Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #11
j3pz
500whp yet?

j3pz is on a distinguished road

well if that truly what you meant then i guess no harm done, except on my part. its hard to tell what people mean on the web and i guess i turned it the wrong way.

kajetten, you should post some pics
Old 06-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #12
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

I say, if you all are car enthusiats, Dont argue about so and so's opinion, because its just that, a matter of opinion. But what you should try to do is help each other...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #13
zmzmzm
Intake

zmzmzm is on a distinguished road
Cool So Untru it isnt funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudboy
As soon as you put a GM motor (or any other US motor) in your Supra it is no longer a Supra but just a piece of crap.

Spend the time and money on a good MKIII and develope it for more HP if you must OR put an MKIV twin turbo motor in it. Probably less trouble and a 10 times better piece of machinery.

OR...put the GM in it, paint the car with some nice NASCAR colors and sponsers, crack yourself a budweiser, grow a mullet, and admire the nicest car in the trailer park.
First off some people dont have the means or the money to buy japanesse parts. im in the prosess of dropping a ford twin turbo 427 stroker motor in an 86 supra. mainly because i dont understand japs engines. i love the body of the supras, it is a good looking car but it will be a lot easier for me to understand how to work on an american made motor. so u have no right to be calling americans motors pieces of crap. maybe we are rednecks but we are rednecks that will walk all over your ass. so my point is that ur opinion means what to who?
>
>
>
i went on to read the rest of the post and cooled myself down about what u said but if u are going to make fun of someones idea make sure people dont take it the wrong way.

MKIII-'87
engine-N/A (right now)
trans-5 spd
rwd-(obviously)
lots o' mods to come

Last edited by zmzmzm; 06-07-2006 at 06:28 PM.
zmzmzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #14
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmzmzm
First off some people dont have the means or the money to buy japanesse parts. im in the prosess of dropping a ford twin turbo 427 stroker motor in an 86 supra. mainly because i dont understand japs engines. i love the body of the supras, it is a good looking car but it will be a lot easier for me to understand how to work on an american made motor. so u have no right to be calling americans motors pieces of crap. maybe we are rednecks but we are rednecks that will walk all over your ass. so my point is that ur opinion means what to who?
>
>
>
i went on to read the rest of the post and cooled myself down about what u said but if u are going to make fun of someones idea make sure people dont take it the wrong way.

Sorry...I'll be more careful next time so as not to hurt anyones feelings.

I guess I'm just a purist. I also don't think if you put a Toyota engine in a Mustang it is a Mustang anymore.
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:00 AM   #15
j3pz
500whp yet?

j3pz is on a distinguished road

sorry for posting, i know its off-topic but... BURN!!!!
wow this really is a heated thread lol
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 AM   #16
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

this may seem too late but, a toyota engine in a mustang,, are u burining yourself , mustang do that because, supras are known mustang killers thats why they try putting ening like that with american cars , im sori , american cars were leading tha pack, with the gto, chevelles, and other old pure muscle cars, but amreicans are loosing it, wait till the new supra arrives, detriot iron is gonna b panicing again to come up with another inovation to defeat toyota,, sorry dude but an american engine on a supra, thats jus betrayal, a toyota engine on a mustang= an upgrade,

le me jus put it this way: putting a american engine on a supra
is jus like martin luther king joining the kkk
it jus doesnt come together

screw KKK
POWER TO THE PEOPLE ha ha ha ha

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:04 AM   #17
zmzmzm
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR
this may seem too late but, a toyota engine in a mustang,, are u burining yourself , mustang do that because, supras are known mustang killers thats why they try putting ening like that with american cars , im sori , american cars were leading tha pack, with the gto, chevelles, and other old pure muscle cars, but amreicans are loosing it, wait till the new supra arrives, detriot iron is gonna b panicing again to come up with another inovation to defeat toyota,, sorry dude but an american engine on a supra, thats jus betrayal, a toyota engine on a mustang= an upgrade,

le me jus put it this way: putting a american engine on a supra
is jus like martin luther king joining the kkk
it jus doesnt come together

screw KKK
POWER TO THE PEOPLE ha ha ha ha
who said anything about a supra motor in a mustang, u may be right if it was a turbo supra and a stock mustang. most people such as myself put american motors in foreign cars because of price to horsepower ratio. i think american motors are easier to work on.

ask yourself this: how much does a 600 horse supra motor cost over a american v-8?

Does any one know where i can find a supra hybrid forum becasue i could use useful information about how to do a supra engine swap?

MKIII-'87
engine-N/A (right now)
trans-5 spd
rwd-(obviously)
lots o' mods to come
Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #18
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
who said anything about a supra motor in a mustang, u may be right if it was a turbo supra and a stock mustang. most people such as myself put american motors in foreign cars because of price to horsepower ratio. i think american motors are easier to work on.

ask yourself this: how much does a 600 horse supra motor cost over a american v-8?

Does any one know where i can find a supra hybrid forum becasue i could use useful information about how to do a supra engine swap?
Good luck finding a supra hybrid forum. It's probably not something to many people do.

My guess is if you try a Mustang or Cobra site they will tend to be a bunch of meanies like us and use insults like 'rice burners suck' and get all pissed of 'cause Toyota is in NASCAR.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #19
zmzmzm
Intake

Toyota is in NASCAR? Didn't know that. But then really don't follow it either. How are they doing against the USA big 3?

MKIII-'87
engine-N/A (right now)
trans-5 spd
rwd-(obviously)
lots o' mods to come
Old 06-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #20
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Toyota is in NASCAR? Didn't know that. But then really don't follow it either. How are they doing against the USA big 3?
I don't follow NASCAR either but accidentally get exposed to it on Speed channel and Autoweek mag. Toyota has been in the truck series for a few years...don't know how they do. Toyota will be in the full-on Nextel Cup NASCAR series starting next sesion. Many of the "good ol' boys' are not happy about it because they think NASCAR is an American sport that should only have American cars. One of the popular drivers (can't remember who) is switching teams next year to drive a Toyota and many of his long time fans are even pissed of about it...like he's some kind of traitor. People are very passionate about 'their' cars, as is evident from this forum.

The rules are so tight however that all NASCAR cars are pretty equal so I don't see Toyota having a huge advantage outside the amount of money they will bring to the team.

Toyota is in Formula 1 with the biggest budget but still can't compete with Renault, Ferrari, and Mercedes. They don't have the experience yet.