Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #21
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

Most villians already know how to rob banks dude.
That's what makes them villians.

You want a 1jz. But you haven't put any research into it.
I think you know just what need happen.

You should stop asking the q's that get asked in here weekly and
read around the forum..

Those of us that bust hump on our rides don't always give out every little tid bit we learned and someday. You'll be the person with a thrashed ride.
Because you took some ones word for it and didn't research.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #22
The Supra Villain
Stock

The Supra Villain is on a distinguished road

Why would I go search for it when I can get it straight from the horses mouth? I'm pretty sure when you were new to your Supra, you didn't just lay back and do "research". I am curious about the car and want to know more about what I can do to it.
The Supra Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:12 AM   #23
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Supramacist is right. Research is the best thing to do. Problem with just asking the question is that anyone who thinks they know about what they're saying could give you some wrong info and destroy whatever it is you were fixing at the time. When you research, it's all older posts that have been argued over and tried, so you get some definitive results. Also you get the benefit of checking outside of the forum and maybe picking up some new info so you can school some of the members on here when you come back with your new found knowledge.

It's not that nobody wants to help you, it's just that these are kind of commonly discussed topics, and we know you can find most of your answers by doing a little snooping around.

It's like that saying "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life". Get used to the research now, it'll help ALOT down the road.

Good luck, and if you need more help after researching, then come back and ask away
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
The Supra Villain
Stock

I didn't say I wans't going to do any research, I just figured if I got the info from someone who actually did the swap, that they would know whats up.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #25
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

No one just swaps 1jz's man.
They are the most difficult swap to pull off.
It's like you may as well go ahead and convert it to rhd as well.

And chilling the heck out wouldn't hurt either.
No one wants to talk to a chode. That why I only respond.
Ba doom boom tsss.

Last edited by supramacist; 03-18-2008 at 02:51 PM.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #26
The Supra Villain
Stock

I wasn't trying to be a dick, or sarcastic, like yourself.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #27
supradaddy0803
12psi boost

supradaddy0803 is on a distinguished road

Chill everyone Supramacist is right it is a pain in the ass swap I have dont it and beleive me it took me a month to get all the parts and everything right. It all depends on how mechanically inclined you are really I have been working on cars since I was 13 and now am 29, Plus I have worked on jet engines not really related but still something. The 1JZ comes from a supra so you know it will fit right but there are some differences like engine mounts if you are a pre 89. The driveshaft may be different. the are some harnesses that have to be swapped. Power steering lines different. Buy the clip and you will get everything you will need except a driveshaft and power steering hose. Like everyone has said I know I personnally have went over this quite a few times for people I have even helped out a guy near me that wanted to do it. But I also went on here and researched the whole thing before I asked any questions about it. You think the people are dicks on here if you ask a question that has been gone over try supramania. They really go off of people that ask stuff like that.
Tokico pillow blocks
Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bar
HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust plus test pipe
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller
HKS type 1 turbo timer
Supra sport solid steel drive shaft
Walboro 255 fuel pump
JZA70 Front end mod
18" Volk Racing AV3 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear
supradaddy0803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #28
abhattan
3" Exhaust

abhattan is on a distinguished road

I think you should just take your time with the car. Don't start beating the crap out of the car and then to find out that you need to do this and that. Believe me, I had a B16A in an '89 CRX. Did the swap thing, all motor thing, and honestly, Hondas are a lot more cheaper and easier to work on. Just as an example, the book time to change a head gasket on a Honda about 4.5 hours, with everything. On this car, the 7M head gasket swap is 16 hours. That doesn't mean it will take that long, but you get the idea. Do your research and ask around (the right people) and you should be fine.
I am lucky, I have been working on cars since I was 12 and am also 29 now. Did alot of import and domestic performance, so I know exactly what I'm getting into when I start something with this car. That's why I have another engine and rebuilding it my self on the side while I drive the car around everyday. Good luck and get a metal head gasket with some studs!
Soon to be rebuilt (All to some extent)
abhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #29
mkiiisupra
Lexus & 550's

mkiiisupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Supra Villain View Post
I didn't say I wans't going to do any research, I just figured if I got the info from someone who actually did the swap, that they would know whats up.
Thats what people keep telling you...

People have done the research and the info is out there. Why should anyone here spell it out for you when it has already spelled out.

I am lucky and i have job where i do very little expect sit in front of a computer with plenty of time to read. There is alot of info out there on anything you could think of. Find it. Read it. read it again. If stumped then you

Post a question about it, post where you found the info, post what you did to fgire it out, how exactly you are stumped.... Thats when people help, when there is a new question...

Sure we have all asked stupid questions here. and have all been told to go research it lol
mkiiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:09 AM   #30
dfarah
Stock

dfarah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Supra Villain View Post
Hey, I'm Nick. I just sold my 1994 Acura parts Integra GSR (I miss it everyday) and I am going to pick up my buddy's turbo MK3 in a little bit. I was wondering though, does anybody recommend a newer, quicker spooling turbo that I can slap on this bad boy?
Aww.. I also have a 1994 Acura Integra and upon hearing your story it really makes me down. Can we see your new ride?

Last edited by dfarah; 11-14-2008 at 02:12 AM.
dfarah is offline   Reply With Quote