Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
alanwilson82
Stock

alanwilson82 is on a distinguished road
Default Supra noob here

First this is my first post and im glad to be here. I recently bought an 88 turbo 5spd targa top supra from a family member and repaired a blown head gasket. Im almost done putting it back together and Im planning on doing some modifications but i have a few questions.

1. I want to do a new aftermarket exhaust manifold and I was wondering if the ct26 turbo that came on the supras uses the same flange as any other turbos (t4 etc.) also has anyone got one of the manifolds from ebay or are they any good at all?

2. I want to run a test pipe on the exhaust instead of a convertor and i live in indiana which has no emissions testing but if you delete the convertor how do you make the check engine light turn off?

3. are the hks 3000 pipes worth it?

4. what type of bov and wastegate should i buy (I plan on keeping my ct26) and is there a guide any where on installing them?

5. same thing with a boost controller what one to buy and how to install/tune?

6. where can i get a short throw shifter?

7. what is the bolt pattern and offset of the wheels?

8. can you chip or modify the ecm to account for your modifications if so where do i go to get this?

9. is there an actual supra performance manual out there anywhere?

10. I live in central indiana and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop in this area that has knowledge about supras

Although i am new to supras and turbos i am not new to working on cars and im a very mechanically inclined guy and i own a 12 sec. camaro ive done all the work on and have had various other projects and drove and wrenched on many 10 sec. cars. Any help will be appreciated and once again im glad to be here
alanwilson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
mizuboi
3" Exhaust

mizuboi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwilson82
First this is my first post and im glad to be here. I recently bought an 88 turbo 5spd targa top supra from a family member and repaired a blown head gasket. Im almost done putting it back together and Im planning on doing some modifications but i have a few questions.

1. I want to do a new aftermarket exhaust manifold and I was wondering if the ct26 turbo that came on the supras uses the same flange as any other turbos (t4 etc.) also has anyone got one of the manifolds from ebay or are they any good at all?

2. I want to run a test pipe on the exhaust instead of a convertor and i live in indiana which has no emissions testing but if you delete the convertor how do you make the check engine light turn off?

3. are the hks 3000 pipes worth it?

4. what type of bov and wastegate should i buy (I plan on keeping my ct26) and is there a guide any where on installing them?

5. same thing with a boost controller what one to buy and how to install/tune?

6. where can i get a short throw shifter?

7. what is the bolt pattern and offset of the wheels?

8. can you chip or modify the ecm to account for your modifications if so where do i go to get this?

9. is there an actual supra performance manual out there anywhere?

10. I live in central indiana and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop in this area that has knowledge about supras

Although i am new to supras and turbos i am not new to working on cars and im a very mechanically inclined guy and i own a 12 sec. camaro ive done all the work on and have had various other projects and drove and wrenched on many 10 sec. cars. Any help will be appreciated and once again im glad to be here
well to start off the exhaust manifold is different for a t04e turbo it has a different flange

the test pipe is a good idea. if you are going to eliminate the cat's then just look for a downpipe a good one i would go with like megan or hks though the hks one does hang a little low and from the doenpipe use the test pipe and from there get the either the bitz nur cat back or the apexi those are the best from my experience

as for the 3000 pipe its just for show it is the same just says hks on it but if you want it buy it it looks cool

the CT26 already has a wastegate on it
but you can shim it to make it hold more boost

as for the bov i like the hks ssq bov but if you like the greddy get one or the blitz get that one its all on preference really

boost controller i would say go with the greddy one or bliz or actually hks if you want it

short throw shifter umm you can make one or i think suprastore makes one

not sure about the wheels

if you want you can get the aem ecu controller but as for chipping... i don't think that would be a good idea

performance manual? like chiltons or haynes or what? there is a service manual from toyota

and i live in california so i'm not sure about shops so yea i hopoe that helps at all

if you want to look for parts look for like supra store online or supra sport or websites like that

new fly wheeel
and not running

for sale
car parts for sale
misc. things for sale

stole it from sm
mizuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Murd
3" Exhaust

Murd is on a distinguished road

wheels are 16" with a bolt pattern of 5x114 with a +35ish offset, some are posted as 35, some are 37, some are 38.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
alanwilson82
Stock

alanwilson82 is on a distinguished road

I knew it had a wastegate i was thinking about an upgraded higher quality aftermarket one if there is one. As far as a manual i was thinking a dedicated modification performance manual they are out there for some cars (have one for my camaro "third gen camaro performance" or sumthin like that). Does any one know about a website that goes into detail about turbocharger systems and modifications like installing boost controllers and what not? thanks for the info on the wheels as well. Like i said im new to turbos and imports hell the supra is only the second fuel injected car ive owned so im learning here. one more thing has anyone bought any parts (manifolds etc.) from ebay if so are they decent? thanks
alanwilson82 is offline   Reply With Quote