Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKII Supra

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:28 AM   #21
Dboz
Stock

Dboz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Again look at the dynamics and the kenetics of the 2 different styles of motors. Physics in its own tels you that balancing a v motor is much more difficult than a inline. I said a v8 can make more power because of its displacement but just like a v6 it wil have troubles on the stock internals when exceeding over 500hp. If you dont beleive me go and ask any ford or GM dealership . The reason why the 2jz is so heavy is cause its a cast iron block. But most v6 and v8 are cast iron too. Also do you have a link for this le mans supra?
http://www.toyota-f1.com/public/en/s...oyota_car.html

thats the link .. scroll down and the castrol supra is a 3sgte

http://kaferjca0.tripod.com/3sgteinfo.htm

another link

alot of the v8's from GM is pushing out 1000whp.. if you look at all the drag races .. street class.. mustangs that are doing 7 seconds are using v8's.. they are destroying supras.. im sure you can find them all over google.. look for outlaw mustangs..

a 5vz-fe is a 3.4 litre cast iron block v6 .. it weighs less then a 2jz for sure..

im not here to debate if a 2jz is a bad engine.. i think its one of the best I6's out there for getting monster power.. but saying a V6 or V8 cant be made to put out more hp then I6 i think is a serious misconception

the celica drag car utilizes a 1uz-2uz v8 combo pushing out 1500hp.. its on that 1uzfe.com site...

Last edited by Dboz; 12-30-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:12 AM   #22
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboz
http://www.toyota-f1.com/public/en/s...oyota_car.html

thats the link .. scroll down and the castrol supra is a 3sgte

http://kaferjca0.tripod.com/3sgteinfo.htm

another link

alot of the v8's from GM is pushing out 1000whp.. if you look at all the drag races .. street class.. mustangs that are doing 7 seconds are using v8's.. they are destroying supras.. im sure you can find them all over google.. look for outlaw mustangs..

a 5vz-fe is a 3.4 litre cast iron block v6 .. it weighs less then a 2jz for sure..

im not here to debate if a 2jz is a bad engine.. i think its one of the best I6's out there for getting monster power.. but saying a V6 or V8 cant be made to put out more hp then I6 i think is a serious misconception

the celica drag car utilizes a 1uz-2uz v8 combo pushing out 1500hp.. its on that 1uzfe.com site...
Again I am not here to debate that v8 or v6 can produce alot of power. I am saying they cant on the stock bottom end. My friends shop mustang is twin turboes and is putting out mroe than 2000whp. So I have no doubt that v8's can put out alot of power
Old 12-30-2005, 04:28 AM   #23
hangsupra
12psi boost

hangsupra is on a distinguished road
Talking

heheh... nice debate up on here...
Old 12-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #24
Dboz
Stock

Quote:
Again I am not here to debate that v8 or v6 can produce alot of power. I am saying they cant on the stock bottom end. My friends shop mustang is twin turboes and is putting out mroe than 2000whp. So I have no doubt that v8's can put out alot of power
well you stated that a v6 or any v shaped motor is not gonna produce power .. that is the impression im getting from your statements..

just the fact the 2jz has a super buttom end dosent mean it has anything to do with its a I6.. it just has a super duper strong buttom end and i agree.. forged everything.. iron cast block.. built like a tank.. it can produce sooo much power..

well a 2jz is out of the question for my project.. there is NO way im gonna get that engine in the MR2.. without some serious frame and body modifications..
Old 12-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #25
Dboz
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangsupra
heheh... nice debate up on here...
just so everyone knows im not here to cause any trouble!!! im new here and not the type of guy to pick fights!!! i love supras and all toyotas =D
Old 12-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #26
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

well... it was a "heated" discussion but not a total disaster hence i left it to roll on

but mind you... i will use a ban stick if ppl get too naughty

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #27
Dboz
Stock

lol i havent said anything personal or offencive..

you dont have to tell me that.. mr2oc is one of the strictest car forums out there on that kind of stuff..
Old 12-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #28
mkIIruckusbass
Stock

mkIIruckusbass is on a distinguished road

Great, yet informative discussion. Learned alot. I do have a little input though. I think it is hard to compare V8 or V6 to I6. That is about like comparing apples to oranges to bananas. Many people prefer V configurations. Others I configurations. Cant we all just get along. They all have good points, especially if made by Toyota. Oh yeah, that is one sweet Supra! I am sure the owner is very proud. This has definately sparked my interest in the 1uz. As far as any engine is concerned, as long as you have $$, it can be made fast and dependable, that is of course, unless, it is my wifes kia(dont laugh).
Old 12-31-2005, 02:43 AM   #29
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well you stated that a v6 or any v shaped motor is not gonna produce power .. that is the impression im getting from your statements..
Really? Because thei is what I said. Where do you get that from this down here? I would appreicate t if you didnt putwords in my mouth. Thank you

Quote:
Now I dont want to sound like an a$, but I do know for a fact that
usual v style motors are very complicated due to the balancing issue. When pushing over 550 hp on a v style motor the balancing becomes an issue and then renders thay setup useless unless you do forged goodies and blueprinting.
Quote:
well a 2jz is out of the question for my project.. there is NO way im gonna get that engine in the MR2.. without some serious frame and body modifications..
Why dont you just build your motor up instead of swapping?

Quote:
well... it was a "heated" discussion but not a total disaster hence i left it to roll on

but mind you... i will use a ban stick if ppl get too naughty
OK we will play nice.

Quote:
As far as any engine is concerned, as long as you have $, it can be made fast and dependable, that is of course, unless, it is my wifes kia(dont laugh).
Thats the key right there.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:57 AM   #30
Dboz
Stock

Quote:
Now I dont want to sound like an a$$, but I do know for a fact that usual v style motors are very complicated due to the balancing issue. When pushing over 550 hp on a v style motor the balancing becomes an issue and then renders thay setup useless unless you do forged goodies and blueprinting.

Also another thing to mention is the VQ 35 or the VK45 motors which happen to be V6 and V8 are both having the same issues. I can prove this to you cause I have a couple buddies that have these cars and motors. They should have kept the RB series instead of changing them to the V6 and V8.

Also do you have a link for this motor swap? I would love to see it. Thanks
?????

you just stated here that V style motors are very complicated..

and that is NOT the issue.. its just that the 2jz COMES with a built block.. i dont need to BLUEPRINT a 5vz-fe to get massive power out of it.. or a 1UZ-FE .. its done with just putting in forged goodies.. that HAS NOTHING to do with the style of motor.. its just wat was used on the buttom END
Closed Thread