Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
suicidal
Stock

suicidal is on a distinguished road
Default slight shift issues

i just put a new clutch and slave cyl in the car and now i am having some problems shifting and if i dont burry the clutch pedal to the floor sometimes it wants to stall out. any ideas?
suicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Androidrc
Stock

Androidrc is on a distinguished road
Default clutch

I actually ran into this issue yesterday at work...but on a subaru legacy. after what we thought was a thorough bleed of the clutch line it turned out there was a little hidden air in the system. My advice would be to BLEED THE CRAP out of it over and over again. if after a reasonable time if it still isn't working i would suspect perhaps the clutch fork was bent (unlikely) or maybe the flywheel is too thin if you had it machined. sorry if i missed something it's late haha hopefully this is somewhat helpful
Androidrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
suicidal
Stock

i just found a guy that a friend knows and he is apparently a supra guru and he was saying change the tranny fluid. im still gonna bleed the clutch cause it felt better with the old slave cyl then the new one.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal View Post
he is apparently a supra guru and he was saying change the tranny fluid
He is an idiot if he thinks the gear oil is going to affect the slave cylinder not moving far enough. I just love it when someone meets a supra guru.... he's not from Texas is he?

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned "stage 2 clutch" in your sig... is this whole setup new? If so, specifically what clutch kit did you install and what was in to begin with? Up graded clutches generally require more foot pressure and don't slip as readily as OEM. (Changing gear oil still has nothing to do with this... although it's not a bad idea in its own right. )
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 12-25-2009 at 02:58 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
suicidal
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
He is an idiot if he thinks the gear oil is going to affect the slave cylinder not moving far enough. I just love it when someone meets a supra guru.... he's not from Texas is he?

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned "stage 2 clutch" in your sig... is this whole setup new? If so, specifically what clutch kit did you install and what was in to begin with? Up graded clutches generally require more foot pressure and don't slip as readily as OEM. (Changing gear oil still has nothing to do with this... although it's not a bad idea in its own right. )
he was saying could be low or needed to be changed. sorry if i miss lead on anything. im not trying to sound like an idiot on anything but im new to supras, imports, etc. what could it be? if i remember right it was an exedy clutch if that sounds right. the box was black and with purple designs. also if it helps i was driving yesterday and if i press the clutch in and then act like im going to shift but let it hover over the gear i want it will actually slide in w/o grinding. im just looking for help.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Well, saying idiot was harsh and I'm not saying you're one either. I didn't hear precisely what your friend said, so I have no idea you merely misheard or misunderstood.

Androidrc is right, start with bleeding the system then adjust the clutch pedal.

Replacing the gear oil inside the transmission is a good idea; It doesn't affect clutch engagement, but it does help make for smoother shifting.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
suicidal
Stock

ok cool ill try this out if its dry tomorrow.