Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road
Default Stp the presses! got it! was: it is Running perfect cold, then bogs etc

So after getting the timing right, the thing (7mGE) fired right up, idled perfect, reved up nice, sounded great. after 10 minutes of running however, as it got to operating temp, the idle went away, and if you gassed it it bogged. and it will eventually die. will not restart when it is hot. let it cool, and it fires right up and runs good!

So what do I look for now guys?

Fast Forward 1 hour!

Ok guys, after much deep thought and multiple throttle monkeys climbing all over the car, nothing seemed to help. So given that, and we were out of options, we did the unthinkable:

we put fuel in the car! Hadn't fueled it since the last race - so with a can of fuel in it, wow - the magic cure all!

So Cre and Brian Wilson (BTW - I thought you were dead!) You both have earned the opportunity ! so our race is this weekend, but the next one looks to be at Thunderhill raceway, Mid september, in northern california, a couple of hours north of sacramento. If you guys want to, and get there, we will put you in the car for practice day on friday. If you show you understand that you are driving a stret car that has to last for 24 hours, we will put you in the car for a stint or 2 in the race, 170 cars, 2.5 miles, door to door mayhem!

You are both welcome anytime on our team! thanks for the help!
Carl Johansson
Retired Kamakazi Pilots Associiation
Johansson Brothers Racing!

Last edited by carl johansson; 06-27-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: More Info
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl johansson View Post
we put fuel in the car! Hadn't fueled it since the last race - so with a can of fuel in it, wow - the magic cure all!
I'm going to bet that the fuel isn't the helping... Think about it. It's extra weight, volatile and WET. On top of that they pump it right up to the engine! If we know anything here it's that you do not want a wet engine!!! Get rid of the coolant while you're at it.

Quote:
So Cre and Brian Wilson (BTW - I thought you were dead!)
Wow! I can't believe I missed that all this time.

Quote:
so our race is this weekend, but the next one looks to be at Thunderhill raceway, Mid september, in northern california, a couple of hours north of sacramento. If you guys want to, and get there, we will put you in the car for practice day on friday. If you show you understand that you are driving a stret car that has to last for 24 hours, we will put you in the car for a stint or 2 in the race, 170 cars, 2.5 miles, door to door mayhem!

You are both welcome anytime on our team! thanks for the help!
Ok, so this isn't one of those derbies where you try to wreck the other guys car before he wrecks yours? If I can get my wife to give up on reflooring the house I'm all over it! I suspect though that I'll have to settle for being there in spirit. Just put my name on the car in big print with shoe polish at the race and post some pics!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post

Ok, so this isn't one of those derbies where you try to wreck the other guys car before he wrecks yours? If I can get my wife to give up on reflooring the house I'm all over it! I suspect though that I'll have to settle for being there in spirit. Just put my name on the car in big print with shoe polish at the race and post some pics!
Nope, this is the real deal, if you do contact someone, you get pulled off the track for an hour or 2, and your teamates are not very happy, as you and the car sit in the sin bin! So most guys are pretty good about racing clean!.

I'll remind you as we get closer to Thill!
In the meantime, if you knowanything about electricity, i could use some help - see my next post!
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

That would be really cool, but I just moved back to Montana from California. Too bad this didn't happen this time last year...

Glad its running well now (got to love fuel)

Oh, it's no big deal, but since names are starting to get used I suppose I should correct you; it's Ben, not Brian lol.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
it's Ben, not Brian lol.
I did in fact know that but now you're just ruining the fun.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote