Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Supra Specific > Drifting

Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 AM   #11
hangsupra
12psi boost

hangsupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejvid1785
Can anyone in here that really knows how to drift explain how to do it, when u say kick the clutch what are u actually doin? I have tried drifting many times, i do ok, but most of the time i drift and all of a sudden it tricks me and i go into a 180 spin. Someone help, i don't wanna wreck my car "trying" to drift, i was also told that if u know what ur doing, u can drift ANY car.
i not so sure bout the kick the clutch but to me i think they were just talking about the double clutch. but i not so sure bout that tho. cause to me i use alot of double clutch n double gas and down shift alot. well.... if you are a biginning.... i recommand you to do on a big space like a skool parking lot but no light pole near by tho... n far away from town so you wouldnt get caught by the pig... try to go first n second gear first n at 25-40mph. do not go higher then that. cause you not their yeah. so try to do a sharp turn like 90* first... when you good at that.... try to do a 360* @25-30mph... do not go higher than that. if you do than you might flip over. when you get better n better go to a street road where its wide n no lots of car coming.... like out in the country side.... n try to do the sharp turn at the corner first. try doing at 30-40mph. first. n when you getting better go higher to 50mph... but you must know how to down shift n double clutch/gas at the right time tho. if you dont know how to down shift at the right time then you will ran over your rpm limet.... if you does that lots of times then you will having trouble with your motor tho... well.. when you get better after all you can do whatever stunt you want it to be... well.. this is only for a short drift only. if you need a long drift... you really or do need to up grade your water pump n other stuff to. why... cause long drip trust me.... if you not upgrade some part you will over heating your car. n soon or later you will have a bhg tho.... how do i know. i drift my mk2 ever since '01-02 till now... n i went their before n thats why i know it... well hope this help you little bit. well anyone help me out if i wrong.... well all this info. is my knowledge only.... n this is what i were doing only... n i not sure about other people if they do the same as me. but hope someone does the same like i did too... i hope someone out their beside me must know how to drift to. hope they will provide some more info. about drift. to you to. cause i only know the demostration not the infomation part... so i sorry if this didnt help you...
hangsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #12
x3jj3x
Stock

x3jj3x is on a distinguished road

well anyways 1987 toyota supra for sale

it is white with dark blue cloth interior, interior is perfect, body is as of a 18 year old carcouple of dings here and there. it has 98000 miles on it it is an n/a and an auto, if any one here wants a car to work on this is it.

the only thing that is wrong with it is, it has a blown head gasket, so if theres any takers give me your best offers want some pics give me a holler xx3jj3xx@yahoo.com and for more questions and info. l8ters
x3jj3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #13
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

when i mean clutch kick i didnt mean a double clutch... dont double clutch its easier to rev match anyways using heel and toe, when u clutch kick...u floor the clutch pedal as fast as u can...while downshifting this will transfer all your weight to teh front...u have to do this before you enter the corner.. as a result u lose traction..u need some speed while doing this...the traction in teh rear breaks loose and you can control the slide using the throttle..too much and ull spin out..too little and the car will understeer a little lose a little speed and gain traction...this requires a lot of practice...for beginners try powersliding first to get used to the slide...try it in teh rain or snow as it is easier to break traction, as for the motor...trying it on a stock motor is dumb... real dumb you need an efficient cooling system and you will need to address everything that relates to cooling, not just teh radiator and the fluid...also teh motor needs to be beefed up, stock internals wont last long after the first couple runs, as for the shifting..it needs to be kept at high rpms...i would say within 1000rpms of your redline...if you ahve a larger powerband you can go a little lower...otherwise u lose too much speed and itll be harder to slide...using the clutch kick allows teh driver more control.. no more jerking the wheel from one side to the other to transfer weight.. this is harder to do but it gives you the most control as u basically control it from initial break in traction...once you lose traction you basically use the ebrake to fine tune the angle of entry..more ebrake=steeper angle, addressing the double clutch again...its too slow and it take too damn long to shift gears... unless you are quick with your feet you will prove me wrong, a lot of guys i talk to use rev matching which is once you hit the clutch you pop the throttle for a quick second before you slot it into the next gear...this usually puts the synchros in teh right spot and maintains rpm and speed, its quicker... so learn the heel and toe method it helps a lot...some people use the side of the foot but its a little harder i think, hope this clears up some of the air
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #14
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

