View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #28
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamw001 View Post
...However, what I disagree with 1993suprawr is posting up to get advice on how to modify his car for street racing.
Quote:
i've smoked every car i raced so far
Since street racing is illegal, I don't think any forum should accept that (street racing)...
Agreed....but:
1) We don't know those races didn't take place on a track or an abandoned airstrip, etc. Either way, the best course of action here is not to keep digging into it. Personally, I really don't want to know - it doesn't help the discussion here at all. Again, I agree that if street racing is specifically mentioned as a venue, then this forum does have to come out strongly against it.
2) We have one opportunity here to influence 1993suprawr here, and we'll loose that opportunity if we turn him away and refuse to work with him at all. Like I said, we want to help him safely modify his Supra, and then if he wants to compete with it, we can encourage him and the guy who owns the viper to do it at a local track, with fire trucks and ambulances waiting, and no spectators along the side of the road to get schmushed.

Long story short, officially street racing is a bad thing. Beyond that, the less it is discussed, the better. As a request to everyone on this thread, let's drop that part of the discussion.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-27-2008 at 02:52 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote