Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Show n Tell

Old 09-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road
Default My 88 TTT automatic.

I bought this car a while ago, And just recently got it on the road after the sale of my black n/a. I immediatley regretted selling it, but whatever. The car only has 91k on it (n/a hade over 190...big difference lol). It had a few problems when i bought it, Mostly lights inside and out not working, all easy to fix. Just needed a little diagnosis and soldering, and new bulbs. Anyway, The car just blew its headgasket, like 5 days after i first drove it, So that kinda sucks. Especially since the owner put a brand new head on it, But failed to tell me he used the stock bolts again and didnt even torque them enough. The car is in great shape overall, And I have big plans for it for the future. I am considering the 1jz swap... I am tired of the 7m and its HG issues...But i dont know yet. Depends on how much I like the car. Anyway, To the fun part.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
Isphius
500whp yet?

The targa top is great, And alone was worth giving up my n/a for( i loved that car btw...) Although the shimmy going over bumps is kinda annoying, The fun beats it out. Its so cool having nothing over your head lol.

The paint isnt too shabby, Especially for being original. I hate the color, The black was much better, But its what I got. It will be painted in the spring. I also got a flat tire first day out, stupid potholes! I immediatley noticed this car handles much better than the n/a I guess because the tems on firm mode and the wider tires help. Also my n/a needed new shocks real bad. haha.

The interior isnt all that bad, But its getting changed anyways. Big plans for that! Ill list them below.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
Isphius
500whp yet?

List of plans for my car. I intend to make it look more like an 80s/90s hot rod street car, More than a "tuner" car, Like many supras. This would include, solid color paint, Higher rear/front ride height, No shiny parts on the outside except the wheels and exhaust, Big fat tires, tinted windows, And of course...loud and fast. Heres my current plans

Outter -

Extensive body work and paint, Its gona look nice. Either really metallic graphite gray pearl or black, to be decided.

Lower it (coil overs)

Getting real limo tint done, 2 layers on hatch glass one layer on sides(basically like black paint)

New wheels, kyowa kr316 (stipped bare to aluminum) or kazera kz-a silver w/ machined lip, cant pick yet. Basically any nice looking shiny 5 spokes....

225/50/17 fronts, 255/50/17 rears
Also have 16x8 BBS looking wheels, with 255/50/16 miceky thompson et DOTs, And maybe some pizza cutters to accompany the drag radials.

Shaved antenna and rear wiper, Replace front supra emblem with chrome T logo

Shaving gas door, And replacing it with round billet fuel door for a truck

No body kits or anything of the like...

Smoked turns/running lights

Dual exhaust if its possible(im a symetrical person)

"Moopra" Plates

Inner -

Purple backlit gauges with red needles, and purple LED interior lights and door handle lights.

Cow door inserts, seats, shift boot, ebrake boot, and speaker covers. Maybe some other stuff.

Embroidered targa roof interior panel

Purple glowshift boost and a/f ratio gauges, Casper detonation gauge.

Black carpet, black dash and all vinyl parts, Black mk4 wheel or grant GT wheel with cow fur horn cap, dunno yet.

Black airplane style 4 point harness on custom harness bars. Still allow rear passengers (Just incase)

blaupunkt seatlle mp74 headunit(because you can change it to purple and it has some nice features), blaupunkt speakers and 2 10 inch subs. Whole sub/amp package will be either hidden or integrated with the cars interior in some way. Subs will be built into the spare tire cover, And amp underneath it.

Guts-

HKS coilovers

All new slotted/crossdrilled brakes and the best brake pads I can find, I love my brakes

(future)Rebuilt 7mgte, Forged bottom end, MHG, New belts, pumps, filters and seals...Basically a full rebuild+high boost ability

Swap to manual

Fidanza flywheel

Good clutch kit

One piece D shaft

Some kind of shorter shifter

Fuel pump, AFPR, 550cc injectors

Lexus afm + SAFC-II, or speed density MAFT pro maybe for A/F control.

MDC motorsports Upgraded ct26, or ebay manifold/fmic with garett turbo, Dunno yet, Just want to run 14-15 psi initially (aiming for 300-325 crank hp, or w/e rwhp)

IC hard pipes and FMIC

HKS ssqv recirculated bov

3" BIC ddp, 3" test pipe with cutout, 3 inch catback, Y pipe to 2 1/2 inch pipes with 2 flowmaster 40 series or other mufflers I like the sound of

Possibly a 1jz swap in the future $$ permiting...who knows. ALso depends on how the 7m holds up

Hallman remote boost controller

LIPP or other traction bars, Custom braced rear suspension arms

Custom subframe braces

Traction mod/practice launch it out the A-hole Till it runs better off the line than any mk3 in the world...ok not so much. I want some nice squatting rear end hook up thou, anyone welcome to help me in this quest.

Well thats it so far....Any advice on my parts/turbo choice/anything really appreciated

Last edited by Isphius; 10-12-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

nice and detailed plans
imma use urs as a guide
since i tend to overlook, and overimagine things
, everytime i try think of what i need to do, it always comes around 10k
so thats why i like yours, nice and simple lol

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Isphius
500whp yet?

Well I dunno, I might just sell this car and buy a supra with a 5 speed and lower miles. lol I went from a supra with no options(black 5 speed) To the highest end/most expensive one they sold lol. I miss my black supar thou
Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Isphius
500whp yet?

Actually I might be giving my gf this car, Or at least letting her drive it around. She loves it. And its her bday soon...haha.