Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 09-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #21
lamw001
Stock

lamw001 is on a distinguished road

This is my last post on this thread. Sorry to the OP that I am off topic. I can Phil can fill you in much better than I do.

It's 180km for sure because it's a JDM. Actually, that's all it has, unlike the USDM and CDM models.

Phil, I do respect you, lots as a matter of fact. You try to help and give advice as much possible as you can. That's a perfect Mod. However, what I disagree with 1993suprawr is posting up to get advice on how to modify his car for street racing.
Quote:
i've smoked every car i raced so far
Since street racing is illegal, I don't think any forum should accept that (street racing).

1993suprawr, I do respect your honesty too by coming here asking for advice to modify your car as daily driver and street racer. Take care of yourself and the others that share the road with you, your Supra and the Viper. Hope you learn and turn out to be "ok".

mnewxv:
Quote:
find a local track that you can drive at, you would probably enjoy it.
BINGO! Well said.

peace
lamw001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:31 AM   #22
1993suprawr
Stock

1993suprawr is on a distinguished road

haha hmm okay then? well im just asking for help but if thats too much cause i want to race? then i guess i can just go to shops and ask around..but okay then
1993suprawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #23
1993suprawr
Stock

and yeah street racing is illegal so are half the other things in this world but u dont see people stoping do you? and im sure you do some illegal things as well even if its just smoking pot or goign above the speed limit by 10km's the fact is u cant stop everything and by saying i shouldnt be able to get advice off a supra forum is pretty stupid as well but i guess u have ur opinion i have mine as do others
Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #24
1Chin3seBoi
Intake

1Chin3seBoi is on a distinguished road

i agree with u too.. even i street racing.. always wanted a fast car.. same age as u but my mk4 is 850hp yes its fun to drive fast and race/kill any car on the street but make sure u know wut u doin or where u race not in stupid resident area but do it on highway or something thats my advice to u

but yeah if u want it fast.. upgrade to single/injectors/ecu/manifold/n blahblah n make sure its tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993suprawr View Post
and yeah street racing is illegal so are half the other things in this world but u dont see people stoping do you? and im sure you do some illegal things as well even if its just smoking pot or goign above the speed limit by 10km's the fact is u cant stop everything and by saying i shouldnt be able to get advice off a supra forum is pretty stupid as well but i guess u have ur opinion i have mine as do others

HKS/GREDDY/SARD/CUSCO/VOLKS
1Chin3seBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
mnewxv
3" Exhaust

mnewxv is on a distinguished road

why don't we focus around making the car faster than a debate about street racing. It is illegal and dangerous, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume if you do, you will do it on roads with few to no cars present when you race and that the only life you put at risk is your own.

Now, RWHP is one thing, but what exactly do you want the car to do? What 1/4mile time, or whatever distance term they use there, do you want to achieve? 0-60mph(0-100kph) times? Those are both influenced greatly by the driver's ability to handle power and launch well. If you want bragging rights than saying like 450rwhp is quite a lot, probably 500-525hp or so at the crank. 600rwhp might make you win the race after the tires hook up, but being able to launch the car perfectly with 450rwhp is more impressive in my opinion. Also, if you do not have a limited slip diff, you should get one. As for tires, for 450-600rwhp I would suggest no smaller than 285 rears, prefferably 305-335mm wide. fronts 245 or 255 I guess. I like the top secret body kit.
mnewxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #26
1993suprawr
Stock

yeah i've got lim slip differential, and yeah even 525hp is fine its basically for just highway rolls and like red lights and stuff not really gonna go street race for money and stuff just want it to be fast..and i wont be putting ppl at risk dont worry im mature enough to know the difference, i just want to know what upgrades i should do first and slowly add on what would u recommend doign first
Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 AM   #27
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993suprawr View Post
yeah i've got lim slip differential, and yeah even 525hp is fine its basically for just highway rolls and like red lights and stuff not really gonna go street race for money and stuff just want it to be fast..and i wont be putting ppl at risk dont worry im mature enough to know the difference, i just want to know what upgrades i should do first and slowly add on what would u recommend doign first
First is BPU. Please read about it here:
MKIV.Com Home of the MKIV Toyota Supra

In short, BPU means a downpipe, a BCC, a boost controller, and a boost gauge. If your Supra isn't full BPU yet, you need to get it there. I know you have other mods like an fmic and an aftermarket air intake, but we need to start with the basics.

In addition to BPU, make sure your Supra is up to spec on all of the maintenance that is required in the owner's manual (and/or TSRM), based on the mileage.

Lastly, I still need ALL of these questions I asked answered:
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/12315-just-bought-1993-mkiv-twin-turbo-need-help.html#post63584

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-27-2008 at 02:58 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #28
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamw001 View Post
...However, what I disagree with 1993suprawr is posting up to get advice on how to modify his car for street racing.
Quote:
i've smoked every car i raced so far
Since street racing is illegal, I don't think any forum should accept that (street racing)...
Agreed....but:
1) We don't know those races didn't take place on a track or an abandoned airstrip, etc. Either way, the best course of action here is not to keep digging into it. Personally, I really don't want to know - it doesn't help the discussion here at all. Again, I agree that if street racing is specifically mentioned as a venue, then this forum does have to come out strongly against it.
2) We have one opportunity here to influence 1993suprawr here, and we'll loose that opportunity if we turn him away and refuse to work with him at all. Like I said, we want to help him safely modify his Supra, and then if he wants to compete with it, we can encourage him and the guy who owns the viper to do it at a local track, with fire trucks and ambulances waiting, and no spectators along the side of the road to get schmushed.

Long story short, officially street racing is a bad thing. Beyond that, the less it is discussed, the better. As a request to everyone on this thread, let's drop that part of the discussion.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-27-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #29
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chin3seBoi View Post
...but yeah if u want it fast.. upgrade to single/injectors/ecu/manifold/n blahblah n make sure its tuned
Agreed these will all ultimately be required for 600rwhp+. However, the build needs to take place one step at a time. We really don't even know all of the mods that we're working with on this car yet...so we can't really build on top of an unknown starting point...

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-27-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:13 AM   #30
mnewxv
3" Exhaust

mnewxv is on a distinguished road

pics of the engine bay and bottom of car would be helpful in helping you tell you what mods you have.
mnewxv is offline   Reply With Quote