Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
chippies
Stock

chippies is on a distinguished road
Default gauge lights in pillor pod

i have an 89 supra n idk why but the gauges dont light up wen its at night even tho its all light up like the front lights n all that so idk wat it is at first the oil n stock boost gauge didnt work i didnt care then the temp n rpm n speed omiter didnt idk wat it is i think its a fuse but their all good.....im assumin its the lights inside.....not sure does anyone got advice n a diagram on how to remove the dash n all that.....?
chippies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

lk omg, srsly? thats nutz dude i no wat ur prblm is tho u ned to fix teh dimer
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
chippies
Stock

idk if its that well maybe cuz my friend who had a mk3 supra told me he had the same bs n he told me its the lights inside the dash n its the light cluster or some shit like that idk im considerin on changin everythin just to be safe but i need to kno how to change it like a diagram n steps how to change it u kno cuz im new at this shit......
by the way u would happen to kno about head gaskets i recently changed the gasket on my car n it doesnt over heat no more but steam still comes out n i head bubblin sounds wen i pop the hood n look for it, its makin me worried....
Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
fantasma87
3" Exhaust

fantasma87 is on a distinguished road

ok to remove the dash you have to remove the 2 screws behind the small ashtray next to the lighter on top of the radio. then remove the shift knob , remove one screw on the bottom of the shifter on the driver side, remove the bessell " just pull it" disconnect 2 connectors from the lighter and the emergency switch after that you will remove one screw under the dash on the driver side under the switches " fog lights, cruise control etc" then remove the pannel , you dont have to disconnect the connectors. you will see like 4 or 5 screws for the cluster, remove 4 screws on top of the cluster wich are the ones holding that black trim , then theres like 4 more screws behind it. you can pull the cluster but be carefull no to break the needle in front of it. remove like 4 connectors behind it. when you put it back make sure you can see the green male plug for the speedometer that will go inside the female side then you can push it in place. hope it helps for you. good luck, hey if you want , you can remove the front face of the cluster and paint it , to do it just remove all the screws that are holding it from the back and theres like 2 screws hidden behind the air vents , so you will need to remove them.

about the noise on the engine thats because you have air in the cooling system , place the car on a hill face up and let it run untill it warms up just a little so you can open the radiator cap so the air will make its way out. then fill it up. about the steam , i really dont know but it can be a hose leaking antifreeze or a bad clamp.

ARMY STRONG !!

La fiebre Boricua Puerto Rico!!!

Last edited by fantasma87; 03-27-2011 at 04:52 AM.
fantasma87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
chippies
Stock

damn alot of shit n were do i get the clusters or wat ever their called my friend said a junk yard but idk im sketchy about used stuff..... well the noise it was a band thank jebus n i found the leak n got rid of the air but sadly i read this shit too late i think my radiator blew cuz it leaks like n mofo wen i fill it but idk how im lost on that is it cuz of the stock radiators are garbage or wat cuz im sure it aint the head gasket cuz i fixed that already with a new water pump n thermastat n the radiator was 6 months old so idk how it happen.....couldnt be cuz of not enough coolent cuz i put 50/50 in it plus water
Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I will give you three answers and I'm ignoring your posts thereafter.... it's just too damned painful.

1) Test the dimmer for gauge lighting. Just pull it out and jumper the White wire with green stripe to the White wire with the black stripe.

2) Test/replace the radiator cap and test the pH of the coolant to make sure the HG didn't blow again... just because you just fixed it doesn't mean that you *fixed* it.

3) 50/50 coolant is premixed, you do not add more water to it. It's not going to do any short term damage in warm environments but does not protect against dielectric erosion as it should.

-Goodbye.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote