Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road
Default How is this legal????

Ok, So i got a dam $1039(way to fuckin excessive) fine back in june, for shooting a slingshot in the woods. I got arrested, they took my slingshot, gave me a court date, all that stuff. The judge treated me like a total asshole(I dont see why because I have no prior record) and gave me a deal, 50$ a week till its paid off, with a 200$ down payment kinda thing. Well shit got tight at home, i payed about 500$ of it, and I stopped, Cause I had to pay rent, bills, etc, And that 200$ a month was really hurting. Then I got a new job a few months back, and a promotion, Made some more money. This was over the course of the last few weeks. Since I stopped paying the fine, They suspended my license and issued a warrant for my arrest. I planned on just saving the 500 whatever dollars and paying it all at once, they didnt need to suspend my license. This is where the illegal and just plain ridiculous stuff starts. 2 nights ago, A cop pulled up behind me, while I was stopped at a red light. As soon as I started going, he pulled me over. He looked up my plates and saw the suspension. I thought the police had to have a reason to run your tags? I guess not. Then he calls me in, sees that I have a warrant out. So i goto jail, get a court date 2 weeks from now, And a receipt saying I paid the bail. The cops told me I take the receipt to the DMV on monday and get my license restored. I goto the DMV today. Not only do they charge me the 100$ restoration fee, But my license is still suspended untill the judge says I can drive again, Which is freakin 2 weeks from now. This is freakin ridiculous, Its all a scam to make money. I am now going to lose my job because I cant get to work, I cant get to school every day, Im gona get kicked out of my house, and get my car reposessed. All this for nothing that has to do with my totally clean, point free license in the first place. Which Is my point, Why is it legal for the court to take away my license just for a fine? Cant they do it the way, say, A credit card company does? They issue a bad credit report and sue you. I would be happy with that. Imagine if everyone you owed money could suspend your license, how much fun would that be, And then another totally different agency charges you 100$ to get it back when all they did was write a suspended license report into their file? Im so thouroughly pissed off and I have no idea what to do, So sorry for the long post. But if anyone has any advice, Please help. My entire life is screwed at the moment.

Last edited by Isphius; 01-22-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

I really don't have any advice, but I feel your pain.

How long did you spend in jail? I hope it wasn't long.

What did you hit with this sling-shot? If nothing, what happened? Someone snitch? Loser neighbor?
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road
Default I feel ur pain

And I can sympatize with you

I was 16 driving a motorized moped scooter
Cop pulled me over looking for a license,insurance and registration

I was like? What the hell?
Got arrested, fined for it
Then jus about a half a year ago
The state screwed my license
So when I got pulled over
I got arrested for driving with a suspended license, towed my car, and took me to jail
Then I went to court for it, thought I had evrything fine, after I paid with an arm and a leg for the fines
Here goes the goverment scam
They never told me that I had to go to the secretary of state, to get my license reinstated,
So when I got pulled over again, they arrested me again, towed my car and put me to jail

Now a few days ago a racist cop pulled me over, cuz I was driving the speed limit
And he thought it was suspicious???
What fucking way do you want me to drive
If its suspicious for me to drive the speed limit
He askd for my license and I gave it to him
And askd what did I do?,no answer
He ask if its registered,told him its to my name but, what did I do?no answer
He askd for my insurance, told him I have insurance but I don't have the paper copy since I jus got it, askd him again, what did I do?,no answer
He ran my plates,he ran my license
He lookd around my car,
Askd me how loud my muffler is
I told him its under 105db (I jus pulled that out of my ass),askd him again what did I do,still no answer
Then after stopping me for so long he handed me back my license, told me to go
I got a bone to pick with them, I'm actually thinking of filing an actual complain against the village, what do you guys think?

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
marc
12psi boost

marc is on a distinguished road

i would man, thats some grimy ass shit for a cop to do. hwo is it suspicious ot drive the speed limit? next time ur caught speeding just give them that cops badge number and tell them he said it was suspicious to drive the speed limit. so u didnt wanna draw attention lol

nothing but the best
-mods- so far
K&N intake fipk
3" megan downpipe
3"turbo elbow
4 washers on the wastegate
highflow cat
short shifter
89+ front bumper, pic soon to come
many more upgrades soon
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #5
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road

Well, actually the "NEW Government", (you know, the one after 9/11), wants to eventually have a criminal record on everyone in this here "free" country.

This way it will be easier for them to keep track of your every move !!!!!

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I sometimes read their website stuff. You will be screwed $$$$ for a long time.

And that 'sling shot', is a terrorist weapon to them.

BB guns. Firecrackers. Realistic looking water pistons, etc.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Well, I dont care about the slingshot weapons charge, I shot a light out with it, Yeah, Im an idiot, got caught, I accept that. But this license shit, charging me with drving on the suspended list and contempt of court for not paying the fine. Im 20 years old and I live on my own, pay for my own college, Pay for my own car, pay rent, I work overtime, and I just want it to stay that way, And I need to drive. Sometimes I get out of work at 1:30 am, nobody wants to give me a ride home at that time. Those cops and judges dont know shit about how that is cause they are above the law. Its bullshit!

Last edited by Isphius; 01-23-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
SupraDupra
3" Exhaust

SupraDupra is on a distinguished road

That is the most obscenely stupid thing I have ever heard.I bet you were mad enough to piss up a wall.You have my sympathy.

@Supra2NR
If you aren't willing to put up with a LOT of crap I wouldn't bother with the complaint.You will find a lot of resistance along the way.That cop was deffinately in the wrong ,but you need to consider if you want the further agrevation or just carry on.
As for the suspision at driving the speed limit ,the only people that do the exact limit around here either have a warrant or no insurance ,so I make sure to speed just a little even if I been drinking.
SupraDupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #8
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

so let me get this straight,
i cant drive the speed limit cuz they might think i dont have insurance
or a registration

but they already given me shit b4 for driving 2 mph over the speed limit
thats why i was driving exactly the speed limit

so where do i stand now, if i cant drive the speed limit, or go over it
and i wouldnt even drive under it, jus to see what thier gonna do

Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
SupraDupra
3" Exhaust

SupraDupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR
so let me get this straight,
i cant drive the speed limit cuz they might think i dont have insurance
or a registration

but they already given me shit b4 for driving 2 mph over the speed limit
thats why i was driving exactly the speed limit

so where do i stand now, if i cant drive the speed limit, or go over it
and i wouldnt even drive under it, jus to see what thier gonna do
Any cop that pulls you over for 2mph over has some kinda personal problem with you and is going to pull you over no matter what.Sadly ,I would assume your trouble lies in your age.Cops always screwed with me when I was younger.The only guy I knew that didn't have a problem when we were young used to wear an "old man hat" when he drove.My father told me he never had a problem after he started driving with a baby seat in the car.Just gotta look older
SupraDupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

You mean they're discriminating pple
And b4 anybody says anything
There's all kinds of descrimination
Including, height,weight,color,age,education, and so on and so on

What that cop was doing was basically racial profiling,
Its sad law enforcement that suppose to serve us are still exhibiting behaviour like this
So how a lot pple can say here in america say that the american justice sytem is the best system?
If it has serious flaws like this
And there's not a damn thing we can do?
Isphius, and I are jus another classic example of what the justice system does to pple
Is this the american dream that evrybody is talking about?
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer!