple disc clutch.

A lightweight flywheel will improve roadracing performance, but it will not affect holding power.

E85 is 15% gasoline. Pure ethanol can be the start of a great party!

* P. S. Clutches actually hold torque, not horsepower. If you'd like the upgrade points in ft-lbs instead, please send me a PM.

warmkop 09-19-2011 08:27 PM

need advise

so ethanol with so 20% racing fuel sound like a good mix.wil replace the clutch kit put in the fuel system and boost as much ass possible safely.what degree timing is do you run on the supra iknow it depend on the fuel and stuff was just wandering.

pwpanas 09-21-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmkop (Post 98191)
so ethanol with so 20% racing fuel sound like a good mix.wil replace the clutch kit put in the fuel system and boost as much ass possible safely.what degree timing is do you run on the supra iknow it depend on the fuel and stuff was just wandering.

With E85 you need to flow about 50%+ more fuel, so the injectors have to be that much larger.