Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Supra Specific > Car Audio and Alarms

Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
OfnaRcR
3" Exhaust

OfnaRcR is on a distinguished road

I just had my first alarm experience. Just a bit ago(2:45 am) i was testing a few things in my stereo. I just built door pods and wanted to hear how they sound so i went somewhere secluded. In the middle of it all i locked my door from the inside and coninued listening. After i was done i put in my key and off i went. Just a few seconds later i hear my alarm go off and my lights are flashing. WTF. I was stranded there and couldn't get my car started so i had to get a friend to tow me.
Can i just go to toyota and get a key-thingy to arm, unarm, my alarm?
OfnaRcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #12
OfnaRcR
3" Exhaust

OfnaRcR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaRcR
I just had my first alarm experience. Just a bit ago(2:45 am) i was testing a few things in my stereo. I just built door pods and wanted to hear how they sound so i went somewhere secluded. In the middle of it all i locked my door from the inside and coninued listening. After i was done i put in my key and off i went. Just a few seconds later i hear my alarm go off and my lights are flashing. WTF. I was stranded there and couldn't get my car started so i had to get a friend to tow me.
Can i just go to toyota and get a key-thingy to arm, unarm, my alarm?
Appearently what the guy said was they didn't make a key fop for my year. What he told me to do is unlock my car from the passanger side every time. Was the car designed to be like this? Seems kinda stupid to me.
OfnaRcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #13
redmaro
walbro fp

redmaro is on a distinguished road

I also have to unlock my car from my drivers side or the alarm will go off. I dont know why but this started just a few weeks ago, it didnt do it before.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
deep32
Stock

deep32 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Always remember to disconnect the battery when you are away.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
Cyberguy1992
Stock

Cyberguy1992 is on a distinguished road

ever since i put a remote start on my car ith the keyless entry my factory alarm sets itself sometimes when lock it with the remote then no matter how i unloc it the alarm goes off.
so i was going to try to fix this problem by puling the fuse and cutting all the factory wires that go to the locking system. and put in my own wiring setup using only the factory motors and switches. Just havn't got around to it yet.
Cyberguy1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #16
Cyberguy1992
Stock

Cyberguy1992 is on a distinguished road
Default wiring diagrams

Here are some diagrams that may or may not be useful
it might load kind of slow..

http://cyberguy1992.3d-game.com/mk3suprawiring/
Cyberguy1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #17
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road

so it seems that many people have this problem, because my 86.5 non turbo has done it several times at like 7 in the morning as well! So annoying... so does anyone have a solution besides disconnecting the battery or going through the passenger side? lol
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #18
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You've got a couple options, including: remove the stock alarm system and install an aftermarket; replace the switches mounted to the back of the lock cylinders; integrate the stock system with a keyless entry system.

AFAIK, disconnecting the battery won't reset the alarm system if it's already been set off.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #19
steve supra
Stock

steve supra is on a distinguished road
Default 86.5 supra alarm blues

My car alarm has a mind of its own. The security system had me blocked from starting it. Took it to a shop. They grounded that portion of the security system and it starts fine. The problem is now an alarm that goes off at all hours and the only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery cables. This is getting to be a pain in the butt. Took it to another shop to have the whole system bypassed. Another ground and an assurance that the system was off. That night, beep, beep, beep. Nobody seems to know how to get oround this problem. Tired of paying money without results. If anyone has knowledge of this system and how to defeat it I would be eternally grateful for the info.
steve supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #20
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve supra View Post
My car alarm has a mind of its own. The security system had me blocked from starting it. Took it to a shop. They grounded that portion of the security system and it starts fine. The problem is now an alarm that goes off at all hours and the only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery cables. This is getting to be a pain in the butt. Took it to another shop to have the whole system bypassed. Another ground and an assurance that the system was off. That night, beep, beep, beep. Nobody seems to know how to get oround this problem. Tired of paying money without results. If anyone has knowledge of this system and how to defeat it I would be eternally grateful for the info.
What I ended up doing was removing the starter connection (the one that just plugs in) and with a wire brush scraped away any corrosion or grim and tried to do the same thing with the side that is on the started. I sprayed some liquid wrench in there and wiped it all off and i haven't had a problem since. Also, I think the alarm computer is somewhere close to the igntion switch... try taking it out? I am not sure if i'm right on that, but it could be worth getting more info on.
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote