Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkii-supra/)
-   -   Has anyone done a 1UZ-FE MK2 Supra? (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkii-supra/2814-has-anyone-done-a-1uz-fe-mk2-supra.html)

Dboz 12-24-2005 12:40 AM

Has anyone done a 1UZ-FE MK2 Supra?

i have seen a 2JZ MK2 supra b4

but was wondering if anyone done a 1UZ.. i would think it would be so sweet..

SKILMATIC 12-24-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dboz
i have seen a 2JZ MK2 supra b4

but was wondering if anyone done a 1UZ.. i would think it would be so sweet..

A 1UZ? Is thatbthe same as the 1JZ?

Dboz 12-24-2005 11:59 AM

no

its a Lexus LS400 engine

v8

i know of some guys who put it their MK4 supras

in a way its superior over the 2jz.. since a 1UZ is an overbuilt engine just like a 2jz.. it was used in the le mans MR2 car.. its cheap to find.. they go for anywhere 300-1000$.. i have a MR2 and my dream was to put a 1UZ in there but its way too much work.. so im putting in a 5vz-fe which handles boost VERY well.. its a wonderful engine

and now the the supras are using 3UZ.. but the 1UZ is superior to the 3UZ for boost purposes

it was voted one of the top ten engines of the year twice

SKILMATIC 12-25-2005 04:27 AM

Quote:

no

its a Lexus LS400 engine

v8

i know of some guys who put it their MK4 supras

in a way its superior over the 2jz.. since a 1UZ is an overbuilt engine just like a 2jz.. it was used in the le mans MR2 car.. its cheap to find.. they go for anywhere 300-1000$.. i have a MR2 and my dream was to put a 1UZ in there but its way too much work.. so im putting in a 5vz-fe which handles boost VERY well.. its a wonderful engine

and now the the supras are using 3UZ.. but the 1UZ is superior to the 3UZ for boost purposes

it was voted one of the top ten engines of the year twice

Now I dont want to sound like an a$$, but I do know for a fact that usual v style motors are very complicated due to the balancing issue. When pushing over 550 hp on a v style motor the balancing becomes an issue and then renders thay setup useless unless you do forged goodies and blueprinting.

Also another thing to mention is the VQ 35 or the VK45 motors which happen to be V6 and V8 are both having the same issues. I can prove this to you cause I have a couple buddies that have these cars and motors. They should have kept the RB series instead of changing them to the V6 and V8.

Also do you have a link for this motor swap? I would love to see it. Thanks

Dboz 12-28-2005 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Now I dont want to sound like an a$$, but I do know for a fact that usual v style motors are very complicated due to the balancing issue. When pushing over 550 hp on a v style motor the balancing becomes an issue and then renders thay setup useless unless you do forged goodies and blueprinting.

Also another thing to mention is the VQ 35 or the VK45 motors which happen to be V6 and V8 are both having the same issues. I can prove this to you cause I have a couple buddies that have these cars and motors. They should have kept the RB series instead of changing them to the V6 and V8.

Also do you have a link for this motor swap? I would love to see it. Thanks

a 60 degree twin blancer V6 is just as balanced as a I6

here's alot of info on the 1uz-fe

www.1uzfe.com

no offense to alot of supra guys with 2jz's.. but IMO a 1uz-fe is superior.. espacilly with the costs in voloved.. you can buy a 1uz-fe and still have like 4000$ extra to play around with over buying a 2jz used..

SKILMATIC 12-28-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

a 60 degree twin blancer V6 is just as balanced as a I6

here's alot of info on the 1uz-fe

www.1uzfe.com

no offense to alot of supra guys with 2jz's.. but IMO a 1uz-fe is superior.. espacilly with the costs in voloved.. you can buy a 1uz-fe and still have like 4000$ extra to play around with over buying a 2jz used..

Maybe I am not looking in the right spot but your link didnt provide any balance specs whatsoever. Look, you can preach to me all you want about the similarities of balancing a v style to a inline style motor the fact still remains the inlins 6 has been able to put out more power more safely stock than the v style motors. For example, look at the 350z or even the gs 35 which are the same motor which is a vq35. Now you cant tell me for stock block to stock block that the vq35 is a better motor.

The 2jz stock can put out more than 800to the wheels without any problems. You can barely get a stock vq35 to hit 550 without having internal problems. If you dont beleive me I have the dsport mag and people who own the car to prove it. We can talk all day about these matters but what its going to come down to is what really works and what reality says to us.

I can show you a handful of supras that have reached the benchmark of 800rwhp on stock bottom ends. O the other hand, it would literaly be a challenge for me to find 1 350z or g35 or any other v6 for that matter that has reached that very same mark and works great on the stock bottom end.

hangsupra 12-28-2005 05:30 AM

Good point Skilmatic you right.

