Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Cyto is on a distinguished road
Default Questions - maybe problems.

Alright, well... Since I've got that pesky little turbo fixed. I started to work on other things.. Here goes my questions:

1st: The "AntiLock" light... Is it supposed to be on all the time? Mine is.

2nd: The "O/D OFF" Light sometimes flashes, and the tranny won't shift down sometimes. (I take off in 2nd gear sometimes).

The tranny problem isn't on my top priority list, unless it's a quick fix. I'm swapping it with a W58, out of a 89+ model black supra i found up the road from my house. I haven't gotten a good look at it, but I think it may be one of those special touring edition ones... I'm buying it cheap. shh don't tell them lol

I might have to sell it to help pay for school so here's the link.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post72357
Cyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

ABS diagnostics:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...ection=BR&P=51

Auto Transmissions diagnostics:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...aspx?S=AT&P=14

If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
mirage83
12psi boost

mirage83 is on a distinguished road

No, your ABS light shouldn'd be on all the time. Probably bad wiring to one of the hubs. Mine was bad going to my driverside-front and I'll probably get around to fixing it eventually. Check the wiring for fraying, etc. at the hubs. Hopefully that'll take care of it.

Same-same with my O/D Off indicator. I'm hoping it's just the wiring to the O/D switch on the shifter. Unfortunately, yours is likely more serious since you're having problems with tranny itself. Swapping the tranny should fix it though, good luck with your replacement find.

And if of course all else fails, check the diagnostic charts Cre posted. Personally I tend to leave those as last resorts, but to each their own.
mirage83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage83 View Post
And if of course all else fails, check the diagnostic charts Cre posted. Personally I tend to leave those as last resorts, but to each their own.
So you'd rather spend hours upon hours chasing after what you HOPE is a short somewhere in hundreds of feet of wiring than start with checking diagnostic codes which will tell you the specific trouble region very quickly? You're an odd monkey.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
mirage83
12psi boost

Yeah, I have been accused of that ocassionally. But just imagine how much more on-hands knowledge I'll acquire going through all that wiring instead of simply going straight to the problem.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Heh, been there done that... I've spent an entire day before trying to find an electrical bug.... posted about it on a forum (just to vent not looking for a solution) and someone asked if I worked through the flow chart in the service manual... I grumbled, but did look. Next day I went out and it was something like item #3 on the cart! Took all of 20 minutes to fix. But yeah, I've learned a LOT from exploratory surgeries on the Supe.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
Cyto
3" Exhaust

wow they're a friggin blink code diagnostics for everything....

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
mirage83
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyto View Post
wow they're a friggin blink code diagnostics for everything....
For some reason I was thinking you ran a Super Monitor, or used to at any rate. Makes it a breeze to check for codes without having to decide if the light blinked or you did.

What codes is it giving you?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
corrosivecopper
Stock

corrosivecopper is on a distinguished road

Quoting Cyto - 'The tranny problem isn't on my top priority list, unless it's a quick fix. I'm swapping it with a W58, out of a 89+ model black supra i found up the road from my house'..Sorry guys, don't know how to highlight user comments.. Your car came stock with a turbo right? Any other solution than downgrading your tranny to the W58? Unless somethings been changed you should have the R154 tranny which is way better than the W58. If the one on your car is that bad perhaps getting that car for cheap is the least inexpensive way for repairs I suppose, and you've got a parts car lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #10
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosivecopper View Post
Quoting Cyto - 'The tranny problem isn't on my top priority list, unless it's a quick fix. I'm swapping it with a W58, out of a 89+ model black supra i found up the road from my house'..Sorry guys, don't know how to highlight user comments.. Your car came stock with a turbo right? Any other solution than downgrading your tranny to the W58? Unless somethings been changed you should have the R154 tranny which is way better than the W58. If the one on your car is that bad perhaps getting that car for cheap is the least inexpensive way for repairs I suppose, and you've got a parts car lol.
I'm not sure if it's the W58 or not.. Just guessing..

Even if it does have it.. I like the gear ratio in the W58, it doesn't require modification.. and I'm not running anything higher than my CT26 right now. If my funds will allow me to turn my 7m into a god, I'll switch to the R154.

I got the tranny codes: 42, 61, 62, 63

x.x