View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #13
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

when i mean clutch kick i didnt mean a double clutch... dont double clutch its easier to rev match anyways using heel and toe, when u clutch kick...u floor the clutch pedal as fast as u can...while downshifting this will transfer all your weight to teh front...u have to do this before you enter the corner.. as a result u lose traction..u need some speed while doing this...the traction in teh rear breaks loose and you can control the slide using the throttle..too much and ull spin out..too little and the car will understeer a little lose a little speed and gain traction...this requires a lot of practice...for beginners try powersliding first to get used to the slide...try it in teh rain or snow as it is easier to break traction, as for the motor...trying it on a stock motor is dumb... real dumb you need an efficient cooling system and you will need to address everything that relates to cooling, not just teh radiator and the fluid...also teh motor needs to be beefed up, stock internals wont last long after the first couple runs, as for the shifting..it needs to be kept at high rpms...i would say within 1000rpms of your redline...if you ahve a larger powerband you can go a little lower...otherwise u lose too much speed and itll be harder to slide...using the clutch kick allows teh driver more control.. no more jerking the wheel from one side to the other to transfer weight.. this is harder to do but it gives you the most control as u basically control it from initial break in traction...once you lose traction you basically use the ebrake to fine tune the angle of entry..more ebrake=steeper angle, addressing the double clutch again...its too slow and it take too damn long to shift gears... unless you are quick with your feet you will prove me wrong, a lot of guys i talk to use rev matching which is once you hit the clutch you pop the throttle for a quick second before you slot it into the next gear...this usually puts the synchros in teh right spot and maintains rpm and speed, its quicker... so learn the heel and toe method it helps a lot...some people use the side of the foot but its a little harder i think, hope this clears up some of the air
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote