Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Supra Specific > Car Audio and Alarms

Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Alarm Defect stopping car from starting

Ok My Dad has an MK3 as well it has sat for years because the alarm does not work properly and the car will not turn over, something as I recall that you had to turn the door key a certain way to reset it. Any ideas on what this might be? I was surprised not to find a thread on this here already.

Thanks

batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
kadinz
3" Exhaust

kadinz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmmannn View Post
Ok My Dad has an MK3 as well it has sat for years because the alarm does not work properly and the car will not turn over, something as I recall that you had to turn the door key a certain way to reset it. Any ideas on what this might be? I was surprised not to find a thread on this here already.

Thanks
well, mine doesn't work well but if/when my alarm does go off(rarely does, im too lazy to rip the shit out.) i turn the trunk key like every which way i can lol it works sometimes, other times i just open my hood and rip the battery terminal off. now to bypass the alarm cutoff you need to cut 1 wire under the steering wheel. i completely forgot which wire it is, i think it's yellow..don't quote me on that though. it's the ground for the starter.

it always seems the car car knows when it's raining or not very nice outside because thats always when the alarm goes off >_<

Last edited by kadinz; 06-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
kadinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
aisloy15
Stock

aisloy15 is on a distinguished road

I like your discussion.Thank you very much.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
cledamaeu
Stock

cledamaeu is on a distinguished road
Default Alarm Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadinz View Post
well, mine doesn't work well but if/when my alarm does go off(rarely does, im too lazy to rip the shit out.) i turn the trunk key like every which way i can lol it works sometimes, other times i just open my hood and rip the battery terminal off. now to bypass the alarm cutoff you need to cut 1 wire under the steering wheel. i completely forgot which wire it is, i think it's yellow..don't quote me on that though. it's the ground for the starter.

it always seems the car car knows when it's raining or not very nice outside because thats always when the alarm goes off >_<
So seriously now, how do you resolve this Alarm Shut down? I wa going to sell my Supra 88' but can't do this until the %$#^%Alarm is bypassed.
cledamaeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
cledamaeu
Stock

cledamaeu is on a distinguished road
Default Alarm shutdown on my Saint Supra!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmmannn View Post

Thanks
If you get an answer let me know, I was going to sell to a loving MotorHead but if it won't start, there will be no test drives for that perfect home. I love my Supra but I am at a loss on this ShutDown alarm thing!!
cledamaeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm posting this this one time only... I will be deleting this thread in the morning so read up and take notes. (and, of course, if your preferences are setup to email you when replies are posted you'll get all of this in your email)

FIRST! Look here:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...x?S=Main&P=122

System delete:

1) REMOVE the Theft Deterrent Computer.

2) Now ground the blue wire with orange stripe (Pin 13).

3) Install good aftermarket alarm.

4) DONE.

System reset (the sure way). Do this AT the deterrent ECU's connector with the battery, theft deterrent ECU and all fuses installed correctly:

1) Jumper the violet with yellow stripe wire (pin 3) to ground.

2) Jumper the blue wire with red stripe (pin 10) to ground.

3) Disconnect both and start vehicle. If it does not start after this test for a ground signal at the starter relay's coil while the ignition is held at STA. If no ground is present either the wiring or deterrent ECU are damaged. If there is then the security system is not to blame.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
Fundamental
Stock

Fundamental is on a distinguished road

the same thing happened with my 88'. had to take it to a dealer and they said the alarm in the door shorted out. they disabled it then a few hours after i got it back the same thing happened. took it back to the dealer and it was the other door this time. havent had a problem with it since.
Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote