Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
k_tieu
Stock

k_tieu is on a distinguished road
Default 2jzgte

hey guys i am brand new here so hi to all
anyways lets get to the point
i am looking for a 2jzgte. im wondering if you guys noe good sites or places i can buy one.

i came across this site called supra store i duno if there any good or can be trusted

so once i hav the engine i was wondering wut parts will need to hook it up
i am deffinetly going to give it a port and pollish on the valve train..
i herd hks is most commonly used brand on 2jz

i want too hook it up to a R154 so anyone noe sites or places where i can buy one of thoes as well

i dont really noe much about turbos i am mostly a N/a lover but im gonna give it a shot with turbos. im wondering y people perfer a single turbo instead of 2

but ya if u guys could help me out on a list of things im gonna need to make this engine run
turbo up grades if u hav aswell
im looking to generate about 400 hp and up

thanks alot homes
k_tieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_tieu View Post
hey guys i am brand new here so hi to all
anyways lets get to the point
i am looking for a 2jzgte. im wondering if you guys noe good sites or places i can buy one.

i came across this site called supra store i duno if there any good or can be trusted

so once i hav the engine i was wondering wut parts will need to hook it up
i am deffinetly going to give it a port and pollish on the valve train..
i herd hks is most commonly used brand on 2jz

i want too hook it up to a R154 so anyone noe sites or places where i can buy one of thoes as well

i dont really noe much about turbos i am mostly a N/a lover but im gonna give it a shot with turbos. im wondering y people perfer a single turbo instead of 2

but ya if u guys could help me out on a list of things im gonna need to make this engine run
turbo up grades if u hav aswell
im looking to generate about 400 hp and up

thanks alot homes
Why do you want to "give it a port and polish"? The 2jz-gte will put out 1000hp with no headwork.

One turbo is cheaper than two.

A bone-stock 2jz-gte with the oem twin turbos will do 400hp easily, with no modifications other than 'bpu'. You won't need any "turbo up grades" to make that power level.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
k_tieu
Stock

does the twin turbo give u any advantage over the single
thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
does the twin turbo give u any advantage over the single
thanks
The >>>STOCK<<< twin turbos are sequential; most aftermarket twin turbo kits are paralell. The STOCK twin turbos spool up quicker, since they're smaller and they're operating in series. There's no advantage to a larger, aftermarket (parallel) twin turbo kit.
Oh, and keeping the stock twin turbos are typically cheaper than buying and installing any aftermarket turbo kit.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
SupraHead
3" Exhaust

SupraHead is on a distinguished road

Single "BIG" Turbo is better then twin turbo as he said
SupraHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraHead View Post
Single "BIG" Turbo is better then twin turbo as he said
That's not necessarily true.
What if the twin turbos are "BIG" and sequential??? I meant exactly what I wrote.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
supra-man7mgte4life
Stock

supra-man7mgte4life is on a distinguished road

why dont you get one big one and one smaller one so you have one that spooled up quick and one that spools up when you really have your foot in it, i've seen it done and it ran great
supra-man7mgte4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
k_tieu
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra-man7mgte4life View Post
why dont you get one big one and one smaller one so you have one that spooled up quick and one that spools up when you really have your foot in it, i've seen it done and it ran great
noe any sites or places where i can get a 2jz instead of ebay and supra store
Old 02-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
noe any sites or places where i can get a 2jz instead of ebay and supra store
Toyota, of course!

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-25-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra-man7mgte4life View Post
Have you seen it done on an Mkiv Supra? Please tell us more.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-26-2011 at 05:05 PM.