Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
7MGTReeds
Stock

7MGTReeds is on a distinguished road
Default need help w/Bee-R rev limiter

I'm having an issue with my BEE-R rev limiter on my 89+ supra 7MGTE. the damn thing just doesn't seem to work correctly. i have tried wiring it in numerous configurations and the only one that yields me a partial result is the configuration from this link which is JZA70 specific:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...70-specific%29

i currently have it wired into the ECU in the configuration from the above link which is:

Red wire - +B

Black wire - Battery ground

Yellow wire - NE

Green wire - IGF

right now the rev limiter works however it is rev limiting at idle (bouncing idle from 650 rpm) it will not let me go past 1000 rpm on any setting, on any knob. when i put the yellow gain knob back to zero (0) the rev limiter deactivates and runs as if there was no BEE-R installed, which is what it's supposed to do. i have also tried to intercept the other 3 igniter wires which are IGT, IGDA, and IGDB and all yielded the same results above. also tried wiring the way the BEE-R instructions say to do and i got zero results.

i need some help from someone who has installed one of these on a 89+ 7MGTE. i know there is a few guys out there that have these installed because I've seen the videos on youtube! i just need some direction on how to wire this thing up! thanks!
7MGTReeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised you didn't fine more info on SM. I'll be happy to look over the wiring diagrams and the SM thread and see what I can figure out. How do you have the white wire connected?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
7MGTReeds
Stock

Haven't even hooked up the white wire yet because the normal rev limiter doesn't even work right yet lol. But I plan to run it thru the e-brake wire. Its my understanding the unit will work without having the white wire hooked up because its for the launch control. Ill wire it in tomorrow anyways to see what results I get.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, and are the two cylinder config jumpers both intact? (Brown and grey, I believe) It may require a pull up resistor. I know the MAFT Pro's timing controls required one to be added. But let's check everything else first.

EDITED
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
7MGTReeds
Stock

Yes I didn't cut any of those
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
7MGTReeds
Stock

Default *update*

*UPDATE* i tried a few more configurations and still nothing. i even wired in the white wire for the E-Brake to see if that would help and..... NOTHING! the lights start flashing at the right time but it's not cutting spark at all. i contacted another seller from ebay about the issues that I'm having and he said to open up my unit and see if the knobs are attached to blue switches. if they are, it's a counterfeit unit. if they're attached to black switches, it's a genuine unit. here is what mine looks like:

http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/re...34059.jpg.html

mine are attached to blue switches, which explains the issues i'm having. FAKE UNIT! I purchased another unit from the guy that i have been emailing back and forth and am getting a full refund from the previous seller. the new seller is willing to work with me and give me a refund if this one doesn't work. he also verified that the knobs are attached to black switches prior to it shipping so this should be a genuine unit that works, i hope. so Bee-R purchasers, check your knob color before you purchase. don't want anyone to go through what i am going through. More updates to come as the new unit comes in!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

There is a LOT of argument over what, if any, indicators there are to identify a counterfeit. The manufacturer seems to have provided no info to date. Another thing people mention is that the known genuine hardware has very short brown and grey loops and they're shrink wrapped to the main loom where it exits the case. The loops only extend an inch or so from the case.

Tip Jar --->
Old 10-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
7MGTReeds
Stock

Cre, I hear what you're saying. I've done tons of research in the pastafew days and I've seen genuine ones with long and short looms. Or At least ones that work with long and short looms. I guess the biggest visible sign of a counterfeit is blue switches. Guess ill find out in a few days
Old 11-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The color of the casing of the potentiometers just isn't convincing enough. I've had plenty of batches of electronic components (boxes of 100 or more) from the same manufacturer where they switched between batches and one an a while mid lot. It'd really be great if the manufacturer would provide a definite test. Please do let us know what turns up and if you do get a good unit feel free to post a link for the vendor. Not a lot of call for these in the MKIII community but it wouldn't hurt to have a known good source.

Tip Jar --->
Old 11-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
7MGTReeds
Stock

Will definitely post who the vendor is if its a good unit. I don't want anyone to go through this. I understand not too many mk3 owners have these but I'm gonna support the community in any way that I can