The supra may be heavy. But by no means will it not drift. I can drift my car fairly easy. The other day i did it with me and 3 other people in the car. There are a few type of drifts. You may kno them or you may not. There is the feign drift where u turn the opposite way a little and then whip over the steering while shifting down and giving it gas. There's the e-brake way where you hit the e-brake to start going sideways and immediately give it gas. The way i use, which is start the turn a little, shift down a gear, rev up to about 4500-5000 rpm and let go of the clutch. NEVER DRIFT IN THE RAIN! Bad things WILL happen. The only time i've ever lost control of my car was drifting in the rain. Didnt hit anything luckily because i was drifting into a neighborhood and i didnt notice that the street pavement changed to that slippery black tar when i entered the neighborhood. Always keep your finger on the e-brake release button. I keep my pointer finger pressed on it. But thats just easier for me. And i'm definitely not a professional driver. I'm only 18. But be careful when you do drift. Do it in open areas. I can't stress that enough.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:33 AM   #15
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3jj3x
anyone have any info about drifting a supra with auto tranny,

techniques?
setup?
downside?
upside?
manual conversion?

any other info would be great thank you
In my experience with drifting. And I am o drift king by any means, lol. But you really dont drift in an auto its more of a powerslide. So in order to drift you need a manual. Simple as that.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #16
SilverMKIII
Stock

SilverMKIII is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejvid1785
Can anyone in here that really knows how to drift explain how to do it, when u say kick the clutch what are u actually doin? I have tried drifting many times, i do ok, but most of the time i drift and all of a sudden it tricks me and i go into a 180 spin. Someone help, i don't wanna wreck my car "trying" to drift, i was also told that if u know what ur doing, u can drift ANY car.
There are a few different ways to begin a drift, as someone has already stated a "clutch kick" this simply means being in lower gear, putting your foot on the gas to either have your RPMs already high or in some cases be in boost and drop the clutch as you jerk the wheel in the direction of the turn, this breaks the back wheels loose, as soon as they break countersteer to keep the car roughly straight feathering the gas to keep the back end out but not spin out, common sense wise more gas = more angle, less gas = less angle.. Your best bet is to find a decently damp but not soaking wet open area, parking lots attract attention but if so, try to find one without many poles in the way.. a good way to practice is to not try and do a doughnut but to try a circle keeping your back end out without spinning out or loseing your angle, practice both ways and get comfortable.. lemme know if you have any questions.. Good Luck
SilverMKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #17
spoonfed
Stock

spoonfed is on a distinguished road

yeah a manual is way easier to drift
spoonfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #18
kerpal
Stock

kerpal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangsupra View Post
well i not experience drift on the auto... but back in the day before my auto body part to manual conversion and also do the turbo conversion in my mk2 supra.... i kind of drift on the auto. n its not that hard to. usually you do need alot of the E-brake n alots of the gas n double gas... but i have a friend who drift his mk2 auto. he do the same as i did before my convrsion to. one thing on the mk2 supra when you drift. do not turn your over drive on when you go under 50mph..... if you do many time then you will f@ck up your tranny tho. so try not to use your overdrive..... correct me if i wrong people...
Man, I'm still having a hard time drifting with manual or the automatic transmission... Help me please
kerpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #19
suprabahamut
3" Exhaust

suprabahamut is on a distinguished road

There is a guy at NOPI who drifts in an automatic 350z, pretty sweet.
suprabahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #20
thomasz
Stock

thomasz is on a distinguished road

thanks for your advertising. I would consider contacting to your company.
thomasz is offline   Reply With Quote