View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
mnewxv
3" Exhaust

mnewxv is on a distinguished road

why don't we focus around making the car faster than a debate about street racing. It is illegal and dangerous, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume if you do, you will do it on roads with few to no cars present when you race and that the only life you put at risk is your own.

Now, RWHP is one thing, but what exactly do you want the car to do? What 1/4mile time, or whatever distance term they use there, do you want to achieve? 0-60mph(0-100kph) times? Those are both influenced greatly by the driver's ability to handle power and launch well. If you want bragging rights than saying like 450rwhp is quite a lot, probably 500-525hp or so at the crank. 600rwhp might make you win the race after the tires hook up, but being able to launch the car perfectly with 450rwhp is more impressive in my opinion. Also, if you do not have a limited slip diff, you should get one. As for tires, for 450-600rwhp I would suggest no smaller than 285 rears, prefferably 305-335mm wide. fronts 245 or 255 I guess. I like the top secret body kit.
mnewxv is offline   Reply With Quote