Thread: Alarm Hell!!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #20
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve supra View Post
My car alarm has a mind of its own. The security system had me blocked from starting it. Took it to a shop. They grounded that portion of the security system and it starts fine. The problem is now an alarm that goes off at all hours and the only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery cables. This is getting to be a pain in the butt. Took it to another shop to have the whole system bypassed. Another ground and an assurance that the system was off. That night, beep, beep, beep. Nobody seems to know how to get oround this problem. Tired of paying money without results. If anyone has knowledge of this system and how to defeat it I would be eternally grateful for the info.
What I ended up doing was removing the starter connection (the one that just plugs in) and with a wire brush scraped away any corrosion or grim and tried to do the same thing with the side that is on the started. I sprayed some liquid wrench in there and wiped it all off and i haven't had a problem since. Also, I think the alarm computer is somewhere close to the igntion switch... try taking it out? I am not sure if i'm right on that, but it could be worth getting more info on.
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote