Thread: Supra noob here
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
alanwilson82
Stock

alanwilson82 is on a distinguished road
Default Supra noob here

First this is my first post and im glad to be here. I recently bought an 88 turbo 5spd targa top supra from a family member and repaired a blown head gasket. Im almost done putting it back together and Im planning on doing some modifications but i have a few questions.

1. I want to do a new aftermarket exhaust manifold and I was wondering if the ct26 turbo that came on the supras uses the same flange as any other turbos (t4 etc.) also has anyone got one of the manifolds from ebay or are they any good at all?

2. I want to run a test pipe on the exhaust instead of a convertor and i live in indiana which has no emissions testing but if you delete the convertor how do you make the check engine light turn off?

3. are the hks 3000 pipes worth it?

4. what type of bov and wastegate should i buy (I plan on keeping my ct26) and is there a guide any where on installing them?

5. same thing with a boost controller what one to buy and how to install/tune?

6. where can i get a short throw shifter?

7. what is the bolt pattern and offset of the wheels?

8. can you chip or modify the ecm to account for your modifications if so where do i go to get this?

9. is there an actual supra performance manual out there anywhere?

10. I live in central indiana and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop in this area that has knowledge about supras

Although i am new to supras and turbos i am not new to working on cars and im a very mechanically inclined guy and i own a 12 sec. camaro ive done all the work on and have had various other projects and drove and wrenched on many 10 sec. cars. Any help will be appreciated and once again im glad to be here
alanwilson82 is offline   Reply With Quote