Dboz 12-28-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Maybe I am not looking in the right spot but your link didnt provide any balance specs whatsoever. Look, you can preach to me all you want about the similarities of balancing a v style to a inline style motor the fact still remains the inlins 6 has been able to put out more power more safely stock than the v style motors. For example, look at the 350z or even the gs 35 which are the same motor which is a vq35. Now you cant tell me for stock block to stock block that the vq35 is a better motor.

The 2jz stock can put out more than 800to the wheels without any problems. You can barely get a stock vq35 to hit 550 without having internal problems. If you dont beleive me I have the dsport mag and people who own the car to prove it. We can talk all day about these matters but what its going to come down to is what really works and what reality says to us.

I can show you a handful of supras that have reached the benchmark of 800rwhp on stock bottom ends. O the other hand, it would literaly be a challenge for me to find 1 350z or g35 or any other v6 for that matter that has reached that very same mark and works great on the stock bottom end.

okee the I6 vs V shaped motors .. i think your very wrong on that.. people with mustangs can pump out 800rwhp easily with very little money.. its a V8 and they dont run into balancing issues..

the I6 idea of better balancing is not the issue why the 2jz makes monster power relatively easily.. its the whole design of the engine plus the materials used.. forged pistons+rods on a iron cast buttom end.. all toyotas engines have insane crankshafts..

800whp on a stock engine?.. i would think you would have to change the cams to do that.. plus thats on race fuel..

there are daily driven 500whp on street gas 1uz-fe's out there.. 14-15PSI.. stock engine.. its not the buttom end that has the issue with any toyota engines.. alot of them are built like a tank.. vz, jz, uz.. even the 3sgte has a very strong buttom end.. pumping out 400whp on a 2 litre I4 on street gas.. its been done..

oh and here's an article about balancing of a I6 and V6
http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...ne/smooth3.htm

suprra_girl 12-29-2005 02:12 AM

oh noesssssss... are we having a small debate?? hehe

ya wanted to see 1uz... well here's one ;)
supercharged as well :p
http://www.supra.co.nz/personal/Ewansmk2.jpg

http://www.supra.co.nz/personal/Ewansmk2a.jpg

SKILMATIC 12-29-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

okee the I6 vs V shaped motors .. i think your very wrong on that.. people with mustangs can pump out 800rwhp easily with very little money.. its a V8 and they dont run into balancing issues..

the I6 idea of better balancing is not the issue why the 2jz makes monster power relatively easily.. its the whole design of the engine plus the materials used.. forged pistons+rods on a iron cast buttom end.. all toyotas engines have insane crankshafts..

800whp on a stock engine?.. i would think you would have to change the cams to do that.. plus thats on race fuel..

there are daily driven 500whp on street gas 1uz-fe's out there.. 14-15PSI.. stock engine.. its not the buttom end that has the issue with any toyota engines.. alot of them are built like a tank.. vz, jz, uz.. even the 3sgte has a very strong buttom end.. pumping out 400whp on a 2 litre I4 on street gas.. its been done..

oh and here's an article about balancing of a I6 and V6
http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...ne/smooth3.htm

Again your argument is once again flawed. You cant equivocate a 8cylinder motor to a 6 cylinder one. I am talking about v6/I6. Not V8/I6. And I know all about the V8 as my dad has a mustang GT. Even those motors are having trouble exceed 550rwhp on the stock bottom end. I know this cause we just put a blower on it. Even at 514rwhp it periodically goes into fail safe. There was also a guy that bought a 05 GT and put a blower on it from JBA and it was doing about 565hp and a week later he blew his motor due to a rod bearing cracking in half then caused the piston to bend the valves. This was caused by the inbalance of boost pressure into each cylinder. When this occurs one sides pistons are being pushed down harder while the others arent as much. When this happens on a v8 your crank starts to bend due to the differences of pressure on 2 different places. Ever try making a motor work on a bent crank? Its not a very pretty picture I can assure you. I am sure you can picture the rest.

To your 3rd paragraph. I dont know if you have read my posts but I have repeatedly said A"stock bottom end" I never said stock top end. Of course to get 800hp you will need better airflow. But the bottom end you dont have to touch while as every single v style motor you have to tear apart the bottom end and put better internals and blueprint and balance the motor better.

Inregards to your last paragraph. I agree with you. Every single toyota motor produced has literaly been strong. However, the facts still remain I6 bottom ends are much better to deal with than v6's.

Again let me make myself very clear. In my opinion you can get more power out of a V8 than a I6 but the V8 must be built right for that kind of hp. Now if a v6 was built right I would still say the I6 would be faster if they were the same displacement reason why is becasue a I6 has less metal due to the shape of the motor. A V6 weighs more. Therefore if placed in a vehicle of the same weight the I6 would win due to less weight.