Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

DawgB0 is on a distinguished road
Angry SO STUMPED! starting problem, help pls..

Aite I brought me 92' turbo wit stick for only $800 already knew it not going to run..
Im tryin to start it front of the yard and say sucker to them that I got it to running condition. But all I keep gettin backfires, smokes sometime white but black mostly time in back of exhaust, and vacuum hoses behind the engine next to the EGR keepin pop apart when crankin engine.

The pix; I was removing the spark plugs and cleaning up the oil all over the place the galley, didn't work out..
I had the wire-sets in correct places, found loose wire to starter from battery n tighten it, had adjusted my timing belt back to correct tooth at TDC and the belt is in new condition. I tired starting fluid, but I keep gets nothing just cranking so I knows the fuel pump works and starter too because I felt the starter bolt was HOT then I tighten it, then starter become hot means it's getting right connection, checked all fuses; all is good.. I had a new battery full charged I used it for my van with no PROBLEM, even I jumped the supra and ALL IS SAME RESULT just rollover until i let go the clutch, yea the CPS is GREAT! wow, I'm stumped.
if wondering about voltage drops, nope it keep coming back to 12v means ALT is great too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RJ SUPRA.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	4524  

Last edited by DawgB0; 03-27-2012 at 06:35 AM.
DawgB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgB0 View Post
Aite I brought me 92' turbo wit stick for only $800 already knew it not going to run..
Im tryin to start it front of the yard and say sucker to them that I got it to running condition. But all I keep gettin backfires, smokes sometime white but black mostly time in back of exhaust, and vacuum hoses behind the engine next to the EGR keepin pop apart when crankin engine.

The pix; I was removing the spark plugs and cleaning up the oil all over the place the galley, didn't work out..
I had the wire-sets in correct places, found loose wire to starter from battery n tighten it, had adjusted my timing belt back to correct tooth at TDC and the belt is in new condition. I tired starting fluid, but I keep gets nothing just cranking so I knows the fuel pump works and starter too because I felt the starter bolt was HOT then I tighten it, then starter become hot means it's getting right connection, checked all fuses; all is good.. I had a new battery full charged I used it for my van with no PROBLEM, even I jumped the supra and ALL IS SAME RESULT just rollover until i let go the clutch, yea the CPS is GREAT! wow, I'm stumped.
if wondering about voltage drops, nope it keep coming back to 12v means ALT is great too!!
Hi! If that is a current condition picture , then the coil pack needs to be bolted in place across the cam covers , the coil plate NEEDS TO BE EARTHED !!!! ,if the small wire is broken -make a new one , the coils are open curcuit at the moment so no sparks.The plate is mounted on rubber grommets so there is no direct earth route and that is why the earth wire is SO important .Also, ensure the AFM wiring is connected , this is important too, -left mine off once , fired and stalled , fitted--fired and ran nicely.

Last edited by interested!; 03-27-2012 at 09:39 AM.
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

Stupid question do i must have air fliter to make it run or unnessecery just keep dirt out of engine am i correct? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgB0 View Post
im mechanic myself
Was this just a bad joke?

Yes, the air filter keeps dirt out... It's not a sensor or anything. Put a sock or a piece of woman's stockings over it for now. Doing both will work even better. Make sure they're very securely tied/rubber banded on. Don't cut them too small so that if they happen to come loose they won't make it past the throttle body. I strongly advise against driving it with anything other than a real air filter though.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

No, im exactly a student auto mechanic rite now, jus i have strong experience with mechanicals. Just learning electical system right now thats why im not smart with this part just yet. I has done muti swaps with no plm, rebuilt 2 engine with great result, replace all fliters, wires, spark plugs; basic tune ups.. everybody, sorry grammer aint my strong skill. Jus be patient wit me unless im nt makin nonsense lik others
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

Yeedaimean, i got it runnin now only at idle, lol.. idk wat i did bt what i did was bring back a full charged battery and replaced the vacuum i got 2 of dem wrong and got it correctly now it dont even smoke anymore just backfire few times but it idles now after o pull spark plug nbr 1 n check if have sparks it does, but plugs is terrible and planning to get me new one in any mins so what else i should lookin at?

Last edited by DawgB0; 03-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
DawgB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

When i come back, fml alarm went off so figured out how to turn it off driver side broken key wont fit btw, i found code 12 repeating so i guess its only 1 code i have so what am i suppose do remove it? I did serach bt nt exactly wat im lookin for. And starter is hot! Like overheated
Old 03-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

I needs help i already reseach n everything n it keeep give me surface answers, i dont underrstand why it wl only crank all day.. pls help me out i havent make it run again only cranking thats it but it does try to start up bt something keep miss out and sometime it will battery will die but come back up means alt workin and it cranks means starter workin but wtf wit ignition system i have fuel pump n all relays working.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #9
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Have you verified the cps is installed correctly? That can cause it to crank all day, can sometimes get a sputter every now and then too
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #10
DawgB0
3" Exhaust

i has done that and wiggle it around and nothing. im uploading my pixs yall can c clear whats hell im goin through